*General REDS discussion*

bgwilly31

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='655538' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:59 PM']Volquez looked very solid once again.

Bailey is tearing it up right now in Louisville and should be up soon.

If only Bronson could turn it around....and we start hitting with ANY amount of consistency.

Maybe Hairston is the answer. :lol:[/quote]

Who thinks Bailey will take the 5 spot that Fogg got yanked from and Belisle possibly blew the other night?

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='655562' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:37 PM']Who thinks Bailey will take the 5 spot that Fogg got yanked from and Belisle possibly blew the other night?[/quote]
I really don't see another option there.
At least the Reds managed a win with offense backed by solid starting pitching, which was SUPPOSED to be this team's MO this season.

So now I guess the Reds lose three in a row before giving us another soul-crushing dash of hope in an extra-inning win?
:lol:

I know it's early, but dammit, seven losing seasons in a row is enough. We are showing signs of being crappy. Me no likey.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='655538' date='Apr 22 2008, 09:59 PM']Volquez looked very solid once again.

Bailey is tearing it up right now in Louisville and should be up soon.

If only Bronson could turn it around....and we start hitting with ANY amount of consistency.

Maybe Hairston is the answer. :lol:[/quote]
When healthy Hairston is a good MLB player. He hasnt been healthy in 2 or 3 years.

I think Hopper would have been an answer but he must have fucked Dusty's wife or something.

Everyone looked way better at the plate today so that was huge. If they start hitting we are fine.

Bailey taking the #5 spot and running with the job would be huge. He is the only potential impact starter that we have in reserve.

Bill Bray might be able to give us something, but he just can't stay healthy.

I'm ambivalent about David Ross. I can see some positives, namely that he's better defensively than Valentin and he's right-handed. I don't think he is as bad as he looked at times last year.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='655565' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:42 PM']When healthy Hairston is a good MLB player. He hasnt been healthy in 2 or 3 years.

I think Hopper would have been an answer but he must have fucked Dusty's wife or something.

Everyone looked way better at the plate today so that was huge. If they start hitting we are fine.[/quote]

hell, even if half of them start hitting I'd be happy.

I've swung from the sac of Edwin over to the sac Edinson. He's my Idol.

Shazam!

Hairston kinda looks like a lighter shade Corey Patterson. Now why would you go out and buy an ol busted C.P when you already got the new hotness on your team?

and hopper?

and Bruce?

I mean seriously? How much they dumping into C.P?

they just ate a million bucks by shit canning castro

A MILLION DOLLARS!!!

(pause on that, meditate on that for just a second... one million dollars, you set fire to a million bucks cause your opinions are old and crusty, thouroughly lacking in symmetry, and geometry.)

Juan and his 23 children do thank you though.

And keeping with the ol tired theme . . . While it's very possible that Norris Laid the Pipe to someones wifey . . . i believe it's more likely that same ol' busted, tired opinion that some salty vet has more worth than a young guy who's shown what he can do, simply cause the salty dogs' been at it longer. or at least thats what Dusty told em.

Let me give all you ol fuddy duddy gms a little advice.

When you see your young guy, whos playing on the *CHEAP* , and who's got something to prove, a payday to get or whatever it is, you go with the young guy, until such time he starts really screwing up, and over a considerable time then, and only then do you go out and get a stop gap vet.

Getting rid of Juan Castro came about 24 days too late. What a mistake to give a bench player a multi-year contract.

I'm warming up to the idea of Brandon Phillips getting the occasional start at SS. He can do what Kepp does in the field.

Dusty seems to be trying just about anything to get the bats going. I think adding Bruce and Ross would help. Votto and Edwin have both put together some nice stretches of games recently. Hopefully Dunn and Phillips can get going.

Bronson has his work cut out for him tonight. He needs to turn it around soon, but I don't know if tonight will be the night.

Bron Bron needs to kick it up a notch for a good stretch before he gets outta mah dog house.

I'll have the universe lift the hex as long as anyone other than C.P. Is in center.

it's the least i can do.

don't wanna listen?

wanna do what chor pride says?

then ye shall be FORSAKEN

until such time you apologize in your own special way

Krivsky is fired, now Walt Jocketty (sp. ??) -- takes over -- I thought Krivsky was doing a great job rebuilding our farm system which has given us depth and options to use. I also can see how he gave out good contracts to not so good players. I'm not sure, but I bet there was something going on that we might never know -

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='655949' date='Apr 23 2008, 02:36 PM']The Reds activated David Ross today and placed Norris Hopper on the disabled list.

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsqBWIZbH1pgm96e8eVGhCgW0bYF?slug=ap-redsmoves&prov=ap&type=lgns"]http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsqB...p&type=lgns[/url][/quote]

Thats it. I cant stand this.

D.ROSS is 4 for 30 in AAA .167 IN triple fucking A .

out of those 30 AB's he's struck out 12 times. Almost half. In triple fucking A.

Keep his ass down there until he improves. I cant stand D.ROSS. He just looks terrible at the plate. He cant hit opposite field. So guess what. Every pitcher throws him outside corner. Watch next time he is up. Every damn pitch will be outside corner. Not to mention curveballs, which give him one hell of a time too.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='655979' date='Apr 23 2008, 04:20 PM']Thats it. I cant stand this.

out of those 30 AB's he's struck out 12 times. Almost half. In triple fucking A.

Keep his ass down there until he improves. I cant stand D.ROSS. He just looks terrible at the plate. He cant hit opposite field. So guess what. Every pitcher throws him outside corner. Watch next time he is up. Every damn pitch will be outside corner. Not to mention curveballs, which give him one hell of a time too.[/quote]

FIRE JOCKETTY!!!!!!11111

:ninja:

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='655979' date='Apr 23 2008, 04:20 PM']Thats it. I cant stand this.

Keep his ass down there until he improves. I cant stand D.ROSS. He just looks terrible at the plate. He cant hit opposite field. So guess what. Every pitcher throws him outside corner. Watch next time he is up. Every damn pitch will be outside corner. Not to mention curveballs, which give him one hell of a time too.[/quote]

Ross and Bako catching is better than Bako and Valentin catching.
I wish they had better options, but they don't right now.

[quote name='CTA513' post='655995' date='Apr 23 2008, 03:56 PM']Ross and Bako catching is better than Bako and Valentin catching.
I wish they had better options, but they don't right now.[/quote]

ehhh i dont like valentin either. So it would be a toss up for me.

I would say valentin might be a better all around hitter. But yeah i agree Ross as a package is better than valentin but that isnt saying much at all.

OUr options suck at catcher. I cant stand guys that hit less than 20homers and strike out a shit pile. That kills rallies and kills this team.

Archived