Beanie Wells for Heisman

JBandJoeyV

[center][img]http://www.collegesportspro.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/knowshon-moreno.jpg[/img][/center]

Should be a interesting race between the two, well and Tim T.

I think Knowshon Moreno has a much better chance of winning the Heisman.

As a Sophomore, Wells had 1609 Rushing Yards, 21 receiving yards, and 5 tds.
As a Freshman, Moreno had 1334 Rushing Yards, 253 Receiving yards, and 14 tds.

this was while he was splitting time with Thomas Brown, who had 779 rushing yards and 10 tds.
...and playing in a better conference.

+ LOL at his wiki page:
[quote]At the end of his freshman season, Knowshon Moreno was the unanimous SEC Freshman of the Year, as well as the featured tailback on the Freshman All-American first team, All-SEC first team, SEC All-Freshman team. Moreno was also the Sporting News' Freshman Offensive Player of the Year. He has also proved his versatility in life by making it in the Guinness Book of World Records for collecting all 150 pokemon via the red and blue versions in the fastest time (sixteen hours, seventeen minutes, and 32 seconds). He auditioned for The Blue Man Group but was denied entry upon the grounds of skin color. A lawsuit is soon to take place but many speculate it will not go through since blue people are the smallest ethnic group according to the 2007 census.[/quote]

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='676737' date='Jul 2 2008, 09:13 AM']Didn't know what I assume you're saying... so...

Saine in '10 B)[/quote]

Beanie said a month or 2 ago that he plans to come back for his senior year. I kind of doubt it, but we shall see.

[quote name='#22' post='676776' date='Jul 2 2008, 11:05 AM']I think Knowshon Moreno has a much better chance of winning the Heisman.

As a Sophomore, Wells had 1609 Rushing Yards, 21 receiving yards, and [b]5 tds[/b].
As a Freshman, Moreno had 1334 Rushing Yards, 253 Receiving yards, and 14 tds.

this was while he was splitting time with Thomas Brown, who had 779 rushing yards and 10 tds.
...and playing in a better conference.

+ LOL at his wiki page:[/quote]

Beanie had 15 TDs, not 5.

Moreno will be one of the Top candidates with Wells and Tebow.

• 1 month later...
[url="http://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog/index.ssf/2008/08/ohio_state_football_xrays_nega.html"]http://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog/index...xrays_nega.html[/url]

I'm reading it's something with his big toe on the right foot, damn I hope Beanie is ok.
I think I threw up when he went down, but it appears that his injury isn't as bad as it looked-hopefully

On a side note M is getting their asses kicked by Utah 25-10 in the 3rd.

[quote name='sigshoota' post='693404' date='Aug 30 2008, 05:41 PM']OK, a sprain on the top of the foot is what the "insiders" are saying. Anybody have any idea about the time to recover from this?[/quote]

not sure how the injuries compare, but Beanie played all of last season with a sprained ankle, and you know what he did last year.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='693303' date='Aug 30 2008, 04:47 PM']Whats not over?[/quote]

His season and/or his Heisman campaign.

[quote name='sigshoota' post='693404' date='Aug 30 2008, 06:41 PM']OK, a sprain on the top of the foot is what the "insiders" are saying. Anybody have any idea about the time to recover from this?[/quote]

From what I understand, the issue now is pain management. There is little risk of him further injuring himself if he plays, and with a cortizone shot he should be able.

Personally, I would hold him out against Ohio U (unless by some miracle he is fully healthy again) and save him for USC.

Yea Jason, that's pretty much what I'm hearing also. I think I would leave the decision to play or not up to Beanie, he knows his body and how he feels better than anybody, but I can certainly see him sitting this week just to be that much more ready for USC (who by the way moved up to #1 today, but only till week 3 :) )

Latest from the Columbus Dispatch:

[quote][b][size=3]Mom's injury report: It's Wells' toe[/size][/b]
She says running back plans on playing Saturday
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2008 3:22 AM
BY KEN GORDON
[b]THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH[/b]
Ohio State running back Chris "Beanie" Wells has a toe injury -- but not turf toe -- and has every intention of playing against Ohio University on Saturday.
So says Wells' mother, Paulette. That's about the clearest report yet on Wells' status, which isn't saying much.

Coach Jim Tressel spent a good portion of his news conference playing rope-a-dope with the media, avoiding definitive answers and claiming he had no idea what Wells' injury was.

"His foot's hurting," Tressel said.

Wells has not been made available to reporters since suffering the injury Saturday against Youngstown State. It appeared serious at first, based on how quickly Wells dropped to the ground, cried out and grabbed his right foot.

He has not practiced the past two days, but "he's feeling good, he's not down," his mom said.

Yesterday, Wells emerged from a meeting room in the team's practice facility and walked down a hallway without a noticeable limp. He held his protective boot in his hands, waving at reporters and smiling.

Tressel called him doubtful for Saturday's game, which comes a week before a showdown at Southern California. He said every time Wells has seen the trainers the past few days, "he seems better."

Paulette Wells said her son is "very optimistic" about playing Saturday.

"You know him," she said. "He doesn't want to sit for a week and be rusty (for USC)."

Beanie Wells' mind-set apparently will factor into the decision on whether he plays this week. The Buckeyes are 35-point favorites, and they likely don't need to risk rushing their star back.

The tailback trio of Dan Herron, Brandon Saine and Maurice Wells -- along with scrambling backup quarterback Terrelle Pryor -- could probably fare just fine against a Bobcats team that gave up 160 rushing yards to Wyoming in its opener.

But Tressel and some of Wells' teammates said if he's medically cleared to play, he should.

"Would we make a flat-out decision as to play or not play simply on what lies ahead a week from now? No," Tressel said. "Because you might if all of a sudden, the guy is dying to play and you don't let him play, there's a little seed of doubt in his mind, in others' minds, 'Oh, I wonder if '

"So if he's ready, he goes."

Linebacker Marcus Freeman said, "I would ask Beanie, 'How do you feel?' and if Beanie seriously felt that he could go out there and play, and he really wanted to play, I would let him."

On the other hand, Wells might want to make sure he's 100 percent for USC. That's the marquee nonconference game of the 2008 season, nationally televised in prime time.

Sitting out this week might be the wisest move.

"I'm sure that's probably something in the back of his mind," tight end Rory Nicol said. "I think any great player wants to compete against the best, and I'm sure there's nothing more Chris Wells would like to do than to run out on that field in L.A. and rip for 230 yards like he did up at Michigan (last year).

"That's the type of competitor he is -- he wants to be the best against the best."

[b]One thing now seems clear, at least -- [color="#FF0000"]this is not a severe injury. It's merely a question of whether to rest him for a week.[/color] That should calm the fears of Ohio State fans, who have appeared ready to fling themselves off a ledge for days.

"Tell them to worry more about (hurricanes) Gustav and Rita and those kinds of things," Tressel said. "[color="#FF0000"]Beanie's going to be fine[/color]."[/b][/quote]

Archived