The Reds early TEST of 08'

bgwilly31

[quote name='CTA513' post='653106' date='Apr 16 2008, 07:29 PM']I can't wait for Belisle or Bailey to replace him.[/quote]
seriously why hasn't this move already been made? This guy just has NO stuff. He is up there throwing meatballs and just hoping he hits corners. And if he doesn't there it goes.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='653109' date='Apr 16 2008, 07:35 PM']seriously why hasn't this move already been made? This guy just has NO stuff. He is up there throwing meatballs and just hoping he hits corners. And if he doesn't there it goes.[/quote]

Belisle has been making rehab starts in the minors and made a start in AAA the other day.
Bailey is supposed to be working on his control, so Im guessing we see Belisle up first as long as he healthy.

Replying to the thread title "Early Test of '08", I'd say so far they get an F on their early test.
Two of our SP's are garbage (Fogg, Arroyo), we have some suspect pitching in the pen (Coffey, Weathers) and we can't hit a goddamn softball right now.
Ugh.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='653217' date='Apr 17 2008, 07:10 AM']Replying to the thread title "Early Test of '08", I'd say so far they get an F on their early test.
Two of our SP's are garbage (Fogg, Arroyo), we have some suspect pitching in the pen (Coffey, Weathers) and we can't hit a goddamn softball right now.
Ugh.[/quote]

The answer to that equation>

REDS SUCK

Ive been talking all kinds of smack to my friends that are Tribe fans and Tiger fans. Cant really do that anymore. <_<

But none the less.

I will be listening come 2pm today!

I dont have much confidence today but ive still got some hope!

Cmon Volquez!

Its hard to win when you have 2 good players...Phillips and Harang.......cueto has potential but hes still young so i cant label him yet, but other than phillips and harang, theres no other good players. Griffey used to be good, his time has passed, and adam dunn HAH that guy is a joke.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='653421' date='Apr 17 2008, 02:00 PM']Volquez just walked The pitcher with the basesloaded and two outs in the 2nd inning to force in the first run.

UNBELIEVABLE> <_<[/quote]

The ump helped Lilly out by squeezing Volquez.

Here's the current Everday line up dusty mmmkay?

1. CF HOPPER
2. SS KEPPIONGER
3. RF GRIFFEY
4. 2b BRANDON
5. LF DUNNER
6. 3B FREEL
7. 1B VOTTO
8 the catcher
9. the Pitcher

Trade Dunner for decent arm . . . Release, cut or send Edwin, Bronson, weathers, and the deer hunter elsewhere.

Bring up Bruce, and Bailey.

How can we lose? B)

C A K E

[quote name='The Scales' post='653559' date='Apr 17 2008, 05:14 PM']Here's the current Everday line up dusty mmmkay?

1. CF HOPPER
2. SS KEPPIONGER
3. RF GRIFFEY
4. 2b BRANDON
5. LF DUNNER
6. 3B FREEL
7. 1B VOTTO
8 the catcher
9. the Pitcher

Trade Dunner for decent arm . . . Release, cut or send Edwin, Bronson, weathers, and the deer hunter elsewhere.

Bring up Bruce, and Bailey.

How can we lose? B)

C A K E[/quote]

EE is getting hot now and u just cut him. he is up to 240. dunn is hitting like 146. now thats fucking stupid. Griffey hits like 240 with RISP and Dunn hits worse than that. LETS BAT THEM 3rd and 5th CUZ THATS GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way I love how everyone is all down on the reds now that we hit a little rough spot. Can you guys give it at least month before claiming the reds suck. 2 weeks ago everyone had "reds fever" now everyone wants to quit on them. There have been 16 games this season, we arent even 1/10th done with the season, give it some time before claiming the reds suck.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='653587' date='Apr 17 2008, 06:12 PM']By the way I love how everyone is all down on the reds now that we hit a little rough spot. Can you guys give it at least month before claiming the reds suck. 2 weeks ago everyone had "reds fever" now everyone wants to quit on them. There have been 16 games this season, we arent even 1/10th done with the season, give it some time before claiming the reds suck.[/quote]
i havent quit.

What cho trying to get crazy with [u]eci[/u]* don cho you know I'm loco?

* (sp?)ese

Reinforcements likely on their way
After rough road trip, roster moves appear inevitable for Reds
By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

Matt Belisle, who is 3-0 with a 1.09 ERA in three Minor League rehab starts, appears ready. (Al Behrman/AP)

CHICAGO -- You can take it to the bank that Reds manager Dusty Baker and general manager Wayne Krivsky will be huddling up after the 10-day road trip ends Thursday.
Potential roster moves will most certainly be on the agenda, especially after such a rough journey.

"We'll either talk on the phone or as soon as I get back," Baker said.

Lots of players are performing well early in the season at Triple-A Louisville. As it so happens, Krivsky has been scouting in Louisville all week.

Calling up a starting pitcher is a possibility after Josh Fogg's two-inning, nine-run performance in Wednesday's loss. Matt Belisle has pitched well during a rehab assignment for a sore forearm and appears ready to come off the disabled list. Belisle is 3-0 with a 1.09 ERA in three Minor League starts.

Homer Bailey has a 1.42 ERA in three starts, and Justin Lehr is the International League's reigning pitcher of the week with a 0.60 ERA in his two starts. Fogg, whose next turn in the Reds' rotation comes up Monday vs. the Dodgers, isn't the only pitcher struggling. Reliever Todd Coffey has a 7.20 ERA through nine appearances.

The Reds' bats have had trouble producing runs lately, but there's been no ailing of the Louisville Bats' bats, especially from the right side.

Entering Thursday, Jerry Hairston Jr. was batting .429 with two home runs and 10 RBIs. Hairston also has a clause in his contract that he can be released if he's not in the Majors by an early part of the season. Another veteran, Jolbert Cabrera, was hitting .359. From the left side of the plate, top prospect Jay Bruce is batting .333 with three homers.

On Wednesday, Bruce was 3-for-3 and a double shy of hitting for the cycle. But he came out of the game early after he jammed his right shoulder sliding back into first base.

"You've got some guys doing very well down there, guys that we liked in Spring Training," Baker said. "We have a couple of guys due to come off [the DL], so something's got to shake."

That could include catcher David Ross, who's also at Louisville on a rehab assignment because of back spasms. Ross is also eligible to be activated from the DL but is batting all of .167 (4-for-24) in nine Minor League games.

The Reds will open a six-game homestand on Friday against the Brewers and are in the midst of a 16-day stretch without a day off.

"It's a very interesting situation," Baker said of his roster.

Mark Sheldon is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

and...

lets take a looksy at the box

Cincinnati AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
Hopper, CF-RF 4 1 0 0 1 0 1 .273
Freel, 2B-LF 5 1 2 1 0 1 1 .250
Griffey, RF 5 1 2 3 0 1 1 .286
Weathers, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
Castro, J, 2B 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
Dunn, LF 4 1 0 0 1 1 1 .182
Coffey, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
Keppinger, SS 5 1 2 0 0 0 0 .328
Encarnacion, 3B 4 2 2 0 1 0 1 .235
Votto, 1B 4 1 2 5 0 1 2 .351
Bako, C 4 1 1 0 0 1 1 .351
Volquez, P 3 0 0 0 0 1 1 .000
Burton, P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

a-Patterson, PH-CF 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .216
Totals

Jus doing what I do.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='653587' date='Apr 17 2008, 06:12 PM']By the way I love how everyone is all down on the reds now that we hit a little rough spot. Can you guys give it at least month before claiming the reds suck. 2 weeks ago everyone had "reds fever" now everyone wants to quit on them. There have been 16 games this season, we arent even 1/10th done with the season, give it some time before claiming the reds suck.[/quote]

dude, we're 2 games under .500 in April. It's over.

Archived