Gammons

bclion

I saw a prediction from Peter Gammons today that makes very little sense to me. He picks the Reds 5th in the NL Central. He picks, St. Louis (not much problem there - but anything can happen), Cubs 2nd (potential doesn't cut it, Lots of holes and rotation not as good as others), Astros 3rd (Lost a lot, they're old and definitely fragile), THE BREWERS 4th (what - out of his mind) and then the Reds 5th, followed by Pittsburgh 6th.

If he didn't talk about Boston too much before, he'll certainly do that now. I would love to check and see his analysis on the Reds and A's in 1990 - I'd bet that he didn't give the Reds a chance then either. I remember that Joe Morgan was one of the few that said the Reds would give them all that they would want because of team speed that year. I'd guess that Gammons predicted a sweep by Oakland, or at the least a 4-1 advantage for the A's.

I'd love for the Reds to shut up some of the these guys like Gammons. Generally, I like him and by all accounts, he is a very good guy in the game of baseball - but, the Brewers?

Guest BengalBacker
Peter Gammons is an asshole. Not because of this prediction. He's just an asshole. Never has known what the hell he's talking about.

I wonder how some of these guys get to the positions they hold. Assholes promoting them is my guess.

[quote name='bclion' date='Apr 5 2005, 09:58 PM']I saw a prediction from Peter Gammons today that makes very little sense to me. He picks the Reds 5th in the NL Central. He picks, St. Louis (not much problem there - but anything can happen), Cubs 2nd (potential doesn't cut it, Lots of holes and rotation not as good as others), Astros 3rd (Lost a lot, they're old and definitely fragile), THE BREWERS 4th (what - out of his mind) and then the Reds 5th, followed by Pittsburgh 6th.

If he didn't talk about Boston too much before, he'll certainly do that now. I would love to check and see his analysis on the Reds and A's in 1990 - I'd bet that he didn't give the Reds a chance then either. I remember that Joe Morgan was one of the few that said the Reds would give them all that they would want because of team speed that year. I'd guess that Gammons predicted a sweep by Oakland, or at the least a 4-1 advantage for the A's.

I'd love for the Reds to shut up some of the these guys like Gammons. Generally, I like him and by all accounts, he is a very good guy in the game of baseball - but, the Brewers?
[right][post="72148"][/post][/right][/quote]

The Washington post picked us 5th as well.... typical no nothings. ;)

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Pdub#1' date='Apr 6 2005, 06:15 PM']I like it. No one will expect us to be any good, they wouln't know what hit them after playing the Reds. With our offense alone how can Gammons rank the Reds 5th.
[right][post="72416"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Archived