From meatchicken to Buckeye

BengalBacker

[b]Ex-Michigan offensive lineman to join Ohio St.[/b]
By the Associated Press

Thursday, April 24, 2008

COLUMBUS — The Ohio State-Michigan rivalry is about to get even more interesting, now that former Wolverines football player Justin Boren has decided to join the Buckeyes.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel says Boren plans to put on the scarlet and gray after sitting out the 2008 season as required by NCAA transfer rules.

The sophomore offensive lineman left the Michigan program last month, saying its "family values have eroded" under new coach Rich Rodriguez.

In a statement released through Tressel, Boren says he's looking forward to helping the Buckeyes continue their excellence. Boren went to high school in the Columbus suburb of Pickerington.

• Ohio State will play Navy to open the 2009 football season. The schools announced a two-game series Wednesday, April 23, in which Navy will come to Ohio Stadium on Sept. 5, 2009. The Buckeyes will meet the Midshipmen on Aug. 30, 2014, in a game to be played in the Annapolis, Md., region.

Justin played on my high school football team. He was very strong, he could bench over 450 and squat over 750 coming out of high school. The problem with him was that since he was so much stronger than everyone he never had to try and he never did. He was probably the laziest person on my team. I have heard that Rodriguez makes his players work real hard, and I'm thinking that partially is the reason. Also, Boren probably isn't the best fit for his style of offense, and Ohio St can prepare him for NFL style blocking. Just thought I'd share

[quote name='eskimo' post='656657' date='Apr 24 2008, 07:40 PM']Justin played on my high school football team. He was very strong, he could bench over 450 and squat over 750 coming out of high school. The problem with him was that since he was so much stronger than everyone he never had to try and he never did. He was probably the laziest person on my team. I have heard that Rodriguez makes his players work real hard, and I'm thinking that partially is the reason. Also, Boren probably isn't the best fit for his style of offense, and Ohio St can prepare him for NFL style blocking. Just thought I'd share[/quote]

nice insight!

Archived