!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM 2008 NFL DRAFT THREAD !!!

[quote name='Lateralus' post='657541' date='Apr 26 2008, 10:53 AM']BENGALS STILL AREN’T BUDGING
Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2008, 11:49 a.m.
So we heard ESPN’s Merrill Hoge claim earlier in the day that, based on discussions with the Cincinnati Bengals, he believes that the Bengals would only trade receiver Chad Johnson if someone gives up two first-round picks and an established player. And the Bengals would want $5 million back from Johnson in previously-paid bonus money.

Hoge also declares that the Bengals would also be forced to cut running back Rudi Johnson if such a deal is done.

Huh?

We’ll assume for now that Hoge has had another concussion. If not, where in the heck did Hoge get the idea that the Bengals would be compelled to cut Johnson? As we’ve previously explained, the $8 million in dead money that the Bengals would be carrying after a pre-June 1 trade would be offset by Johnson’s $3 million base salary, resulting in a net hit of $5 million in 2008.

The easy way to clear the money arising from the Johnson cap hit would be to reduce quarterback Carson Palmer’s base salary from $7.75 million to the veteran minimum by paying him a big chunk of it right now as a guaranteed amount, which then would be prorated over time.

Paying Palmer $7 million right now and spreading it over five years would clear up $5.6 million in 2008 cap room. And that would be more than enough to cover the net cap hit from trading Johnson.

Bottom line — if the Bengals wanted to move Johnson, they could do it without cutting a single veteran. The truth is they don’t want to trade him, and the only way it happens today is if president Mike Brown takes a Hoge-style hit to the head.[/quote]

Wonder if they would bite if Washington threw in Moss.

[quote name='Lateralus' post='657537' date='Apr 26 2008, 10:45 AM']Some child molester looking guy on ESPN just said Dallas will not try for Chad becuse "Chad's personality is not compatable with TOs"[/quote]

I've heard them say that, and I think its B.S. Besides Chad and TO being friends, Jerry Jones takes all comers regardless of personality.

[quote]The easy way to clear the money arising from the Johnson cap hit would be to reduce quarterback Carson Palmer’s base salary from $7.75 million to the veteran minimum by paying him a big chunk of it right now as a guaranteed amount, which then would be prorated over time.

Paying Palmer $7 million right now and spreading it over five years would clear up $5.6 million in 2008 cap room. And that would be more than enough to cover the net cap hit from trading Johnson.[/quote]

Brilliant!

Let's trade him. Now.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='657545' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:04 PM']Wonder if they would bite if Washington threw in Moss.[/quote]
Hoge said they would bite if the first two rounders included Randel El.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657557' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:16 AM']Schefter said Levi has requested a trade?? :blink:[/quote]

Yeah! What the fuck is that all about?

"Disagreement with the coaching staff?"?!?

Maybe the medical staff... :huh:

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='657564' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:20 AM']LOL WTF?

:rofl:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?[/quote]

Dead serious...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657565' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:21 AM']how many damn players have to want out before this orginization gets it? for fucks sake[/quote]

This is getting downright depressing...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='657567' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:23 AM']I hope you forgot a ninja on this, if not you really have lost your damned mind.[/quote]

Levi wants out
Chad wants out

And this is just this year

come on man

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='657569' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:24 AM']he was dumb as hell about a year ago. go read his posts. he hasnt had a GOOD IDEA in a long time.[/quote]

oh please

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657570' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:25 AM']Levi wants out
Chad wants out

And this is just this year

come on man[/quote]

I guess you have lost your damned mind if you believe every little fucking rumor anymore.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='657569' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:24 AM']he was dumb as hell about a year ago. go read his posts. he hasnt had a GOOD IDEA in a long time.[/quote]

:crazy:

Jamie didn't lose it until about Wednesday. What's your excuse?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='657574' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:28 AM']Sure it could be a smokescreen thing, but why?[/quote]

or it could just be straight B.S.

Never understood why everyone instantly believes what the media says. You're better than that jamie.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='657575' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:28 AM']i agree with almost all of your posts, so what is OUR excuse?[/quote]

haha good for you. I agree with about 25% of yours. :P

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='657577' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:30 AM']or it could just be straight B.S.

Never understood why everyone instantly believes what the media says. You're better than that jamie.

haha good for you. I agree with about 25% of yours. :P[/quote]

Schefter is usually pretty on, could he be getting some BS? Sure but he never makes things up.

Archived