Julius Jones or Darren McFadden

Julius Jones doesn't impress me much. And does anyone think that McFadden is going to be there when we pick at 9?
We blew our suprise offensive high pick last year on Irons...unless he's not rehabbing like he should, can anyone give me a reason why we would acquire a RB (Jones) that would cost us money that would be better suited for defensive or oline FA's (or maybe a TE FA) help, or a RB (McFadden, if he's even there) at a spot in the first round where we so desperately need dline help?
Anyone?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='623966' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:40 PM']Julius Jones doesn't impress me much. And does anyone think that McFadden is going to be there when we pick at 9?
We blew our suprise offensive high pick last year on Irons...unless he's not rehabbing like he should, can anyone give me a reason why we would acquire a RB (Jones) that would cost us money that would be better suited for defensive or oline FA's (or maybe a TE FA) help, or a RB (McFadden, if he's even there) at a spot in the first round where we so desperately need dline help?
Anyone?[/quote]

who said we need dline help?

geathers/peko/jt&myers/one of our or a drafted DE...

we need linebackers... line.....backers...

[quote name='Francisco' post='623949' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:08 PM']If I was a betting man I would say we would get our hands on one of the two.

Just wait until tomorrow.

:458:[/quote]

DER! Darren McFadden...but I would bust a nut if we got Felix Jones in the second round.

What about trading down and getting Jonathan Stewart.

Why?

C Perry, Rudi, Triple D, Watson & Irons with maybe a later round pick to battle it out --------- Unless you know something we do not in regards to Perry/Irons injuries and you just think Rudi is done.

By the way --------- do the inside sources believe Rudi suffered due to injury or that he is done as an NFL starter?

I'd contend that in most cases the oline makes the RB not the other way around so I'm not for spending big money on one. That does not mean I think any average Joe can play RB.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='623966' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:40 PM']Julius Jones doesn't impress me much. And does anyone think that McFadden is going to be there when we pick at 9?
Anyone?[/quote]

Did he not lose his job to a very Rudi like player?

[quote name='cwing' post='623970' date='Jan 17 2008, 02:48 PM']Why?

C Perry, Rudi, Triple D, Watson & Irons with maybe a later round pick to battle it out --------- Unless you know something we do not in regards to Perry/Irons injuries and you just think Rudi is done.

By the way --------- do the inside sources believe Rudi suffered due to injury or that he is done as an NFL starter?

I'd contend that in most cases the oline makes the RB not the other way around so I'm not for spending big money on one. That does not mean I think any average Joe can play RB.[/quote]

Rudi = Injured/old...never had big play ability

C. Perry = Will never play again

Triple D = I like him, but for some reason the coaches do not trust him

Kenny Watson = Servicable

Irons = Torn ACL, injury history in college....players say it takes two years to fully recover from an ACL

I think the best you could possibly say is our running back situation is questionable. That being said I think our running woes have just as much to with the backs as the o-line.

Now....what the hell does "just wait until tomorrow" mean? :suicide:

The only way we should take a running back is if we can get Kevin Smith in the 3rd round. He is going to shock people in the NFL. A lot of people think UCF isn't a big time school but we have produced Asante Samuel, Brandon Marshall and Atari Bigby lately. Makr my words, Kevin Smith will be a good back in the NFL.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='624010' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:41 PM']I would say it depends on the quality of the FAs (that were willing to spend money on) in positions of need on defense as well. And is Jones the only RB they would look at? What about TJ Ducket?[/quote]

[size=7]MICHAEL TURNER!!!!!!![/size]

ok I am done.

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='624045' date='Jan 17 2008, 04:45 PM']I could see the Bengals trading down if Ellis and Gholston are gone. BPA doesn't excite me, and I really hope they don't go CB (again) in the first round.[/quote]

I doubt CB, but if we let Madieu go then DB (meaning saftey) could be a possiblity if the right game changing type of guy is there.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='624083' date='Jan 17 2008, 05:59 PM']we need like 3 linebackers...

trade TJ for a 2nd and pick LB,LB,LB DE, OL, WR, OL, DL[/quote]

Im with you on the team needs to upgrade the backer position but Im thinking if you'd use your first three picks on them your going to have 3 babes in the woods walking around camp with their thumb up their ass not knowing shit and the coaches having to spend alot of time of coaching three of them up to snuff instead of focusing one one individual .. Three arent going to see the field at the same time anyway at least I wouldnt think so...
I could see signing a vet and using the first pick to grab one and then focusing on a DE or another postion after that..
Come back the next season and hit the backer position again .....thats just me though.

Archived