Cedrick Wilson, come on down!

MAGICTOUCH

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3302774&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...e=ESPNHeadlines[/url]

[quote]Steelers receiver arrested after allegedly punching ex-girlfriend in the face
Associated Press

Updated: March 20, 2008, 2:13 AM ET

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson was charged with assaulting his estranged girlfriend at a suburban Pittsburgh restaurant Wednesday night.

Wilson, 29, entered the Patron Mexican Grill in Pine Township shortly before 8 p.m. and saw Lindsey Paulat sitting at the bar, according to a criminal complaint filed by Northern Regional Police.

Paulat told police Wilson pushed her on the shoulder and, when she turned around, punched her in the left side of her face before leaving the eatery promptly, according to the complaint.

There was redness and swelling on Paulat's left cheek, and witnesses told officers what happened, police said.

Officers later found Wilson as he was leaving his Pine Township home in his car, police said.

Wilson was charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct and was taken to the Allegheny County Jail to await arraignment.

The relationship between Wilson and Paulat, the mother of his 1-year-old daughter, Anya, has recently been violent.

In January, they were involved in a fight at Wilson's home that ended with her holding police at bay for about 12 hours.

Paulat, of Fawn Township, accused Wilson of encouraging her to commit suicide when she spoke to him on the phone during events that led to her armed standoff. Wilson's attorney, Paul Goltz, said at the time Wilson never spoke with Paulat by phone until after police got involved in trying to quell the standoff, and those conversations were monitored by police.

Paulat surrendered to authorities in the early hours of Jan. 20 and was charged with aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

Police withdrew those charges last month, but Paulat faces trial on charges of discharging a firearm in an occupied structure for allegedly firing two shots after Wilson left the house. Police said the handgun belongs to Wilson.

On Jan. 22, Wilson obtained a temporary protection-from-abuse order against Paulat, alleging she kicked him and that he feared she would shoot him if she got a gun.

A message left with Goltz's answering service was not immediately returned. A message left early Thursday for a Steelers spokesman also was not immediately returned.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press[/quote]

[quote name='ColdGinAgain' post='644862' date='Mar 20 2008, 10:34 AM']And Cedric has been released. Maybe you guys should sign to be your #3 after Chad gets traded or holds out all year.[/quote]

maybe you should go and sip on your cold gin and beat your wife and daughters like a real 5 superbowl champ would ;)
what you need to know is we're stacked on good talent at wide reciever so no sweat off our back if we lose chad :wave:

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='644908' date='Mar 20 2008, 01:14 PM']maybe you should go and sip on your cold gin and beat your wife and daughters like a real 5 superbowl champ would ;)
what you need to know is we're stacked on good talent at wide reciever so no sweat off our back if we lose chad :wave:[/quote]

You lose Chad and don't replace him with someone of damn close or equal talent..... you won't sniff 7 wins this year.

I think WR is actually a big weakness on the Bengals.

You have TJ, we all know about what he brings to the table. Going into 8th year and is 30 yrs old.

The Chica Ocho Stinko. Heard way too much about him this offseason. Also going into 8th year and is 30 yrs old.

Chris Henry. Disappeared last year even when he was "playing". One bad decision from gone.

Antonio Chatman. Showed promise as a #3 his last year in Green Bay. Needs to do something as a Bengal.

Marcus Maxwell. Not the answer.

Glenn Holt. Unsigned at the moment. Not the answer either as the #3 or probably not even the #4.

This is NOT a team strength. Carson is one of the best, but yes, he needs quality receivers. Peyton gets Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, Clark. Brady gets Moss, Welker, (had) Stallworth, Watson.

A WR certainly will be drafted this year. And given the recent draft history, I will not be shocked if it happens as early as Round 2.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='644933' date='Mar 20 2008, 05:03 PM']I think WR is actually a big weakness on the Bengals.

You have TJ, we all know about what he brings to the table. Going into 8th year and is 30 yrs old.

The Chica Ocho Stinko. Heard way too much about him this offseason. Also going into 8th year and is 30 yrs old.

Chris Henry. Disappeared last year even when he was "playing". One bad decision from gone.

Antonio Chatman. Showed promise as a #3 his last year in Green Bay. Needs to do something as a Bengal.

Marcus Maxwell. Not the answer.

Glenn Holt. Unsigned at the moment. Not the answer either as the #3 or probably not even the #4.

This is NOT a team strength. Carson is one of the best, but yes, he needs quality receivers. Peyton gets Harrison, Wayne, Gonzo, Clark. Brady gets Moss, Welker, (had) Stallworth, Watson.

A WR certainly will be drafted this year. And given the recent draft history, I will not be shocked if it happens as early as Round 2.[/quote]
we need to draft a qb..or trade Palmer..and no..I'm not a fan of any other team..I know my opinion is not a popular one..but maybe just maybe it's our qb that's the problem

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649022' date='Apr 4 2008, 12:18 PM']we need to draft a qb..or trade Palmer..and no..I'm not a fan of any other team..I know my opinion is not a popular one..but maybe just maybe it's our qb that's the problem[/quote]
Some explanation, please...

I've not had my laugh today so please enlighten us with your reasoning. This ought to be good.

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649022' date='Apr 4 2008, 12:18 PM']we need to draft a qb..or trade Palmer..and no..I'm not a fan of any other team..I know my opinion is not a popular one..but maybe just maybe it's our qb that's the problem[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649022' date='Apr 4 2008, 10:18 AM']we need to draft a qb..or trade Palmer..and no..I'm not a fan of any other team..I know my opinion is not a popular one..but maybe just maybe it's our qb that's the problem[/quote]
You know, I guess it never donned on me. Ever since the knee injury Carson seems somewhat timid. Maybe we should draft a young stud QB and reload our arsonal.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='649029' date='Apr 4 2008, 12:32 PM']Some explanation, please...

I've not had my laugh today so please enlighten us with your reasoning. This ought to be good.[/quote]
well..in my opinion..under our current construction...we have a minimum chance to compete in our divison..let alone the conference......so why not unload our most expensive veteran player NOW at his highest value.....collect draft picks and players...and try to regroup.

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649042' date='Apr 4 2008, 11:12 AM']well..in my opinion..under our current construction...we have a minimum chance to compete in our divison..let alone the conference......so why not unload our most expensive veteran player NOW at his highest value.....collect draft picks and players...and try to regroup.[/quote]
Someone's gone trollin'

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649042' date='Apr 4 2008, 11:12 AM']well..in my opinion..under our current construction...we have a minimum chance to compete in our divison..let alone the conference......so why not unload our most expensive veteran player NOW at his highest value.....collect draft picks and players...and try to regroup.[/quote]

Outstanding thought Fever! We should be able to get a boat load for Carson. Sad as it is for me to say, this is an excellent idea.

[quote name='CTA513' post='649067' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:02 PM']If you trade Palmer, then you might as well unload everyone.[/quote]
look at what dallas got for getting rid of hershal walker..I don't know...superbowls?..we bengal fans have to look at the big picture..this is not working right now...big changes have to be made..and it's starts with Palmer

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649070' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:06 PM']look at what dallas got for getting rid of hershal walker..I don't know...superbowls?..we bengal fans have to look at the big picture..this is not working right now...big changes have to be made..and it's starts with Palmer[/quote]
Yeah because a rookie quarterback can come and be better than our pro bowl QB right away :rolleyes:

Are you 5?

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649070' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:06 PM']look at what dallas got for getting rid of hershal walker..I don't know...superbowls?..we bengal fans have to look at the big picture..this is not working right now...big changes have to be made..and it's starts with Palmer[/quote]

Yes. That would be a sweet deal. I have the perfect team to fleece....the Squeelers. As far as the thought that we may as well get rid of everyone...hello....it's not like we're overly loaded at the present time.

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649042' date='Apr 4 2008, 01:12 PM']well..in my opinion..under our current construction...[b]we have a minimum chance to compete in our divison[/b]..let alone the conference......so why not unload our most expensive veteran player NOW at his highest value.....collect draft picks and players...and try to regroup.[/quote]
What the hell ever...

minimum chance??? You're out of your mind. Get some LB's healthy, get a healthy RB (whether that is Rudi / Irons / Perry / or a new draft pick), and we're immediately at the top of the division fighting with Pitt, and maybe Cleveland... do those things and get a stud DT and I think we win the division.

But, you're entitled to your opinion...

even if it is wrong.

[quote name='bengalfevercatchit' post='649070' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:06 PM']look at what dallas got for getting rid of hershal walker..I don't know...superbowls?..we bengal fans have to look at the big picture..this is not working right now...[b]big changes have to be made..and it's starts with Palmer[/b][/quote]

It should start with the defense.

Archived