Welp, Fuck You Too Chad Johnson

[quote name='BklynBngl' post='670773' date='Jun 5 2008, 03:06 PM']I find it funny that Chad is talking up / comparing himself to Kobe, a guy who, to great acclaim, got control of himself, became a much better teammate, embrace a more selfless style of play...and immediately won the MVP and led his team to the finals and a likely championship.[/quote]

I think it is funny that he compares himself to Kobe Bryant when he isn't close to being the best player on the team.

To me...That's part of what this is about. I think he started to give Carson some trouble, and the team told him to STFU.

At least he wouldn't have that trouble with Jason Campbell.

BZ

Yeah, he wants to be in Philly... If Donovan's passes that are too short, behind him or get him crushed in the middle doesn't make him cry, the relentless Philly fans will. I guess he learned nothing from his bud T.O.

As for the whole "face of the franshise" thing. I agree that Palmer should be, but it you ask a random fan to name a Bengal and it will be CJ 90% of the time.

You guys would be better of just cutting your losses at this point. Get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him and never look back.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='670670' date='Jun 5 2008, 09:34 AM']all talk, no action. Always has been. He'll be there with his tail between his legs.

Besides, let's not pretend Chad's a big guy. Someone will fuck him up if he tries to start shit in the locker room. We should bring Reggie Myles back just for that.

My money's on willie picking him up by his head though.[/quote]

willie made him who he is... as far as the money goes. willie coached him through getting his first two deals and how to handle it properly. willie has done the same his whole career, just willie is smart enough to know when it doesnt work you dont go batshit crazy like a 3 yr old.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='671303' date='Jun 7 2008, 03:31 PM'][b]willie made him who he is... as far as the money goes. willie coached him through getting his first two deals and how to handle it properly. willie has done the same his whole career[/b], just willie is smart enough to know when it doesnt work you dont go batshit crazy like a 3 yr old.[/quote]

You know what though... There is absolutely nothing wrong with that IMO. If you are able to leverage your employer while keeping it civil and behind closed doors, more power to you.. That's as American as apple pie. It's when you cross the line that Chad has crossed is where it becomes a problem.

[quote name='Lucid' post='671306' date='Jun 7 2008, 03:39 PM']You know what though... There is absolutely nothing wrong with that IMO. If you are able to leverage your employer while keeping it civil and behind closed doors, more power to you.. That's as American as apple pie. It's when you cross the line that Chad has crossed is where it becomes a problem.[/quote]

i suppose your correct... kinda like letting a 4 yr old play with a lighter, but all in all your right..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='671309' date='Jun 7 2008, 03:52 PM']i suppose your correct... kinda like letting a 4 yr old play with a lighter, but all in all your right..[/quote]

I would feel differently if Willie hasn't given his all every year he has been here. As a fan, I dn't really care if he feels he should be paid more, or if management is getting a headache over his complaining... All I care about is that he gives his all, and help to inspire those aropund him to do the same..

I think you can say that about Willie.

[quote name='Lucid' post='671317' date='Jun 7 2008, 04:25 PM']I would feel differently if Willie hasn't given his all every year he has been here. As a fan, I dn't really care if he feels he should be paid more, or if management is getting a headache over his complaining... All I care about is that he gives his all, and help to inspire those aropund him to do the same..

I think you can say that about Willie.[/quote]

agreed.

Archived