*OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM SUPER BOWL XLll THREAD*

oldschooler

Great, great image for that Tyree catch...Talk about winning the fight for the ball. The biggest clutch play you can have.

I have hated the Patriots since Palmer got hurt there in 04. I hope the taste stays in their mouth for awhile.

I think the situations of Tiki Barber and Shockey vs. the 'TEAM' concept is something to learn from. Kudos to Coughlin for sticking with what he knows and to the Giants ownership for allowing him to do that.

It's the best team that wins...Not the best players. But the Bengls offense have been learning that the hard way for the last two years. Time to put the egos aside - or physically get rid of them.

BZ

[quote name='TheBZ' post='629862' date='Feb 4 2008, 01:44 AM']Great, great image for that Tyree catch...Talk about winning the fight for the ball. The biggest clutch play you can have.

I have hated the Patriots since Palmer got hurt there in 04. I hope the taste stays in their mouth for awhile.

I think the situations of Tiki Barber and Shockey vs. the 'TEAM' concept is something to learn from. Kudos to Coughlin for sticking with what he knows and to the Giants ownership for allowing him to do that.

It's the best team that wins...Not the best players. But the Bengls offense have been learning that the hard way for the last two years. Time to put the egos aside - or physically get rid of them.

BZ[/quote]

...or we can get a new veteran (8-10 yr) center and we are back in business like before Rich went down. I believe its that simple of a fix.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='629769' date='Feb 4 2008, 03:05 AM']It's apparent that I hate Brady even more than Eli... I hate them both, but damn I love seeing Brady lose the biggest game in his career. So much for 19-0.[/quote]

Yep! I wasn't even gonna bother to watch it because I despise the Pats and the thought of Eli, the Wembley Eli, having a ring made me physically ill. But as the game progressed I suddenly caught myself rooting madly for the Giants.

Words cannot express how pleased I am that the Pats got completely savaged.

I'm glad the Giants won because I'm a Manning fan (primarily Peyton) but for all the shit Eli has taken (deservedly so) to see him rise to the occasion when everything was on the line is big. Down 4 with 2:49 left to play and the ball at your own 11 yard line...

good stuff.

Also, I know Shockey was on IR - why was he up in a club box and not down with is teammates? Because he's a punk?

Lastly, Belichich definitely didn't disappoint me with his latest classless move. If Goodell had any marbles he'd levy a severe punishment for leaving the field (on the biggest game of the year) before the game was over. We all know it won't happen but that is as bush league as it gets. Win with class - lose with class. Simple concept.

also, the giants played the patriots exactly how you have to. Keep the game close (1 score), get a lead late, and don't give Brady enough time to mount a comeback.

The Patriots aren't necessarily a team you want to play much of the game against with a lead. They kick it into another gear when they are behind. Keep it close, and take the lead when its too late for them to come back.

[quote name='TheBZ' post='629862' date='Feb 4 2008, 01:44 AM']Great, great image for that Tyree catch...Talk about winning the fight for the ball. The biggest clutch play you can have.

BZ[/quote]
[b]Word!!!!....Get rid of Ocho Cinco..He is not a team player!![/b]

The Giants were only the second team to win the Super Bowl after trailing in the final minute. The other team was San Francisco, which beat Cincinnati in Super XXIII on a touchdown pass from Joe Montana to John Taylor with 35 seconds remaining. . . . Patriots receiver Wes Welker tied a Super Bowl record with 11 receptions. . . . Each team had only one possession in the first quarter, a Super Bowl record for the fewest possessions in a period.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='629894' date='Feb 4 2008, 08:52 AM']gotta say, I got nervous when Mike Carey came out as the head official. It wasn't looking good for a clean game.[/quote]
I thought the same thing.

And, about that 12 men on the field. Disregard that specific topic - since when were teams allowed to challenge that a penalty didn't occur? That opens up a pretty large box for all types of plays - I think the DE was offsides, that was pass interference, etc.... Basically, they challenged that a penalty should have been called when one wasn't. I thought challenges were in regards to specific plays (spot, possession, etc.) and when penalties did occur.

That is a new one on me.

[quote]New York City already had a victory parade planned for the Giants.

While that was practical in terms of being ready for any eventuality however remote, it was widely regarded as something bad to share with the New England Patriots in advance of Super Bowl XLII.

But what some of the Patriots allegedly said during the game might have served as a bigger motivational boost for the Giants in their 17-14 victory that ruined New England's previously perfect season.

''They were inviting us to their parties after the game,'' Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer said. ''They showed us no respect.''[/quote]

[url="http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/all-supernotes.6257315feb04,0,70253.story"]http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/all-s...4,0,70253.story[/url]

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='629888' date='Feb 4 2008, 07:29 AM']I'm glad the Giants won because I'm a Manning fan (primarily Peyton) but for all the shit Eli has taken (deservedly so) to see him rise to the occasion when everything was on the line is big. Down 4 with 2:49 left to play and the ball at your own 11 yard line...

good stuff.

Also, I know Shockey was on IR - why was he up in a club box and not down with is teammates? Because he's a punk?

Lastly, Belichich definitely didn't disappoint me with his latest classless move. If Goodell had any marbles he'd levy a severe punishment for leaving the field (on the biggest game of the year) before the game was over. We all know it won't happen but that is as bush league as it gets. [b]Win with class - lose with class. Simple concept.[/b][/quote]

Agree, but Belicheat never wins with class--why should he lose with it? He's a sore winner and a sore loser.

Archived