Scout's Inc Player Ratings

oftt4

Its good to see someone watches these games before writing their little blurbs. (since its obvious you dont oftt)

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings[/url]

[quote]27 Bengals 0-1 3 24/27 Enough about Ocho Cinco, what happened to Numero Nueve? Carson Palmer struggled in a big way against a revived Ravens defense, [b]but it was Cincy's offensive line that let Baltimore pester Palmer repeatedly.[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='699099' date='Sep 10 2008, 10:57 AM']Its good to see someone watches these games before writing their little blurbs. (since its obvious you dont oftt)

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings[/url][/quote]

I am aware that the Bengal's line is no good.

Are you aware that the Steelers line was just as bad, if not worse, last season?

[quote name='oftt4' post='699104' date='Sep 10 2008, 11:07 AM']I am aware that the Bengal's line is no good.

Are you aware that the Steelers line was just as bad, if not worse, last season?[/quote]

Its like were going in circles.

Ben can scramble better than Carson can and thus extend plays that Carson cant, which is why the line play is more important for us than it is for you.

Damn is it really that difficult a concept?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='699106' date='Sep 10 2008, 11:09 AM']Its like were going in circles.

Ben can scramble better than Carson can and thus extend plays that Carson cant, which is why the line play is more important for us than it is for you.

Damn is it really that difficult a concept?[/quote]

Ben is a better QB. That isnt hard to comprehend at all.

:D

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='698246' date='Sep 8 2008, 12:32 PM'][b]Haven't[/b] we had the discussion that I conceded that Ben is a better scrambler than [b]C[/b]arson?... [b]N[/b]ot remembering that only validates my point [b]regarding[/b] your [b]intelligence[/b].[/quote]

[img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/funny-pictures-cat-proofreads-your-essays.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='699402' date='Sep 10 2008, 10:51 PM'][img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/funny-pictures-cat-proofreads-your-essays.jpg[/img][/quote]

[img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-cat-dictionary-cheezburger.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='701549' date='Sep 15 2008, 04:23 PM']Your right that is all, all you can say because you really didn watch the game and thus cant make an educated statement on it.[/quote]

Well, from what I read via the press and on here, the O-line protected him pretty well. He just didnt execute. Is that how you saw it?

And actually, I have Sunday ticket. I did watch some of the game. I saw when that field goal attempt got pulled by the wind. That would suck.

Anyway, I thought that your original argument was that Palmer can carry a team and that is what makes him better. I could probably dig up two or three hundred quotes that say as much if you like.

[quote name='oftt4' post='701662' date='Sep 16 2008, 06:06 AM']Well, from what I read via the press and on here, the O-line protected him pretty well. He just didnt execute. Is that how you saw it?

And actually, I have Sunday ticket. I did watch some of the game. I saw when that field goal attempt got pulled by the wind. That would suck.

Anyway, I thought that your original argument was that Palmer can carry a team and that is what makes him better. I could probably dig up two or three hundred quotes that say as much if you like.[/quote]

Yes the wind made it hard to get the passing game going for the deep ball and we lost Utecht pretty early so the short passing game plan wasnt as effective as is could have been.

No QB that cant scramble, and Palmer isnt that great at it (he can just not very well), isnt goint to do much, its the same with the running game. The oline played better than last week but that really isnt saying much concidering how bad they played in week 1 (makes me wonder how much having willie giving them the plays helped them), really they only played well on one drive imo, and on that drive we scored, because if you go looking through the play by plays youll see passes were getting caught and runs were working.

It really comes down to the oline doing their job for Palmer and the Perry to be able to do theirs.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='701861' date='Sep 16 2008, 07:16 PM']You just dont get it, and sadly never will.[/quote]

LOL

Oh, I get it. And eventually, you'll get it too.

So are we going to have our Steelers-Bengals game bet this season? We can do it against the spread if it makes you more comfortable.

[quote name='oftt4' post='701913' date='Sep 17 2008, 06:06 AM']LOL

Oh, I get it. And eventually, you'll get it too.

So are we going to have our Steelers-Bengals game bet this season? We can do it against the spread if it makes you more comfortable.[/quote]

No you really dont. and thus far ill pass, as the oline is playing horrible and i have no faith they are going to fix that.

[quote]“Before you name the receivers, before you even name the quarterback, it all starts with that offensive line,” Johnson said. “It don’t start with us at all. I think it starts with the offensive line. It’s going to have a trickle effect. When they’re playing well, Carson’s going to play well, and it means us on the outside, we’re going to play well. Because if it doesn’t start with them, the rest of us really don’t matter.”[/quote]

:wave:

In fairness to the Bengals, Carson, and their fans the Bengals line sucks this year. That being said, the Steelers line was WORSE the last two years... Ben has been sacked more than any other quarterback in the league the last two years. Now people are gonna say some of that is due to Ben holding the ball too long, which on certain plays was true. However there were also sacks that he avoided with his mobility, so it balances out in the end. But I digress. I don't care how much star power you got, you only go as far as your O-line. I'm not completely sold on our O-line yet. This week will go a long way to tell how good they really are against the blitz-happy Eagles

[quote name='frankie martin' post='702357' date='Sep 18 2008, 10:57 AM']In fairness to the Bengals, Carson, and their fans the Bengals line sucks this year. That being said, the Steelers line was WORSE the last two years... Ben has been sacked more than any other quarterback in the league the last two years. Now people are gonna say some of that is due to Ben holding the ball too long, which on certain plays was true. However there were also sacks that he avoided with his mobility, so it balances out in the end. But I digress. I don't care how much star power you got, you only go as far as your O-line. I'm not completely sold on our O-line yet. This week will go a long way to tell how good they really are against the blitz-happy Eagles[/quote]

Thanks Frankie, offt knows this too he's just being stupid and trying to get me to say Ben > Carson (which isnt going to happen). Difference also is Ben is a bit more mobile than Carson so he can extend plays that Carson maybe couldnt.

Archived