Griff
BP
Votto
EE
Bako
Patterson-prefer Hopper
Pitcher

reasoning:
1-Dunn: On-base guy, who right now couldnt hit slow pitch softball. I believe the two main goals for the leadoff guy is to get onbase and see as many pitches as possible. Not drive guys in(which dunn is terrible at). Therefore I believe this is a good spot for Dunner as of now.

2- Kepp: Most ppl agree with me here. Need a guy that makes contact. You really dont need Dunn to be a steal threat if you can just as easily rely on Kepp for a hit and run.

3-Griff: I know Thurman youre going to hate this (and i agree with you that hes not a 3-4-5 hitter anymore) but lets face the facts, griff isnt going anyway but 3 or 4 in the lineup. So I put him here to help alternate lefties(which for some reason the reds love to do.)

4-BP: Best all-around hitter, lets put him in the meat of the order.

5-Votto: Splits up the lefties, and hes been on a tear of late. Also helps BP steal more bases because Votto bats lefty.

6-EE: Until he shows me more cosistant hitting rather then pop up city he stay at 6.

7-Bako: Dont expect too much here.

8- Patterson: terrible leadoff guy, 8th spot hardest to hit in the lineup. I would like to put Hopper here bc of his bunting. Could easily bunt hit then pitcher bunt him to second.

stat of the day: I read that Hopper had close to 350 atbats last year and only pulled the ball in the air 7 times!!!!!

[quote name='dieselman44' post='654517' date='Apr 21 2008, 09:18 AM']Since we are doing lineups:

Dunn
Kepp
Griff
BP
Votto
EE
Bako
Patterson-prefer Hopper
Pitcher

reasoning:
1-Dunn: On-base guy, who right now couldnt hit slow pitch softball. I believe the two main goals for the leadoff guy is to get onbase and see as many pitches as possible. Not drive guys in(which dunn is terrible at). Therefore I believe this is a good spot for Dunner as of now.

2- Kepp: Most ppl agree with me here. Need a guy that makes contact. You really dont need Dunn to be a steal threat if you can just as easily rely on Kepp for a hit and run.

3-Griff: I know Thurman youre going to hate this (and i agree with you that hes not a 3-4-5 hitter anymore) but lets face the facts, griff isnt going anyway but 3 or 4 in the lineup. So I put him here to help alternate lefties(which for some reason the reds love to do.)

4-BP: Best all-around hitter, lets put him in the meat of the order.

5-Votto: Splits up the lefties, and hes been on a tear of late. Also helps BP steal more bases because Votto bats lefty.

6-EE: Until he shows me more cosistant hitting rather then pop up city he stay at 6.

7-Bako: Dont expect too much here.

8- Patterson: terrible leadoff guy, 8th spot hardest to hit in the lineup. I would like to put Hopper here bc of his bunting. Could easily bunt hit then pitcher bunt him to second.

stat of the day: I read that Hopper had close to 350 atbats last year and only pulled the ball in the air 7 times!!!!![/quote]

1. Hopper (hopper can get a hit on a bunt on almost every play, best sacrificer, tons of speed, contact hitter)

2. Phillips (I like him at cleanup too, but with his speed, we have to take advantage and put him high in the order

3. Keppinger (I also like him in the 2 hole, and could live with the current lineup up w/ griffey in between keppinger and phillips respectively, but I would personally go w/ this lineup)

4. Griffey (he is better here, b/c he lacks the speed you prefer in the 3 spot.

5. Dunn (I'd rather trade him to be honest)

6. Votto (proven himself)

7. EE (could swap w/ Votto, depending on who is hot/hotter)

8. Bako (I don't care if he hits .100, he can catch and call a game)

9. Pitch

Tr

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='654409' date='Apr 20 2008, 05:09 PM']:pointlaff:
:rofl:

Liar, eh? #22 and I were sitting about 40 ft behind EdWIN, and you're telling me we left when the Brewers scored two? That's funny, cause I could've sworn we stayed for the Reds at bat, and I don't think it was for enjoyment of the beautiful weather.[/quote]

Umm thats great. I would have called you an idiot for leaving any game before the end. Unless you have an emergency or Important place to be.

As for the accusation. Try and go back and quote me where i wrote that you left the game.

My point was everybody is a damn liar if after those two runs were scored they were sitting there saying. "Oh well, aside from a miracle, scratch up another loss" Bako hitting a hr qualifies as a miracle. :lol:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='654415' date='Apr 20 2008, 05:36 PM']I think they should give this lineup a shot:

Phillips
Keppinger
Griffey
Votto
Edwin
Dunn
Bako
Patterson
Pitcher[/quote]

I dont like B-P in the leadoff spot at all. And neither does B-P. Dunn Has no protection behind him again in that situation so he will continue to get Pitched around. The Key for DUNN seeing better pitches in the current lineup is EE improvement.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='654420' date='Apr 20 2008, 05:48 PM']im glad someone else notices the same things as me. [b]EE is far far better than the idiot fans in this town give him credit for.[/b]

I would prefer to go with:

Keppinger SS
Dunn LF
Phillips 2B
EE 3B
Votto 1B
Griffey RF
Bako C
Patterson CF
Pitcher

Speed would be great, but this team doesnt have it in players that start. Phillips has too much power to bat # 1. He is better with RISP than Dunn so Dunn moves to # 2 since he will get on base a lot. Phillips, EE, and Votto are the 3 best bats on the team with RISP that have power (Kepp i prefer at the top as he is a singles hitter). EE gets good protection for once and so does Votto. Griffey as a Red is right around a 240 hitter with RISP. He is NOT a 3-4-5 hitter anymore. He was when he was in Seattle, but almost every year he has been in Cincinnati he has not produced very well with RISP. Today he did though (for those who want to bring it up). Bako is hitting the ball well this year. And i like Patterson in the 8 hole. When he does get on base, he could steal 2nd and then the pitcher behind could sacrifice him to 3rd if there isnt 2 outs. So if he gets on with less than 2 out there is a good chance it can be like he hit a triple. Then Keppinger who is good with the bat has a good shot of getting him in.[/quote]

Ok lets clear this EE shit up.
Seriously the problem you have with everybody and EE is. Everybody doesnt hate EE> They just dont think he is GOD of 3B like you think.
Facts
-EE is not the best hitter on this team. He is far from it.
-EE makes some great plays over at third
-EE also makes some bonehead plays at third
-EE has 6 out of the 11 total REDS errors this season, no other player has more than 1
-EE is very inconsistent hitter. "streaky" Thats not good.
-EE Seems very clutch at times(during one of his hot streaks), Unfortunately hes very bad .083 bad at times.
-I dont HATE EE. I wish him the best and hope that he improves greatly for the sake of this team.

However you making outragous claims on EE gets annoying. You constantly talk about EE like he is the REDS.
So its not us idiot fans. Its more like the contrary.

As for your lineup. KEPP doesnt work at leadoff. He's the best hitter we have right now, and having him hit behind the pitcher is a terrible idea.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='654431' date='Apr 20 2008, 07:03 PM']Bailey is tearing it up right now in Louisville. He's got a 1.03 ERA through 4 starts. He's only had 4 walks total. It'll be interesting to see how long before he's in the rotation. I know Belisle is getting the start tomorrow, but I don't see Bailey waiting very long if he keeps this up.

If Corey Patterson slumps, Bruce may also get a shot earlier than expected. He's also off to a good start in April.[/quote]

Unfortunately i think Dusty has a giant hard-on for C-Pat and i dont see this happening very soon. I wish Pat-Bruce would platoon hitting in the 8th spot.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='654455' date='Apr 20 2008, 09:22 PM']Oh shit, I see BGWilly in tha heezy!

Prepare thread for derailment in one...two...three....[/quote]

Thread has been officially Derailed. B)

Ohhh and heres my shot at a lineup.

1.C-Pat/R.freel
2.DUNN
3.Griffey
4.B-P
5.Kepp
6.EE
7.Voto
8.Bak/ross

If bruce were to come back. Im not sure. It would screw the whole lineup up. I think then you would be forced to either bat Kepp or B-P or Dunn at leadoff.

Not sure if bruce would fit well in the leadoff.

With my lineup picture this.

2nd inning rolls around and you have

Kepp EE and Votto coming up.

I like the sound of that.

This thread is however getting a little bit off-topic.

To end this threads topic. The reds EPIC FAILED this 12 game test with a final record of [b][color="#FF0000"]4[/color]-8[/b]
And now we start with the "real" teams. First up dodgers, lets hope last night our hitting turned a corner.

Im going to start a general Discussion thread, where we can discuss games, lineups and whatevers on your minds that day.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='654560' date='Apr 21 2008, 11:44 AM']Ok lets clear this EE shit up.
Seriously the problem you have with everybody and EE is. Everybody doesnt hate EE> They just dont think he is GOD of 3B like you think.
Facts
-EE is not the best hitter on this team. He is far from it.
-EE makes some great plays over at third
-EE also makes some bonehead plays at third
-EE has 6 out of the 11 total REDS errors this season, no other player has more than 1
-EE is very inconsistent hitter. "streaky" Thats not good.
-EE Seems very clutch at times(during one of his hot streaks), Unfortunately hes very bad .083 bad at times.
-I dont HATE EE. I wish him the best and hope that he improves greatly for the sake of this team.

However you making outragous claims on EE gets annoying. You constantly talk about EE like he is the REDS.
So its not us idiot fans. Its more like the contrary.

As for your lineup. KEPP doesnt work at leadoff. He's the best hitter we have right now, and having him hit behind the pitcher is a terrible idea.[/quote]

Kepp is a singles hitter. I want him at 1 or 2.

EE is the best hitter on the team. He does make great plays and bonehead plays. He isnt streaky once he gets out of April. He consisntetly hits then. EE is important for the Reds lineup. If he hits the team is SIGNIFICANTLY better. If he struggles we are in trouble. He is very clutch at all times but April. Thats why his career with runners on, in scoring position and such is VERY high.

Archived