Out of Staters

I am florida now and am wondering if and how it is possible to listen to the game on Sunday. I know the regular season games cannot be streamed through the internet but it is also true for pre-season.

How do you guys not in ohio hear/watch the games? Regular season I will find a bar, but I need some help

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='687738' date='Aug 15 2008, 10:45 PM']I am florida now and am wondering if and how it is possible to listen to the game on Sunday. I know the regular season games cannot be streamed through the internet but it is also true for pre-season.

How do you guys not in ohio hear/watch the games? Regular season I will find a bar, but I need some help[/quote]
in the gameday threads each week, oldschooler posts links for audio and video streaming. that's a good place to start.

that said, TvAnts (the video stream) didn't work worth a shit last week. i know you can order audio feeds from NFL.com, but i'm not sure what they cost. i used them a few years back, and it beat the crap out of nothing, that's for sure.

This site is what I use for audio.

[url="http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html#cin"]http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html#cin[/url]

The site I used to watch games, had to switch from SopCast to TV Ants.
I guess some people had a problem getting TV Ants to work. But I know it does work.
Might have to download VLC player though . . .

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='687738' date='Aug 15 2008, 08:45 AM']I am florida now and am wondering if and how it is possible to listen to the game on Sunday. I know the regular season games cannot be streamed through the internet but it is also true for pre-season.

How do you guys not in ohio hear/watch the games? Regular season I will find a bar, but I need some help[/quote]

I believe if you go to www.thegamelive.com you can find links to streaming radio of the game.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='687746' date='Aug 15 2008, 10:58 PM']This site is what I use for audio.

[url="http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html#cin"]http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html#cin[/url]

The site I used to watch games, had to switch from SopCast to TV Ants.
I guess some people had a problem getting TV Ants to work. But I know it does work.
Might have to download VLC player though . . .[/quote]
Did you use VLC on monday? or just espn?

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='687748' date='Aug 15 2008, 06:59 AM']Did you use VLC on monday? or just espn?[/quote]

ESPN.

It obviously works for some/most. That's why they keep posting links.
Sometimes it takes a little, or a lot of work to get it to stream though.

Here is what they have posted in their thread for games . . .

[b]Using VLC for SopCast streams[/b]
All SopCast streams can be viewed with VLC, but for some streams it is mandatory. VLC can also be a "quick fix" option worth trying if a stream buffers but won't load correctly.

To use VLC...
Download VLC at VideoLAN - Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS! and install it.
Start the SopCast stream and let it buffer.
VLC, go to Open Network Stream, select "HTTP" option, and type in 127.0.0.1:8902 (If port 8902 doesn't work, try 8912).
You MUST leave SopCast running; closing SopCast closes the stream.
You may need to mute the sound on SopCast so it doesn't bleed with the sound in VLC.
To make VLC a default external player on SopCast 2.0.4, visit this thread.
FOR TVU PLAYER YOU TYPE 127.0.0.1:8901 in the "HTTP" option

[b]Using Windows Vista? Can't click on a link and load it?[/b]
Right-click on the link and select "Copy".
Go to the SopCast address bar and paste the link.
OR, hover the mouse on the link, and the SopCast channel URL will appear in the browser status bar at the bottom of the URL. Type that URL into the SopCast address bar.

[b]Having issues viewing a TVAnts stream? Use VLC![/b]
* Download VLC at VideoLAN.org and install it.
* Turn on TVAnts. Right click on the streaming picture window, go to "Properties" and copy the .asf link you find.
* In VLC, go to "File" and open a network stream.
* In the HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS box, paste in the asf link.
* Click on "OK" and sit back and watch in VLC. Close the TVAnts picture window, but DO NOT close out of the TVAnts application, for this closes the stream.
* (Side note: The asf link will change for each stream. Usually the last number is what changes.)

[b]Still can't get TVAnts to work?[/b]
* Make sure you installed the connections patch, especially for Windows XP users, at: MyP2P.eu Software Overview
* Search at the TVAnts forum on MyP2P Forums
* Still can't find an answer? Start a thread in the TVAnts forum and ask for help.

Enjoy your day, and the games

[url="http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/25226-nfl-week-preseason-week-2-a.html"]http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/25226...n-week-2-a.html[/url]

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='687738' date='Aug 15 2008, 08:45 AM']I am florida now and am wondering if and how it is possible to listen to the game on Sunday. I know the regular season games cannot be streamed through the internet but it is also true for pre-season.

[b]Get Sirius Radio...I've had it for 5 years and think it's absolutely great. They briadcast every single NFL game as well as have an NFL channel that is awesome..all the hosts they have on their shows are very knowledgeable about football as many of them are former NFL players...[/b]

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='687764' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:43 PM']I tried to listen to the game on 1530 and just got fox sports radio, thanks for the links but will those stations actually air the game or will I get the same shit as last week.
[b]
Can someone provide a link for the video stream, thanks[/b][/quote]
again, it's in every gameday thread, thanks to oldschooler. if you'll look, you can't miss it.

getting it to work is another question entirely, unfortunately. ^_^

[quote name='Phish' post='687790' date='Aug 15 2008, 12:28 PM']Does direct tv play all the preseason games like they do for the regular season? If so, i could head to the bar to watch, but wasn't sure if they broadcast all the preseason games, anyone know?[/quote]

NFL Network replays games that aren't nationally broadcast. Other than that, no.

[quote name='Jason' post='687795' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:51 AM']NFL Network replays games that aren't nationally broadcast. Other than that, no.[/quote]

That's what i figured but wasn't sure, i knew that NFLN re-airs the games, sucks that direct tv doesnt include preseason for the sunday ticket

I watch everything on Sunday Ticket. Yeah, preseason, you have to watch them late, but it's just preseason.

BTW, going HD on 9/2/08, finally! Just in time for the season. Not sure how many of the games will be HD, but the ones that will be .. hell yeah! And DirecTV is installing my upgrade for free, dish and all. Well, I have to pay $99.99 for the DVR upgrade, that's it.

Archived