!!! THE OFFICIAL SAINTS @ BENGALS PRESEASON GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='690831' date='Aug 23 2008, 10:01 PM']Apparently everyone is. I've never seen this board so dead after anything Bengals related happened on TV>[/quote]

I think it's safe to say that we all are here trying to stomach what just really happened, 3 games into the preseason and I have to honestly say... [b]I'm not impressed!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Just got home from a party and didn't TIVO it. 13-0 doesn't seem that bad a score. I expect our d to struggle a little since it is basically new so 13 to a pretty potent offense isn't so bad. Also removing two pro bowlers from your offense had about the result I would expect except. Only problem is it sounds like Palmer didn't have time to throw which was a big concern of mine (one I didn't have 2 weeks ago).

Kinda glad I missed it. 13-0 could be a bad baseball score.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='690762' date='Aug 23 2008, 08:02 PM']BENGALS OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOK

1st and 10
Hand off and run the back right up behind the pile of people that aren't moving. Lose 2-3 yards.

2nd and 13
Screen pass have receiver run to the edge of the field with nowhere to cut up field. Lose 2-3 yards.

3rd and 16
Send WR's and TE waiting 5 yards short of the first down with defenders all around them and nowhere to go.

PUNT[/quote]

You have this completely wrong on 1st and 2nd down. We usually do something dumb on 1st down like a reverse, screen, or something of that nature. 2nd and long is a guaranteed run down. If we run on 2nd and long every down this season (like last season) it will be a terrible year and Brat should be fired. Not going to get worked up over a preaseason game, but...... the 2nd down calls look a lot like they did last year.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='690840' date='Aug 23 2008, 11:27 PM']I sat next to Backer in the south endzone and sadly, I have nothing good to report. It was awful, so bad that I had to get my shine on with the married women in front of us...and I'm married...and that was the only fun in that experience...
At least BB broke out of his shell and hit on the married chicks too...
:lol:[/quote]

Is that what you were trying to do with those.....ummm.... women? :huh:

If I had been trying to hit on them, you all would have seen us on the jumbotron.

:1hump:

^_^

[quote name='Spinylumpsucker' post='690804' date='Aug 23 2008, 09:10 PM']No offense, but that doesn't help me much. Jeb seems to think the problems are with Stacy. Anyone else agree?[/quote]

No offense Spiny but I wasn't posting to you and your evaluation of what I wrote is a warped interpretation.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='690923' date='Aug 24 2008, 01:05 AM']Is that what you were trying to do with those.....ummm.... women? :huh:

If I had been trying to hit on them, you all would have seen us on the jumbotron.

:1hump:

^_^[/quote]
Thanks again for the good time, BB. I had fun in spite of the game's outcome. I really appreciated it.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='691045' date='Aug 24 2008, 01:34 PM']Thanks again for the good time, BB. I had fun in spite of the game's outcome. I really appreciated it.[/quote]

No problem. Too bad the hot chick two seats down wasn't there. Suckass games are easier to tolerate when she's bouncing around. ^_^

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='691050' date='Aug 24 2008, 12:47 PM']No problem. Too bad the hot chick two seats down wasn't there. Suckass games are easier to tolerate when she's bouncing around. ^_^[/quote]
No doubt. And when all else fails, make sweet talk while drinking with the ugly married women with their teenaged son in front of you...

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='690753' date='Aug 23 2008, 07:57 PM']Bloody nose. No proof whatsoever that it's broken at this point. I highly doubt it.
MULLY[/quote]

[quote]Palmer breaks nose
Posted by MarkCurnutte at 8/24/2008 2:14 PM EDT on Cincinnati.com

Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer has a broken nose.

Palmer, who sustained a bloody nose and cut lip Saturday night when sacked in the loss to New Orleans, had a little bit more wrong with him than the Bengals first released.

This afternoon, the Bengals said Palmer had a procedure done to align a cracked bone in his nose and would be listed as questionable (50-50 chance he'd play) Thursday night at Indianapolis in the preseason finale. Look for Ryan Fitzpatrick to start at quarterback.

Coach Marvin Lewis said Palmer is not even listed on the injury report for the regular season opener Sept. 7 at Baltimore. In other words, Palmer will start against the Ravens two weeks from today.

"Carson is feeling fine," Lewis said in a statement released by the club. "He suffered a small crack in one of the nose bones. The bone was gently put back into place this morning under local anesthetic."

The Bengals medical staff reported that the procedure took less than 10 minutes.

Palmer was sacked three times by the Saints and once by the Lions in the previous preseason game. Detroit defenders also hit him four other times when he dropped back to pass.

Palmer left the field a few seconds before the first half ended Saturday night. He had a towel over his head and was bleeding from his nose and mouth when he walked down the Bengals sideline toward the locker room.

He was supposed to play the first series of the third quarter, Lewis said.[/quote]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='690840' date='Aug 23 2008, 11:27 PM'][b]I sat next to Backer [/b]in the south endzone and sadly, I have nothing good to report. [b]It was awful[/b]...[/quote]

...sitting next to Backer can't be that bad, can it??? :huh:

-_-

[quote name='Cricket' post='691287' date='Aug 25 2008, 11:49 AM']...sitting next to Backer can't be that bad, can it??? :huh:

-_-[/quote]
He's a little old and smelly, but other than that it was OK.
(You know how sometimes Grandpa forgets to take his shower, right?)

:lol:

Archived