Second Half Thread

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='699160' date='Sep 10 2008, 12:44 PM']woah what the hell happened? He just played lastnight.

And you definately have to like the way this team is playing right now. They're now a respectable 14-11 since the Dunn trade with back to back late inning wins.[/quote]

he broke his finger attempting to bunt. they are just going to shut him down. no point in playing thru it at this point.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='699081' date='Sep 10 2008, 10:23 AM']phillips is out for the rest of the year now. i hope it doestn dick him out of the gold glove which he DOMINATED for.[/quote]

He'll definitely get dicked over. And if Votto hits 6 more homeruns to finish out the season. He still wont get Rookie of the year. Over the cubs Catcher.

If Phillips didn't get it last year, the only difference this year might be the long errorless streak. Not that this is a good indicator of his play, but it is something dumb people seem to care about.

Anyway, I generally hate the awards. It always seems unfathomable to me that a group of supposed experts could as a whole become so fixated on the dumbest stats, like wins for the cy young award. Meanwhile, the gold glove lost all its value when Jeter won it, especially since Alex Gonzalez was in the same division at the time.

Reds have won 9 of their last 12!

And our putting the NAIL in the coffin of STL playoff hopes!

Harang threw a complete game shut-out last night.

+++ the brewers and the stros still have to play us. Who are both fighting for the last wildcard spot. Im sure their attitudes towards the reds have changed as of late.

Archived