*General REDS discussion*

bgwilly31

If this thread gets too big for the site we will lock it down and start another.

Next up dodgers! Im scurred, I can tell you that. We've looked terrible against arguably the softest division in the MLB.
Luckily Dodgers are only 7-11. (of course against a tough division) Belisile is back tonight, im not sure what to expect. We face Brad Penny tonight. 2-2 record, 2.96 ERA.

Lets hope things change. If they dont change quickly our hole might be too deep.

I'm with you on tonight will be a rough one. Hopefully the walk off win will give this club the jolt they need to get back on the right track. Also what belisle will we see tonight, one that has dominated agaisnt minors or the one that struggled at times last year.

Lets go Reds.

I hope so. I read that Griff has some really good numbers against Penny. I aslo believe I read that out of 22 (20 something) AB's that Dunn has struck out 13 times against Penny. Lets hope Griff hits it out, because the numbers don't look good for Dunn.

Also I was wondering what you guys think about the catching situation ?

[quote name='SD_semro' post='654594' date='Apr 21 2008, 01:20 PM']I hope so. I read that Griff has some really good numbers against Penny. I aslo believe I read that out of 22 (20 something) AB's that Dunn has struck out 13 times against Penny. Lets hope Griff hits it out, because the numbers don't look good for Dunn.

Also I was wondering what you guys think about the catching situation ?[/quote]

Dunn has 8hrs. in 150ABs against the dodgers.

As for the catcher.

Who knows. We need something. D.ROSS is terrible. Im not a D.ross fan at all. He's like a A.dunn at the plate. Except he strikes out as much or more, doesnt have a good eye(wont work counts), and doesnt have the type of power as DUNN. All of that equals out to TERRIBLE.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='654600' date='Apr 21 2008, 01:45 PM']what's wrong with Bako? He's hitting as well as anyone not named Keppinger right now. Granted he's not driving in a lot of runs, but that takes people being on base in front of him.[/quote]
EE is out hitting everyone, then Votto, then Bako, then Keppinger.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='654600' date='Apr 21 2008, 01:45 PM']what's wrong with Bako? He's hitting as well as anyone not named Keppinger right now. Granted he's not driving in a lot of runs, but that takes people being on base in front of him.[/quote]

Two things.

36 years old

.235 CAREER BA

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='654633' date='Apr 21 2008, 02:38 PM']EE is out hitting everyone, then Votto, then Bako, then Keppinger.[/quote]

Everything is about EE. :lol: Jesus Christ [img]http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/nutswinger.gif[/img]

[quote name='number85' post='654645' date='Apr 21 2008, 02:46 PM']The Reds dumped Castro today and called up Hairston. Took them long enough.[/quote]

Is hairston a righty?

This guy is porely up here just for a bat off the bench correct?

I dont see us using him as a starter.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='654649' date='Apr 21 2008, 02:48 PM']Everything is about EE. :lol: Jesus Christ [img]http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/nutswinger.gif[/img][/quote]
he is on a 10 game hitting streak and hitting over 400 during it. how can u not talk about him right now?

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='654651' date='Apr 21 2008, 02:50 PM']Is hairston a righty?

This guy is porely up here just for a bat off the bench correct?

I dont see us using him as a starter.[/quote]
and late inning defense and he can play a lot of positions.

So i was just browsing through the reds 2008 salaries.....

And here are a few that stuck out to me.

[b]R. FREEL>>>$3mil[/b]
-What in the hell? For a pinch runner and a fill in guy? WHY? Especially compared to N.hopper's $400k. Drop Freel and keep hopper for that kind of money.

[b]Kepp>>>>$400k[/b]
-What a steal

[b]A.Gonzalez>>>$4.6mil[/b]
-Fucking A. Drop his ass and keep KEPP>

[b]EE>>>>>$450k[/b]
-Pretty much a steal again.

[b]J.Castro>>>>$1mil[/b]
-Thank god they dropped him. I could think of way to use the extra mil.

[b]J.Valentin>>>>$0[/b]
- :huh: Thats what it says. Im good for keeping him for that.

[b]D.weathers>>>>$3.3mil[/b]
-Good god. He better start performing a bit better than that to earn that kind of green.

[b]T.Coffey>>>>>>$1mil[/b]
-DROP PLEASE, for the love of god.

Question the 2 dominican sensations are both valued at 400k currently.
Does that money hold up for the extent fo their contracts with us. Or will they surely renegotiate next year if they continue to perform the way they do?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='654736' date='Apr 21 2008, 05:13 PM']so ignore his posts. It's not a difficult concept.[/quote]

I will but ive gotta comment on this one.

Thurman Posted this in the other thread. That thread has no relevance to these topics so im responding over here.

[quote name='thurmanmaster'][b][color="#FF0000"][size=5]EE is the BEST HITTER ON THE REDS[/size][/color][/b][/quote]

Who else agrees? :mellow: *crickets**crickets*

:lol: Seriously man. If it wasnt for this 10 game hitting streak he would still be batting .083.
His plate appearances have been terrible. Hes constantly out on his front foot. I like EE. But he is not the best hitter on this team.

However i do agree with you. When hes batting well this team is SIGNIFICANTLY better. But that would be the case with any terrible hitter turned good on this team.
You take a guy batting .083 through the first 10 games. And then turn him into .350 hitter. The team is going to be noticably better.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='654743' date='Apr 22 2008, 08:38 AM']I will but ive gotta comment on this one.

Thurman Posted this in the other thread. That thread has no relevance to these topics so im responding over here.

:lol: Seriously man. If it wasnt for this 10 game hitting streak he would still be batting .083.
His plate appearances have been terrible. Hes constantly out on his front foot. I like EE. But he is not the best hitter on this team.

However i do agree with you. When hes batting well this team is SIGNIFICANTLY better. But that would be the case with any terrible hitter turned good on this team.
You take a guy batting .083 through the first 10 games. And then turn him into .350 hitter. The team is going to be noticably better.[/quote]
I have been reading your inane shit for weeks... and generally am thankful that you keep Thurmans ignorant ass occupied somewhere other than the Bengals threads... but seriously :huh:

If it wasn't for his 10 game hitting streak? WTF? You fucking moron. That's unbelievably fucking idiotic.

If it wasn't for Jrs 600 HRs.

If it wasn't for Bonds' (asshole) 700+ HRs

If it wasn't for Pete Rose's 4000+ hits...

cripes.

You are a fucking toolbag. If it wasn't for the fact the EE is hitting well he wouldn't be hitting well :crazy: Well thanks for the fucking update you dipshit.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='654743' date='Apr 21 2008, 05:38 PM']I will but ive gotta comment on this one.

However i do agree with you. When hes batting well this team is SIGNIFICANTLY better. [b]But that would be the case with any terrible hitter turned good on this team. [/b]
You take a guy batting .083 through the first 10 games. And then turn him into .350 hitter. The team is going to be noticably better.[/quote]
He was the best hitter on the team last year. Please tell me who is a better hitter than EE last year?

Keppinger is a singles hitter and by the end of the year will hit around 290 with like 7 HRs.

Griffey will hit 270 and hit 30 HRs

Dunn will hit 230-240 and hit 30 HRs

EE will hit 285 and hit 25 HRs

Phillips will hit around 285-290 and hit 25-30 HRs

Votto will hit around 300 with 18-20 HRs

EE will lead the team with RISP yet again. Votto will be second. Keppinger 3rd. Phillips 4th. Griffey 5th. Dunn 6th.

I would really like to know who is better. EE has the potential to be an All Star 3B if he can put it together for an entire season. This team has an amazing future with Bruce-Phillips-EE-Votto in the lineup. I dont see how anyone can be down on any of those 4 when 3 have shown a lot in the majors and 1 is the wet dream of every GM in baseball.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='654758' date='Apr 21 2008, 06:26 PM']I have been reading your inane shit for weeks... and generally am thankful that you keep Thurmans ignorant ass occupied somewhere other than the Bengals threads... but seriously :huh:

If it wasn't for his 10 game hitting streak? WTF? You fucking moron. That's unbelievably fucking idiotic.

If it wasn't for Jrs 600 HRs.

If it wasn't for Bonds' (asshole) 700+ HRs

If it wasn't for Pete Rose's 4000+ hits...

cripes.

You are a fucking toolbag. If it wasn't for the fact the EE is hitting well he wouldn't be hitting well :crazy: Well thanks for the fucking update you dipshit.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you. that is EXACTLY what i thought.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='654684' date='Apr 21 2008, 03:25 PM']So i was just browsing through the reds 2008 salaries.....

And here are a few that stuck out to me.

[b]R. FREEL>>>$3mil[/b]
-What in the hell? For a pinch runner and a fill in guy? WHY? Especially compared to N.hopper's $400k. Drop Freel and keep hopper for that kind of money.

[b]Kepp>>>>$400k[/b]
-What a steal

[b]A.Gonzalez>>>$4.6mil[/b]
-Fucking A. Drop his ass and keep KEPP>

[b]EE>>>>>$450k[/b]
-Pretty much a steal again.

[b]J.Castro>>>>$1mil[/b]
-Thank god they dropped him. I could think of way to use the extra mil.

[b]J.Valentin>>>>$0[/b]
- :huh: Thats what it says. Im good for keeping him for that.

[b]D.weathers>>>>$3.3mil[/b]
-Good god. He better start performing a bit better than that to earn that kind of green.

[b]T.Coffey>>>>>>$1mil[/b]
-DROP PLEASE, for the love of god.

Question the 2 dominican sensations are both valued at 400k currently.
Does that money hold up for the extent fo their contracts with us. Or will they surely renegotiate next year if they continue to perform the way they do?[/quote]

dit toe

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='654788' date='Apr 21 2008, 08:28 PM']did CCC hijack your login? That dude gives up in the first quarter of every damn Bengals game...[/quote]

nope. its mee. eye didd yews eh ninja, u nowe. Thiss isnt Jamie_B. Eye Promiss.

Seriously, are you watching on slingbox or something?

Archived