What do you do for a living?

bengalfanga

[quote name='Jungle1' date='Apr 1 2005, 08:28 PM']What kind of music do you produce and perform?  I do some writing/recording with some people here in Columbus when I get free time.
[right][post="70761"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

performing i play drums... although I havent played in about a year with my old band... (Siolence was that bands name)

[url="http://www.garageband.com/artist/Siolence"]http://www.garageband.com/artist/Siolence[/url]

B*tch was written when we were 16... In the clear was written in 2001. we broke up in 2003 after opening for Dope, and then we played one more "good bye" type show in 2004. and that was it...

I also sing in another band The sYck deVelopment (thus the name)

Production wise, I do allot with some rappers out of philly, and i mostly work on NIN sounding stuff for a few people around here in Noke, and my projects of course...

i work for T-mobile, some sales, some graphics/marketing and soem advetrising campaigns for new locations. that aside, im really just a senior sales rep, the fancy shit above i dont get paid for, im thier bitch.

but i make decent coin, it pays for all of your guys addiction :P and mine <_< ..

i just mvoed today, and have no internet until next friday and no tv until tuesday. hopefully i can mooch off someones wifi for a few days... or do some sort of dial up nonsense.... but i dont really have a phone line. maybe cinbell will give me free dial up till they fix my shit...

i hate the god damned apartment, can only get cincinnati bell and can only get zoomtown for internet no other cable or satelite, nothing... fuckers....

what the HELL am i gonna do without internet for a WEEK??/

jesus

bastards....

also, my work scheduled me 9 days in a row before i left for vacation.. and 7 in a row after i got back... nothing like working 16 days in a row...

im checking the labor laws, i think they owe me overtime.

:ninja:

I teach high school - NJROTC after retiring from the Navy - 22 1/2 years. I've been doing that for about 5 1/2 years and will retire from that in about 4 years from now. I can't see dealing with 14 year olds much past the age of 55 - I'll find something else to do then.

In my previous working life, I was a cryptologist in the Navy - interesting work, and more importantly, great people.

I think that when I'm done with teaching, I'd like to drive a bread truck or something, not too much stress, on the move all day and no higher order thinking; just load, drive, deliver and park it. No after hour calls, no programs to run, yea that's the ticket.

I'd be bored out of my mind just sitting, fishing, etc and I don't play golf - first few rounds that I ever played was in Scotland and I didn't like it very much. So that's out.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='bclion' date='Apr 1 2005, 08:57 PM']I teach high school - NJROTC after retiring from the Navy - 22 1/2 years. I've been doing that for about 5 1/2 years and will retire from that in about 4 years from now. I can't see dealing with 14 year olds much past the age of 55 - I'll find something else to do then.

In my previous working life, I was a cryptologist in the Navy - interesting work, and more importantly, great people.

I think that when I'm done with teaching, I'd like to drive a bread truck or something, not too much stress, on the move all day and no higher order thinking; just load, drive, deliver and park it. No after hour calls, no programs to run, yea that's the ticket.

I'd be bored out of my mind just sitting, fishing, etc and I don't play golf - first few rounds that I ever played was in Scotland and I didn't like it very much. So that's out.
[right][post="70799"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Build a hot rod?

That's what I plan on spending my time on when I retire (in about 40 years).

If I can afford to spend the money on it [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img]

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='bclion' date='Apr 1 2005, 08:57 PM']I teach high school - NJROTC after retiring from the Navy - 22 1/2 years. I've been doing that for about 5 1/2 years and will retire from that in about 4 years from now. I can't see dealing with 14 year olds much past the age of 55 - I'll find something else to do then.

[right][post="70799"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

travel my man... hell you have your retirerment check from the USN..
Go to Europe and travel.. Stay in each country for awhile and get to really know it. go to the small towns and backroad villages...
I did that some time back... Its intoxicating...

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Matt_Six' date='Apr 1 2005, 10:02 PM']I'm a sophomore Nursing student at Wright State University.

Gaylord Focker
[right][post="70848"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol:

Good field to get into though :)

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Boomer07' date='Apr 1 2005, 08:05 PM']Well, what do you WANT to be then?
[right][post="70773"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I'm planning on being an Aerospace Engineer. I've been taking assorted engineering programs at different colleges during the summer for a while now. Eventually, I want to be an astronaut for NASA.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Apr 1 2005, 10:06 PM']I'm planning on being an Aerospace Engineer. I've been taking assorted engineering programs at different colleges during the summer for a while now. Eventually, I want to be an astronaut for NASA.
[right][post="70850"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Just remember to take a Bengal banner with you into space ... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='walshfan' date='Apr 1 2005, 10:09 PM']Just remember to take a Bengal banner with you into space ... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]
[right][post="70854"][/post][/right][/quote]

You know it. :P

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Apr 1 2005, 10:06 PM']I'm planning on being an Aerospace Engineer. I've been taking assorted engineering programs at different colleges during the summer for a while now. Eventually, I want to be an astronaut for NASA.
[right][post="70850"][/post][/right][/quote]

Damn...If I could be 18 again, that would be exactly the route I would try to take.

As it is, I've been spending most of my spare time developing a Sci Fi RPG and writing about astronauts.

The book is nowhere near finished yet, but the early promotional blather is [url="http://www.mobiumrpg.net"]HERE[/url].

BZ

PS. That host server for the site seems VERY punky today. It may take a few seconds to load, and navigation is frustrating.

I have no idea why... :blink:

I am a pharmacy Tech. I spend my days processing prescriptions and lending my pen to sick people. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img]

I do have to work every other sunday though, which is a real pain come opening day.

[quote name='Jungle1' date='Apr 1 2005, 08:23 PM']Where did you go to school?  I graduated from OU.
[right][post="70758"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

UC. Mom worked there, so there was never really any question. Free tuition, and 15% off everything in the bookstore.

[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' date='Apr 1 2005, 02:53 PM']I work at Scotia Capital. Which is the investment banking arm of the Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS). Been 3 years now, before that, my first job out of university was for the Swiss who helped your Nazi's hide looted gold....UBS. :ninja:
[right][post="70641"][/post][/right][/quote]
Cool.
I have been working for 3 months now in Scotiabank Inverlat. (The mexican branch of BNS)
Im in credit structuring, Credits that top USD 10 Mil, have to go through my department to restructure them, translat them, and clean them up, because they go to a comitee in canada that sends back advice to the mexican branch.
Its been fairly good, even though there is not much room to grow, but Im learning alot on the job.
I want to attend an MBA in the US in the next 2 to 3 years.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Apr 1 2005, 03:40 PM']That`s my award. :P
[img]http://www.mulletshirts.com/i/mmmullet.jpg[/img]
[right][post="70634"][/post][/right][/quote]
My friend used to wear this shirt for good luck in football in 8th grade.

[quote name='KingStripes' date='Apr 3 2005, 11:47 PM']Cool.
I have been working for 3 months now in Scotiabank Inverlat. (The mexican branch of BNS)
Im in credit structuring, Credits that top USD 10 Mil, have to go through my department to restructure them, translat them, and clean them up, because they go to a comitee in canada that sends back advice to the mexican branch.
Its been fairly good, even though there is not much room to grow, but Im learning alot on the job.
I want to attend an MBA in the US in the next 2 to 3 years.
[right][post="71522"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hey nice! have you been upto Toronto yet? We've had a bunch of people from Inverlat Mexico come through the Toronto trading floor for orientations.

The plan is eventually to start swaps trading out of there.

Cool cool...another BNS employee and a bengals fan to boot!

[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' date='Apr 4 2005, 10:17 AM']Hey nice! have you been upto Toronto yet? We've had a bunch of people from Inverlat Mexico come through the Toronto trading floor for orientations.

The plan is eventually to start swaps trading out of there.

Cool cool...another BNS employee and a bengals fan to boot!
[right][post="71575"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
No I havent been to toronto (xept for vacations about 10 years ago). I just started out like 3 months ago, and the training is more for scotia capital people. Im in another area. I love that I found another person from BNS in a bengals forum, that is so cool.
I elaborate the 1035´s sent to toronto that are not in capital markets.
Nice to meet you!!

Archived