2008 March Madness Thread

JC

I can't believe this thread hasn't been created yet.

To this point there have been no upsets, but Georgia gave Xavier a run for their money.

Im excited to see how these first two days shape out.

[quote name='mjm47' post='645020' date='Mar 20 2008, 10:31 PM']I can't believe that there are pinned threads for UK & UD but not XU.

I'm really looking forward to watching X beat Duke in the Sweet 16.[color="#FF0000"][b][size=5]*[/size][/b][/color][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b][size=5]*[/size][/b][/color] IF the dookies make it that far.

Duke just hits a brick wall at the end of the season. The past three seasons. It sucks. They play well all regular season and then that start a cold streak at the end of the year.

Hopefully we can win soundly against WVU.

[quote name='mjm47' post='645020' date='Mar 20 2008, 10:31 PM']I can't believe that there are pinned threads for UK & UD but not XU.

I'm really looking forward to watching X beat Duke in the Sweet 16.[/quote]
im a Duke and Xavier fan. If Duke plays Saturday like they did today then X wont be playing Duke. Hell if X plays like they did today on Saturday X wont be there either.

Stephen Curry is sick. He just crossed a Zag and ran him into another zag.

Davidson could be this years cinderella. It just depends on how far Curry takes them.

Drake is on its way to a loss to WKY.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='645059' date='Mar 21 2008, 04:54 AM']I have WVU over Duke ;)

Joe Alexander is gonna make Singler his bitch.[/quote]
HAHAHAH. WVU could win, but its not cuz Alexander will make Singler his bitch. Singler can stop Alexander.

[quote name='JC' post='645156' date='Mar 21 2008, 01:33 PM']Stephen Curry is sick. He just crossed a Zag and ran him into another zag.

Davidson could be this years cinderella. It just depends on how far Curry takes them.

Drake is on its way to a loss to WKY.[/quote]

I picked Davidson to beat Gtown. Stephon Curry is amazing.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' post='645171' date='Mar 21 2008, 03:47 PM']Western Ky beats Drake on a last second 3 from damn near out of bounds in OT
INCREDIBLE... its not March Madness til something like that happens
Although I had drake in my bracket <_<[/quote]
That was sick.

Though WKY deserved it because they got a pretty shitty charge call towards the end of regular time.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='645289' date='Mar 23 2008, 01:37 AM']Did OSU advance to the round of 32?
Oh, that's right....
:lol:

dickhead!
:lol:[/quote]
Bunghole :pointlaff:

Nope and neither did UVa. But neither ate a dick in round one, either

(haven't chatted with you in a while, bro... hope all is well ;) )

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='645294' date='Mar 22 2008, 10:14 AM']Bunghole :pointlaff:

(haven't chatted with you in a while, bro... hope all is well ;) )[/quote]
Singletary was a monster. It's a shame he never really had any help.

[quote name='JC' post='645300' date='Mar 23 2008, 02:31 AM']Singletary was a monster. It's a shame he never really had any help.[/quote]
I'm embarassed to say I dunno who that is. I assume he's a Wahoo, but I honestly have not been able to follow much this year with the move to Aus and all...

Hope all is well with you, JC.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='645294' date='Mar 22 2008, 10:14 AM']Bunghole :pointlaff:

(haven't chatted with you in a while, bro... hope all is well ;) )[/quote]
All is well. How are you? How are things in the land where water swirls backwards down the drain?

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='645287' date='Mar 22 2008, 09:12 AM']UK & UCONN :pointlaff:

:ninja:[/quote]

My sig says it all. When Price had to be carried off with what looked at the time like a torn ACL (they still don't know exactly what it was) it was like deja vu of the Pittsburgh playoff game and Carson. Same sunken feeling in the stomach. :quiver: :sadd:

Then after being down pretty much the whole game it looked like we were going to pull it out and then :suicide:

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='645307' date='Mar 22 2008, 10:57 AM']I'm embarassed to say I dunno who that is. I assume he's a Wahoo, but I honestly have not been able to follow much this year with the move to Aus and all...

Hope all is well with you, JC.[/quote]
Thanks my friend. I hope all is well with you, which im pretty sure it is considering your in Australia. The futbol probably isn't as exciting though.

But yeah singletary was the Wahoo's point guard and he was averaging 20 a game. He put 38 up against miami and lost by two. He was excellent. They just didn't have anyone to help.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='645166' date='Mar 21 2008, 03:19 PM']HAHAHAH. WVU could win, but its not cuz Alexander will make Singler his bitch. Singler can stop Alexander.[/quote]

22 points, 11 rebs

Singler had 6 and 4 and got his 4th personal with what, 12 minutes left, and I'm pretty sure at least 3 were on Alexander

Not that I'm surprised at all that you were completely off base, ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='645374' date='Mar 22 2008, 04:33 PM']22 points, 11 rebs

Singler had 6 and 4 and got his 4th personal with what, 12 minutes left, and I'm pretty sure at least 3 were on Alexander

Not that I'm surprised at all that you were completely off base, ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)[/quote]

You have to really suck for Bob Huggins to beat you in the 2nd round. This may set up an intriguing matchup of Huggy Bear vs. his old nemesis, Xavier.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='645326' date='Mar 23 2008, 04:21 AM']All is well. How are you? How are things in the land where water swirls backwards down the drain?[/quote]

No complaints thus far. Though it would be nice to be able to watch March Madness and not just be a troll... <_<

Though it is kind of fun to play the troll every now and then :P

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='645338' date='Mar 23 2008, 05:28 AM']My sig says it all. When Price had to be carried off with what looked at the time like a torn ACL (they still don't know exactly what it was) it was like deja vu of the Pittsburgh playoff game and Carson. Same sunken feeling in the stomach. :quiver: :sadd:

Then after being down pretty much the whole game it looked like we were going to pull it out and then :suicide:[/quote]

You know, I hate UConn. But having been to Gampel for a game, I know the fans there are as loud, crazy, and behind their team as any fans anywhere. I'm sure you're taking it hard. And the parallels to '05 in Cincy suck. Hopefully this is the end of *your* bad karma and the Bengals will win this year. ^_^

[quote name='JC' post='645342' date='Mar 23 2008, 05:39 AM']Thanks my friend. I hope all is well with you, which im pretty sure it is considering your in Australia. The futbol probably isn't as exciting though.

But yeah singletary was the Wahoo's point guard and he was averaging 20 a game. He put 38 up against miami and lost by two. He was excellent. They just didn't have anyone to help.[/quote]

Oh yeah, come to think of it, I do remember him now. That's been the UVa formula forever. One or two good players and a buncha nobodies. Oh well. What else is new :shrug:

The sooner UNC gets KO'd, the sooner I can be happy about the tourney, whether I actually get to watch, or not. B)

Archived