Majewski...Please not this year!

bgwilly31

[quote name='bengalrick' post='647734' date='Apr 1 2008, 02:09 PM']bruce has the upside of hamilton, w/out the downsides... and freel wouldn't have netted us a pitcher as good as volquez could be...[/quote]

But combined and possibly add in hopper in there.

And what upsides.

Bruce has half the at bats as hamilton this preseason. But only 3 less strikeouts. Thats not an upside.

Oh and his avg is .228 Hamiltons dbles that. Is that an upside too?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='647903' date='Apr 2 2008, 07:15 AM']hamilton hit a game winning 2 run HR for texas last night :laugh:[/quote]

Haha thanks for beating me to it.

HERES THE FACT GUYS. All of you haters and blind dumbasses should listen.

The fact of the matter was.

The only people that HAD ANY REAL trade value for the reds. Were Hamilton, Phillips and Harang.

They werent going to trade harang, of course. And phillips was signed long term.

So they traded Hamilton.

Those three guys would have been the only players the reds were even getting phone calls about.

THAT IS THE FACT!

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='647978' date='Apr 2 2008, 11:36 AM']Haha thanks for beating me to it.

The only people that HAD ANY REAL trade value for the reds. Were Hamilton, Phillips and Harang.

They werent going to trade harang, of course. And phillips was signed long term.

So they traded Hamilton.

Those three guys would have been the only players the reds were even getting phone calls about.

THAT IS THE FACT![/quote]

thanks for making the case for why he should have been traded (even though its not accurate).

He hit a HR lastnight, lets just give him the MVP now. :lol:

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='647978' date='Apr 2 2008, 10:36 AM']Haha thanks for beating me to it.

So they traded Hamilton.

you forgot Bruce and Cueto and Votto who all had a TON of interest around the league.

Trading Hamilton was smart. Getting Volquez was smart. Im a HUGE Hamilton fan and i LOVE the trade. Whether or not it works out in the end, it was a trade that needed to be made.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='647999' date='Apr 2 2008, 11:11 AM']you forgot [b]Bruce and Cueto and Votto[/b] who all had a TON of interest around the league.

Trading Hamilton was smart. Getting Volquez was smart. Im a HUGE Hamilton fan and i LOVE the trade. Whether or not it works out in the end, it was a trade that needed to be made.[/quote]

Yeah some BS teams may have wanted them. But not for any real All-star talent in return. Were talking about big time players.

Hamilton was almost garunteed to be a big time player. And the only available type player on the reds squad.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='647978' date='Apr 2 2008, 10:36 AM']Haha thanks for beating me to it.

So they traded Hamilton.

You are an idiot. The reason that Eric Bedard is not in a Reds uni is because we would not give up Bruce.

THAT IS A FACT.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='648469' date='Apr 3 2008, 11:58 AM']Yeah some BS teams may have wanted them. But not for any real All-star talent in return. Were talking about big time players.

[b]Hamilton was almost garunteed to be a big time player. And the only available type player on the reds squad.[/b][/quote]

no he wasn't. His risk was as big as his reward.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='648469' date='Apr 3 2008, 10:58 AM']Yeah some BS teams may have wanted them. But not for any real All-star talent in return. Were talking about big time players.

Hamilton was almost garunteed to be a big time player. And the only available type player on the reds squad.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cueto and Bailey both have MORE trade value in MLB than Hamilton at the time of that trade. Votto had the interest of a LOT of teams. Oakland wanted all 3 of those guys and did not want Hamilton. If there is a team that knows talent it is Oakland. If they want a prospect, that prospect is damn good.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='648988' date='Apr 4 2008, 10:18 AM'][b]Than why didnt any of those trades go through fellas? [/b]

If this team needs pitching.

And what are all of you going to say when Hamilton ends up with 30+ HR's and bats .340 for the entire season?[/quote]

Because the Reds didn't want to trade those players.

[quote name='CTA513' post='649033' date='Apr 4 2008, 12:44 PM']Because the Reds didn't want to trade those players.[/quote]

Wrong. The real reason is because the reds werent offering enough REAL talent. The other teams wanted more because just one or two avg players arent worth a dayum to them Unless grouped together.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='649071' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:08 PM']Wrong. The real reason is because the reds werent offering enough REAL talent. The other teams wanted more because just one or two avg players arent worth a [b]dayum[/b] to them Unless grouped together.[/quote]

I have no opinion on this argument....

I just wanted to point out that whenever I read "dayum" I picture you like this

[img]http://smthop.com/images/yokel02.jpg[/img]

It makes you sound like a dumbass.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='648988' date='Apr 4 2008, 10:18 AM']Than why didnt any of those trades go through fellas?

If this team needs pitching.

And what are all of you going to say when Hamilton ends up with 30+ HR's and bats .340 for the entire season?[/quote]

Ill give you the 30 homers maybe....but .340?

Really??

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='649071' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:08 PM'][b]Wrong. The real reason is because the reds werent offering enough REAL talent.[/b] The other teams wanted more because just one or two avg players arent worth a dayum to them Unless grouped together.[/quote]

Because the Reds didn't want to trade the REAL talent.
The guy who pitched for the Reds yesterday (Johnny Cueto) is one of the players that other teams wanted from the Reds.

Its an old forum habit from other forums that dont allow foul language. And edit it out.

[quote name='Lucid' post='649085' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:54 PM']I have no opinion on this argument....

I just wanted to point out that whenever I read "dayum" I picture you like this

[img]http://smthop.com/images/yokel02.jpg[/img]

It makes you sound like a dumbass.[/quote]

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='648988' date='Apr 4 2008, 10:18 AM'][b]Than why didnt any of those trades go through fellas?

If this team needs pitching. [/b]

Those teams wanted a young stud SP back to get a SP. That doesnt help us. Bruce wasnt going anywhere he has too much value and talent (more than hamilton).

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='649071' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:08 PM']Wrong. [b]The real reason is because the reds werent offering enough REAL talent.[/b] The other teams wanted more because just one or two avg players arent worth a dayum to them Unless grouped together.[/quote]
The real reason is the Reds felt they were giving up way too much talent. And if you saw Cueto pitch yesterday you saw that he has more talent in his arm than Bedard or Haren. Doesnt mean he will post the #'s they do (i think he will smoke their #'s), but he has the potential to be way better than either. Id rather have Cueto than either Bedard or Haren and they watned Cueto and more.

Oh BTW just to toss some more at the HAMILTON FIRE>

I was watching Baseball tonight last night.

And Hamilton hit a freakin shot off the wall. The Analyzers were saying how he reminded them of Larry Walker. "The other guy said oh on. Hes going to be much better than Larry Walker. The reds should have NEVER let him go. "

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='649350' date='Apr 5 2008, 10:18 AM']Oh BTW just to toss some more at the HAMILTON FIRE>

And Hamilton hit a freakin shot off the wall. The Analyzers were saying how he reminded them of Larry Walker. "The other guy said oh on. Hes going to be much better than Larry Walker. The reds should have NEVER let him go. "[/quote]

Volquez > Hamilton for this teams needs all day long.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='649350' date='Apr 5 2008, 10:18 AM']Oh BTW just to toss some more at the HAMILTON FIRE>

And Hamilton hit a freakin shot off the wall. The Analyzers were saying how he reminded them of Larry Walker. "The other guy said oh on. Hes going to be much better than Larry Walker. The reds should have NEVER let him go. "[/quote]

Firstly, Larry Walker was seriously overrated because of his surroundings, in pre-humidor Coors. Secondly, being on television as a show host doesn't mean shit for a credential these days. Who told you that - was it Steve Phillips, who traded Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano? I'd love to hear what Steve Phillips recommends for the team...ha, actually I'd take Kige Ramsey's advice before his.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='649370' date='Apr 5 2008, 12:32 PM']Firstly, Larry Walker was seriously overrated because of his surroundings, in pre-humidor Coors. Secondly, being on television as a show host doesn't mean shit for a credential these days. Who told you that - was it Steve Phillips, who traded Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano? I'd love to hear what Steve Phillips recommends for the team...ha, actually I'd take Kige Ramsey's advice before his.[/quote]
part 2 is great, but Larry Walker was a STUD. He was a beast when he came up in Montreal and he continued in Colorado and wasnt bad at the end of his career in STL. He had a sweet swing and an AMAZING ability to hit.

Archived