!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM 2008 NFL DRAFT THREAD !!!

Boo-fucking-who for Chick. I like the changes that were made to the draft. 15 minutes is way too long in the first place and most teams just use the extra time to hope someone calls with a trade offer. A whole room full of dry erase boards lists the players that they want, so I don't think all the planning will be ruined by cutting 5 minutes off the pick time.

Basically, Chick is crying that he has to work a double this weekend? Who among us hasn't worked overtime? I wish I could let the local public know when I'm upset about working a double shift and beg for their pity....the life of a beat writer must be a tough one.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='657445' date='Apr 26 2008, 08:09 AM']Here's to hoping that this draft is the draft that puts
this team over the hump and they are perennial contenders
that goes on to becoming a DYNASTY !!!! :1062: :party: :gobengals: :icon15:

[size=7][color="#FF8C00"]WHO[/color]-[b]DEY !!!! [/b][/size]

[img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2104/buttheadmd4.gif[/img][img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3747/beavisps5.gif[/img][/quote]

Draft time already.Lets get this season rolling with a good draft :gobengals: :gobengals:

[quote name='Bengals 4 Life' post='657499' date='Apr 26 2008, 09:45 AM']Lets go Bengals!!!!

No matter what happens today/tomorrow, lets look for best available talent that are also character guys!!![/quote]

Let's also try to be positive, no matter who we pick. Most of us watch college games and study stats on the net & magazines. We all have our favorites & who we want the Bengals to take.

But we don't interview the players, watch as much tape or have the inside info the teams do. So let's not do a knee jerk reaction and slam our team when they take player we don't approve of.

Oh who am I kidding ? I'll be the first one on here bitching after our first pick if announced.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='657479' date='Apr 26 2008, 08:55 AM']i got my internet just in time :headbang:
carson said on the radio that he wants sedric ellis, lets make it happen baby.
a lot of the mocks have the saints trading with the patriots and them taking ellis :anticipate:[/quote]

not going to the draft party?

[quote]===LUDWIG AT LARGE ALERT: 63 players will be drafted today, Saturday, April 26, and 192 players will be drafted on Sunday, April 27. If each team takes its allotted 5 minutes between picks on Sunday, DAY 2 OF THE DRAFT WILL LAST 16 HOURS!!! Thanks, commish, for ruining the draft before it even starts===[/quote]

umm isn't it 3 minutes between picks after round 3?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657513' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:13 AM'][b]Adam Schefter[/b] (sp?)
Long #2
Ryan #3

I would feel REAL good about us getting Ellis (and maybe even Dorsey) if that happens.[/quote]
:o :eek2:

Holy crap! Jamie spelled it right!

:lol:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657525' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:25 AM']Did that one guy from the dallas morning news ever get his final mock in?[/quote]

Yes.

Link: [url="http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/042608dnspomockdraft.3818917.html"]http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ft.3818917.html[/url]

Harvey.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657514' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:14 AM']Plus it would screw the Ratbirds who want Ryan[/quote]

I think Troy Smith is really going to be the guy for those fuckers...

I'm just afraid of them getting Ellis, Dorsey, for for the love of God, Gholston.

[quote name='Lateralus' post='657531' date='Apr 26 2008, 10:39 AM']I think Troy Smith is really going to be the guy for those fuckers...

I'm just afraid of them getting Ellis, Dorsey, for for the love of God, Gholston.[/quote]

Buckeye fan?

BENGALS STILL AREN’T BUDGING
Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2008, 11:49 a.m.
So we heard ESPN’s Merrill Hoge claim earlier in the day that, based on discussions with the Cincinnati Bengals, he believes that the Bengals would only trade receiver Chad Johnson if someone gives up two first-round picks and an established player. And the Bengals would want $5 million back from Johnson in previously-paid bonus money.

Hoge also declares that the Bengals would also be forced to cut running back Rudi Johnson if such a deal is done.

Huh?

We’ll assume for now that Hoge has had another concussion. If not, where in the heck did Hoge get the idea that the Bengals would be compelled to cut Johnson? As we’ve previously explained, the $8 million in dead money that the Bengals would be carrying after a pre-June 1 trade would be offset by Johnson’s $3 million base salary, resulting in a net hit of $5 million in 2008.

The easy way to clear the money arising from the Johnson cap hit would be to reduce quarterback Carson Palmer’s base salary from $7.75 million to the veteran minimum by paying him a big chunk of it right now as a guaranteed amount, which then would be prorated over time.

Paying Palmer $7 million right now and spreading it over five years would clear up $5.6 million in 2008 cap room. And that would be more than enough to cover the net cap hit from trading Johnson.

Bottom line — if the Bengals wanted to move Johnson, they could do it without cutting a single veteran. The truth is they don’t want to trade him, and the only way it happens today is if president Mike Brown takes a Hoge-style hit to the head.

Archived