"RELIGULOUS"

BlackJesus

What is and what is not?

Black and White, Yes and No.

What is and what is not?

Here's what is . . . if the good christian marries, raises and supports a good family, goes to church and watches football on Sundays, pays his taxes, contributes to the good of the community, helps the downtrodden . . . lives a good christain life as it were... if upon his deathbed the good christian believes in his heart he's going to heaven, and the Karma is there . . . when he dies . . . he will.

I'd like to know something that is not . . . because as I see it there is no contradiction within any religion. It is people, who in their varying capacities , superimpose their beliefs, opinions, superstitions and ignorance upon the good works, and turn them into something they are not.

[quote name='The Scales' post='675039' date='Jun 24 2008, 03:01 PM']Here's what is . . . if the good christian marries, raises and supports a good family, goes to church and watches football on Sundays, pays his taxes, contributes to the good of the community, helps the downtrodden . . . lives a good christain life as it were... if upon his deathbed the good christian believes in his heart he's going to heaven, and the Karma is there . . . when he dies . . . he will.[/quote]

[b]Does this same Christian also vote for a war monger president and support the mass invasion, destruction, and genocide of hundreds of thousands of people ?

How's that effect his karma oh wise Buddha ?[/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='675093' date='Jun 24 2008, 06:59 PM'][b]Does this same Christian also vote for a war monger president and support the mass invasion, destruction, and genocide of hundreds of thousands of people ?

How's that effect his karma oh wise Buddha ?[/b][/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote name='The Scales' post='675039' date='Jun 24 2008, 03:01 PM']What is and what is not?

Black and White, Yes and No.

What is and what is not?

Here's what is . . . if the good christian marries, raises and supports a good family, goes to church and watches football on Sundays, pays his taxes, contributes to the good of the community, helps the downtrodden . . . lives a good christain life as it were... if upon his deathbed the good christian believes in his heart he's going to heaven, and the Karma is there . . . when he dies . . . he will.

I'd like to know something that is not . . . because as I see it there is no contradiction within any religion. It is people, who in their varying capacities , superimpose their beliefs, opinions, superstitions and ignorance upon the good works, and turn them into something they are not.[/quote]

What is:
[quote]I'll tell you whats really nonsense . . . this whole thing is nonsense. [color="#0000FF"]The solar system, the planets, the galaxies. Sand, Water, Fire, Air, Food, Television, personality. Cicadas[/color] are nonsense. [color="#0000FF"]Football[/color] is nonsense. The [color="#0000FF"]internet[/color] is nonsense. [color="#0000FF"]Life[/color] is Nonsense. Yet here [color="#0000FF"]it is[/color], and here we are trying to make sense of it.[/quote]

What is not:
[quote]Praying
[color="#FF0000"]Praying works??[/color], meditation works best.

[color="#FF0000"]Everlasting Life[/color]
Yes there's everlasting life, but does it apply to everyone, and what is it exactly that lives forever?

[color="#FF0000"]Resurrections[/color]
One could be ressurected upon physical death into a heaven, or a hell realm.
If we are discussing the state thought to be reality . . . then the body would have to be made functional enough to hold consciousness again, or have those requirements circumvented . . . not out of the question when dealing with qualities described as miracolous.

[color="#FF0000"]Demons[/color]
Are we talking the [b]red skinned, cloven hoof variety[/b], or are we talking about our personal demons like lust, greed, and anger?

[color="#FF0000"]Angels[/color]
Protectors, and guardians of the world system. [b][i]How is this so far fetched?[/i][/b][/quote]

How is that even plausible?

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='675093' date='Jun 24 2008, 05:59 PM'][b]Does this same Christian also vote for a war monger president and support the mass invasion, destruction, and genocide of hundreds of thousands of people ?
[/b][/quote]

I think about stuff like that all the time... I am Catholic. The Church is always quick to tell you to vote against gay rights, abortion, etc etc. I even saw a bumper sticker that really rubbed me the wrong way... it said "You cannot be Catholic and pro-choice". So you can be Catholic and be pro death penalty, or pro-war? Pretty convenient, eh? Why is abortion so much worse than war or execution? Killing is killing, I don't believe there are exceptions.

IMO, you cannot be Catholic and be affiliated with either party, if you want to hold true to your beliefs. It's part of why I do not vote... I would feel like a hypocrite if I did.

[quote name='Cat' post='675139' date='Jun 24 2008, 09:24 PM']Why is abortion so much worse than war or execution?[/quote]

[b]Because the right-wing loves tadpole-like protoplasmic goo more than humans.

Once you are born they could give 1 fuck whether you have healthcare, food, shelter, or even live. But when you are still in Mommys vagina you are "holy" i.e. "unborn".[/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='675093' date='Jun 24 2008, 05:59 PM'][b]Does this same Christian also vote for a war monger president and support the mass invasion, destruction, and genocide of hundreds of thousands of people ?

How's that effect his karma oh wise Buddha ?[/b][/quote]

Gautama Buddha was a cool cat. I am not Gautama Buddha.

I'd say that the ( Intention/motivation/guiding principle ) behind an action is the greatest variable for those who are bound by Karma.

Lets say that our good christian votes for Mr. Bush out of a sincere motivation to do what he thought best at the time...then it's live and learn.

If our good christian votes for Mr. Bush out of a motivation to witness mass invasion, the destruction of history, and the genocide of hundreds of thousands of people he would not be what I consider a good christian.

and...

If our good christian manifests such proclivity, then he lives his own hell.

Praying?

If you don't think it works, it wont. Just cause you prayed to have a new camaro, and you didn't get one, doesn't mean it don't work. This Praying stuff has to do with the Catch Phrase THE LAW OF ATTRACTION . . .
the entire thing is based on desire, the whole lot of it, everything . . . and like it or not . . . your actualy supposed to be happy . . .even though you have the freedom to be miserable. So . . . Desire . . . Yes . . . praying helps to manifest things because as has been said before . . .that to which a man thinks of again and again and holds in his mind, to that the world will bend and incline.

But meditation works better.

Everlasting Life?

What is it that is ever lasting? Are we refering to the ego, or some soul thing? Or What

Ressurections?

What the common run of man considers to be miraculous is but childs play for the accomplished Yogi.
In regards to christianity i see the Ressurection as a simple fact . . . consciousness takes repeated birth in varying states and realms. It ain't just jesus who was resurected, wi all are. Again the question goes back to WHAT IS Ressurected?

Demons?
Eh the Red hoofed variety... I personally haven't seen any . . . but I've seen some people who remind me of demons.

Angles?
These are those beings (whether they have a body or not) who out of their great compassion work within this world to ease the suffering. These are the Buddhas, the Bodhisattvas, the Jivan Muktas, the Rishis, The seers, the perfected ones, the saints, the Paramhansas, or any other name you'd like to give them. The great Bodhisattvas delay their emancipation from cyclic existence and repeatedly take birth at various times, in various places, to various families to point the way. again and again... they are the boatmen . . . they have the life rafts.
It's kinda like that scene in the first Matrix Movie . . . when Mr. Keanu Reeves breaks through the pod, pulls the thingy out of his throat, and gets shit canned down the garbage tube . . . the Bodhisattvas, or Angles would be the ones fishing him out of the waters.

All this may sound like the ravings of a madman, but that depends on the work YOU yourself have done.

Refrain from Harming.

Purify and still the mind.

Seek the highest wisdom.

And how to do all of that is contained in the Bible, Upanishads, the puranas, the Religious Epics, some esoteric knowledge, and the various vehicles and schools of Buddhism.

Without a guide it's tough sledding, though . . . you gotta ask someone, if it was me . . . I'd ask that.

[quote name='The Scales' post='675147' date='Jun 24 2008, 10:03 PM']Praying?

If you don't think it works, it wont.

Everlasting Life?

You didn't answer my question...what is it that is ever lasting?

[color="#FF0000"]Energy[/color]

Ressurections?

What the common run of man consider miraculous is but childs play for an accomplished Yogi.

Demons?
Eh the Red hoofed variety... I personally haven't seen any . . . but I've seen some people who remind me of demons.

Angles?
These are those beings who out of their great compassion work within this world to ease the suffering.[/quote]

I understand that you can define these any way you' d like. But I think you know where I'm coming whereas I know where you are. Our imagination is very powerful and very convincing. But convincing yourself that praying works does not mean it works. Convincing yourself that you will die and go to heaven does not mean there is a heaven.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='675141' date='Jun 24 2008, 09:28 PM'][b]Nothing like an "eye roll" to accompany a military invasion & occupation that has resulted in thousands of corpses. [/b][/quote]
The "eye roll" isn't accompanying any military invasion, or whatever, or "war mongering" president.

It is accompanying the bullshit you spew.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='675142' date='Jun 24 2008, 08:32 PM'][b]Because the right-wing loves tadpole-like protoplasmic goo more than humans.

Once you are born they could give 1 fuck whether you have healthcare, food, shelter, or even live. But when you are still in Mommys vagina you are "holy" i.e. "unborn".[/b][/quote]

wow, you are one heartless piece of shit sometimes... I have never seen someone distort positions as bad as you do... At least you don't distort your own position, which helps most people see right through you...

I haven't talked about it yet on here, but my wife is 6 1/2 months pregnant (yah for me :) ) and anyone that can feel and see the baby kicking my wifes stomach constantly, is a fucking retard... seriously...

i have always been pro life obviously, but that ain't no fucking "protoplasmic goo" that is kicking and growing in there...

[b]Don't skip over this post bj, as you usually do when someone calls you out and your dead wrong on something... and don't bring up the fucking war... is that some goo that is kicking in my wifes stomach or a life?[/b]

[quote name='The Scales' post='675146' date='Jun 24 2008, 08:44 PM']Gautama Buddha was a cool cat. I am not Gautama Buddha.

I'd say that the ( Intention/motivation/guiding principle ) behind an action is the greatest variable for those who are bound by Karma.

Lets say that our good christian votes for Mr. Bush out of a sincere motivation to do what he thought best at the time...then it's live and learn.

If our good christian votes for Mr. Bush out of a motivation to witness mass invasion, the destruction of history, and the genocide of hundreds of thousands of people he would not be what I consider a good christian.

and...

If our good christian manifests such proclivity, then he lives his own hell.[/quote]

well said.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='675279' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:20 PM']I haven't talked about it yet on here, but my wife is 6 1/2 months pregnant (yah for me :) ) and anyone that can feel and see the baby kicking my wifes stomach constantly, is a fucking retard... seriously...[/quote]
Congratulations, br! You'll be a great Dad.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='675279' date='Jun 25 2008, 12:20 PM']wow, you are one heartless piece of shit sometimes... I have never seen someone distort positions as bad as you do... At least you don't distort your own position, which helps most people see right through you...

I haven't talked about it yet on here, but my wife is 6 1/2 months pregnant (yah for me :) ) and [b]anyone that can feel and see the baby kicking my wifes stomach constantly, is a fucking retard... seriously... [/b]

i have always been pro life obviously, but that ain't no fucking "protoplasmic goo" that is kicking and growing in there...

[b]Don't skip over this post bj, as you usually do when someone calls you out and your dead wrong on something... and don't bring up the fucking war... is that some goo that is kicking in my wifes stomach or a life?[/b][/quote]

:huh: Uh, might want to rephrase that.

Also, note that abortions are typically not conducted in the 3rd trimester, unless it's a partial birth abortion, which is quite different from the normal procedure, practically and philosophically. And I do believe partial birth abortions should be banned.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='675279' date='Jun 25 2008, 12:20 PM']wow, you are one heartless piece of shit sometimes... I have never seen someone distort positions as bad as you do... At least you don't distort your own position, which helps most people see right through you...

I haven't talked about it yet on here, but my wife is 6 1/2 months pregnant (yah for me :) ) and [b]anyone that can feel and see the baby kicking my wifes stomach constantly, is a fucking retard... seriously... [/b]

i have always been pro life obviously, but that ain't no fucking "protoplasmic goo" that is kicking and growing in there...[/quote]

:huh: Uh, might want to rephrase that.

Also, note that abortions are typically not conducted in the 3rd trimester, unless it's a partial birth abortion, which is quite different from the normal procedure, practically and philosophically. And I do believe partial birth abortions should be banned.

I haven't talked about it yet on here, but my wife is 6 1/2 months pregnant (yah for me :) ) and anyone that can feel and see the baby kicking my wifes stomach constantly, is a fucking retard... seriously...

[b]Don't skip over this post bj, as you usually do when someone calls you out and your dead wrong on something... and don't bring up the fucking war... is that some goo that is kicking in my wifes stomach or a life?[/b][/quote]

Oh crap another republican is coming into the world? :P

Congrats Rick.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='675302' date='Jun 25 2008, 12:58 PM']:huh: Uh, might want to rephrase that.

Also, note that abortions are typically not conducted in the 3rd trimester, unless it's a partial birth abortion, which is quite different from the normal procedure, practically and philosophically. And I do believe partial birth abortions should be banned.[/quote]

i realize that, but when exactly does the "goo" turn into a child in the womb? Also, I know bj very well, and he has never came out against partial birth abortion that I know of...

as far as rephrasing it, you get what i mean, and i am by no means an english teacher... it does sound funny though after rereading it... oh well...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675310' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:15 PM']Oh crap another republican is coming into the world? :P

Congrats Rick.[/quote]

:) thanks

I am registered independant and consider myself libetarian/conservative... NOT republican!!! The two party system is mostly what is wrong w/ our politics... though calling myself conservative doesn't really help either, but i haven't shaven that off my MO yet...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='675334' date='Jun 25 2008, 01:47 PM']i realize that, but when exactly does the "goo" turn into a child in the womb? Also, I know bj very well, and [color="#FF0000"]he has never came out against partial birth abortion that I know of[/color]...

as far as rephrasing it, you get what i mean, and i am by no means an english teacher... it does sound funny though after rereading it... oh well...[/quote]

Im not sure that's right.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675347' date='Jun 25 2008, 02:28 PM']Im not sure that's right.[/quote]

He talks about abortion on this board a lot, and I cannot recall him ever denouncing or disagreeing with the practice... If he says that I am incorrect on this though, I will believe him...

That doesn't lessen his words or make him right on this matter though imo...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='675352' date='Jun 25 2008, 02:45 PM']He talks about abortion on this board a lot, and I cannot recall him ever denouncing or disagreeing with the practice... If he says that I am incorrect on this though, I will believe him...

That doesn't lessen his words or make him right on this matter though imo...[/quote]

Yeah Im faily certin he was/is against late term.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='675360' date='Jun 25 2008, 03:31 PM']Yeah Im faily certin he was/is against late term.[/quote]

i wish he were as visual and aggressive with the people that have partial birth abortions then...

Instead, he calls them goo until apparently they turn into babies around the third trimester...

as you can probably see, I don't see much of a distinction...

Archived