NHL TEAMS

• 9 months later...

[quote name='Jason' post='776637' date='May 16 2009, 12:27 PM']I went to a Hurricanes game a couple of months ago, my first ever NHL game, so I guess as of now, they are my team.

Especially since they are playing Pittsburgh in the playoffs.[/quote]
Fucking Penguins beat my Caps. <_<

Go 'Canes! :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!
(Clap, clap , clap clap clap)

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!
(Clap, clap , clap clap clap)

I'm a wing nut!! LOL!! I haven't missed a game all season! Thanks to NHL Center Ice and my DVR. I even got to go to 2 games at the Joe this year!

1 More win for Lord Stanley's Cup - AGAIN!!!

Bengals Fans JOIN ME in HATING Pittsburgh again!!

check out what they are saying about the Pens game 5.....CHEAP SHOT BITCHES!!!

[quote][size=4]There's no excusing Pens' punk behavior[/size]

By MARI DELAGARZA • FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER • June 8, 2009

And the hits keep coming. In Game 5, the desperate Penguins resorted to thug tactics, with Max Talbot slashing Pavel Datsyuk, and Evgeni Malkin hooking Henrik Zetterberg.

[b]The Pens' behavior even drew criticism from their hometown newspaper.[/b]

"Shamefully, the Penguins lost their cool to the point that they took 12 penalties, including three by Evgeni Malkin and 10-minute misconducts by Craig Adams, Max Talbot and Matt Cooke," wrote Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "For a minute there, I thought I was watching the cheap-shot Philadelphia Flyers."

Overheard
Penguins forward Bill Guerin on how Sidney Crosby, 21, and Malkin, 22, will respond to the Game 5 loss: "I think they'll be fine. We talked a bit last night, and it was already starting to roll off the shoulders. ... These guys are beyond their years. They know how to handle situations like this. They've proven they can bounce back from a tough game."

Press clippings
• Adrian Dater, Denver Post: "Can we officially call the Pittsburgh Penguins the Phoenix Suns/Utah Jazz now? What a laydown, meek, terrible, abominable, atrocious, awful, putrid, lousy, rotten showing (Saturday night) by the best team in the Eastern Conference, the Penguins, in Game 5 of the Cup finals at Detroit.

"The Penguins are the old Suns and Jazz wrapped into one. The Suns and Jazz always had good years in the '70s, '80s and '90s, but never could win it all."

• Bob Duff, Windsor Star: "The television cameras caught NHL commissioner Gary Bettman in his seat during the second period as the Wings poured it on.

"Bettman's expression said it all. Watching the team he's tied his league's future to go up in flames, he looked like a guy who was suffering from kidney stones."

Getting ready
Fans won't have to wait long for Stanley Cup T-shirts if and when the Wings win the series.

DC Sports will have Stanley Cup champion T-shirts in stock the morning after the series-clinching game. DC Sports has four locations in metro Detroit: Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights, Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi, Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills and Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor.[/quote]

[url="http://www.freep.com/article/20090608/SPORTS05/906080343/1053/SPORTS05/There+s+no+excusing+Pens++punk+behavior"]http://www.freep.com/article/20090608/SPOR...++punk+behavior[/url]

I HATE Pittsburgh!!

• 3 weeks later...
I know it won't matter to anyone, but I've got a "ranked" rooting interest for nearly all NHL teams:

#1 - St Louis. Head-and-shoulders above everyone else, if the Bluenotes are involved I'm pulling HARD for them to win.
#2 - Columbus. Hard to root against a team only 60 miles from my ancestral home.
#3a - Toronto
#3b - Detroit
#4 - Team Canada (all remaining Canadian teams go here, preference given to Western Conference)
#5 - Les Habitants (they're from Quebec, not Canada)
#6 - Ice-growing Western Conference teams (cities where ice naturally forms, ranked by latitude, highest to lowest)
#7 - Non ice-growing Western Conference teams (in order from smallest market to largest)
#8 - Don't give a shit about the Eastern 'tweeners. I pull for them to all tie each other and get hurt.
#9 - Boston / New York (all 3 teams) / Washington.... I hate them all.

Archived