Great Story

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='661331' date='Apr 30 2008, 05:02 AM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/columns/story?columnist=hays_graham&id=3372631"]Central Washington offers the ultimate act of sportsmanship.[/url][/quote]

Helps restore the faith in humanity. Nice story.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='661331' date='Apr 30 2008, 05:02 AM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/columns/story?columnist=hays_graham&id=3372631"]Central Washington offers the ultimate act of sportsmanship.[/url][/quote]
I thought the story was pretty good, girl was being a puss though... She was going to take a homer off the board and allow herself to be scored as a single.

Having torn my ACL, LCL, and breaking the knuckle off my fibula playing softball, if I'd been in a game that meant something, if the only way my team was going to win required me to round all the bags unaided by my team I could have easily drug my ass around the diamond... she tore her ACL, she didn't dislocate her knee or anything. People live without ACL's all the time - hell, Philip Rivers played a playoff game with his ACL blown out last year. Suck it up and get your ass around the bags and count the run!!!

B)

:ninja:

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='661499' date='Apr 30 2008, 01:51 PM']I thought the story was pretty good, girl was being a puss though... She was going to take a homer off the board and allow herself to be scored as a single.

Having torn my ACL, LCL, and breaking the knuckle off my fibula playing softball, if I'd been in a game that meant something, if the only way my team was going to win required me to round all the bags unaided by my team I could have easily drug my ass around the diamond... she tore her ACL, she didn't dislocate her knee or anything. People live without ACL's all the time - hell, Philip Rivers played a playoff game with his ACL blown out last year. Suck it up and get your ass around the bags and count the run!!!

B)

:ninja:[/quote]

Honestly though, my first thought, and very insensitively I know, was "why wouldn't she just crawl around the bases scootching on her butt?" Or... they don't have any crutches there? Maybe not since it's D2 softball, but still. Or maybe the umps didn't have to be such sticklers to the letter of the rules.

Oh well, probably a male/female thing. Guys get [b]too[/b] competitive when it comes to sports I guess. :lol:

Archived