So who was the Bengals biggest bust?

This time of year always brings up famous Bengal busts. Who is our biggest? I wouldn't put Pollack in there because he wasn't a top ten. This is a tough question.
#4. Dan Wilkinson - sucked for us, but did have an ok career.
#3. Ki-Jana Carter - Mr. Glass was always hurt, and never was healthy and went on to suck for two other teams
#2. David Klingler - Yuck. Just horrible with the dinks and dunk passes.
#1- Akili Smith - Not just the fact that he sucked, but the fact that they passed on the Saints entire draft makes him the biggest bust.

On a side note. Would it be worse to be Scott Norwood around Superbowl time or Ryan Leaf at draft time?

Achilles Smith! Klinger's throwing motion was ruined by Kenny A, well, per a article a while back and I believe him. KaJunka was an injury so you have to cut him some slack and Big Duddy lasted a long time in this league so you can't say it is him.

Klingler was the worst by far. Drafting him when we had a perfectly good Boomer. That is what pissed Boomer off in the 1st place and alienated him. Thats what gave him the "out" or a reason to want out.

A. Smith was bad ...yes but he was a pick of need, in needing a QB because we had none.

Klingler was a STUPID pick that just pissed off Boomer.
Busting on a QB ppick sets you back 3 to 5 years. Klingler set us back 4-7 years with Boomer still here a couple years then gone.
Prove me wrong

Freddie Childress, Pete Koch, Ricky Hunley, Reggie Rembrandt, Klinger, Smith, Jack Thompson

[quote name='patno' post='656731' date='Apr 24 2008, 09:11 PM']Akili Smith was the biggest bust. We could have had all of New Orleans picks for our 3rd pick who was Akili .He was a double bust.[/quote]

Which of these picks did something?

Akili barely over Klingler.

[quote name='cwing' post='656734' date='Apr 24 2008, 10:21 PM']Freddie Childress, Pete Koch, Ricky Hunley, Reggie Rembrandt, Klinger, Smith, Jack Thompson

Which of these picks did something?[/quote]

Champ Bailey.

Archived