!!! THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ COLTS PRESEASON GAME THREAD !!!, LET'S DOMINATE THE DOLTS !!!

[quote name='Ochosucko' post='692531' date='Aug 28 2008, 08:28 PM']So I just heard Eric Henderson was in the back field and now he rough the passer but man he is getting some pressure. Anyone think he makes the team? I do. Drop Thornton and role with Peko, Myers, Shirley, and Burton.[/quote]

the roughing the passer was a little ticky tack. It's only been one game, but Henderson's doing as much as possible to make the team. He's even been playing well at DT (at only 255lbs).

And I'll tell you what, Shirley is looking very good. I know its against backups, but he continues to improve every week and may have just landed a spot on the roster. He's got at least 5 tackles and 2 sacks.

i guess you didn't see behind that sarcasm, but simposn hasn't done shit to show me he's worth picking instead of the other big name guys that was available at that spot. and talking bout smoking some fondue, you should try it. im in your neighborhood now :wave:

but james johnson, is impressing me bug time.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='692546' date='Aug 28 2008, 08:46 PM']i guess you didn't see behind that sarcasm, but simposn hasn't done shit to show me he's worth picking instead of the other big name guys that was available at that spot. and talking bout smoking some fondue, you should try it. im in your neighborhood now :wave:[/quote]

you haven't been watching the games then.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='692546' date='Aug 28 2008, 08:47 PM']i guess you didn't see behind that sarcasm, but simposn hasn't done shit to show me he's worth picking instead of the other big name guys that was available at that spot. and talking bout smoking some fondue, you should try it. im in your neighborhood now :wave:

but james johnson, is impressing me bug time.[/quote]

Sweed:
8 receptions, 60 yards this preseason

Kelly:
Knee Surgery, no playing until supposedly today, still zero stats

Simpson:
13 for 157

If we're going by "show me in the preseason what you're worth", the other WRs are failing way worse dude.

[quote name='The Scales' post='692530' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:27 PM']Will this game will be replayed on NFL network?[/quote]

Saturday at 11am, I think. The original schedule was to be at 2:30, but my on screen guide says 11.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='692549' date='Aug 28 2008, 08:50 PM']dude....he's got 2 catches for 13 yards!!!! hello, are u watching the game ?[/quote]

yes, splat's post sums everything up pretty nicely. If you haven't seen the flashes that Simpson has shown (the bengals drafted him knowing they'd have to develop those flashes into a consistent presence) then I can't help you. We have 2 pro bowl WR's on the team. We didn't draft a guy who would come in right away and catch 50 balls. We took the guy who has more athletic talent and a higher ceiling.

I just can't imagine that after the injuries last year, and after having not played a snap in the preseason this year due to injury that Rudi would have any trade value at all. Certainly not enough to get us a WR that will be good enough to be 3rd on this roster. Unless he's 3rd because Chad and/or TJ can't play.

[quote name='Jason' post='692568' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:56 PM']I just can't imagine that after the injuries last year, and after having not played a snap in the preseason this year due to injury that Rudi would have any trade value at all. Certainly not enough to get us a WR that will be good enough to be 3rd on this roster. Unless he's 3rd because Chad and/or TJ can't play.[/quote]
Rudi isn't worth anything unless bundled with picks. I don't want us to do that.

[quote name='Splat' post='692550' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:51 PM']Sweed:

Kelly:

Simpson:
13 for 157

If we're going by "show me in the preseason what you're worth", the other WRs are failing way worse dude.[/quote]

Bengals knew before the draft about his knee problems. All three were heavliy looked at by the Bengals. I definitely think they made the right choice. Simpson was definitely the more long-term development player. But he has a much higher upside.

[quote name='Montecore' post='692567' date='Aug 28 2008, 10:51 PM']Rudi Johnson for Maurice Mann!
Make it so!

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Please tell me you are joking.....

Coming from a Skins fan, this wouldn't make any sense. The Skins have two RB's as it is, and Marcus Mason has a good chance of making the final 53 (he was on the practice squad last year and has done some damage this pre-season).

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='692386' date='Aug 28 2008, 03:08 PM']f:

Old...are you staying up north? I know in the midst of all of the turbulence you dealt with this year you had mentioned moving back to the Cincinnati area. Just curious.[/quote]

Yes, unfortunately, I am staying right here for awhile.
Believe me, I am not happy about it.

But we are moving into a house that has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
So that will help ease the pain (for now).

[quote name='Splat' post='692550' date='Aug 28 2008, 08:51 PM']Sweed:

Kelly:

Simpson:
13 for 157

If we're going by "show me in the preseason what you're worth", the other WRs are failing way worse dude.[/quote]

Is there a reason you are not mentioning DeSean Jackson (16 for 189) or Dexter Jackson (3 for 28)?

I am still a fan of the Simpson pick. Long term, I think he will be really good. Although if the point of your post is to compare him the other WR's that were available at this time, shouldn't a few others be mentioned?

[quote name='whodey1971' post='692701' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:26 AM']Is there a reason you are not mentioning DeSean Jackson (16 for 189) or Dexter Jackson (3 for 28)?

I am still a fan of the Simpson pick. Long term, I think he will be really good. Although if the point of your post is to compare him the other WR's that were available at this time, shouldn't a few others be mentioned?[/quote]

they definately bear mentioning, though in DeSean Jackson's case, he's played a lot more snaps than Simpson. The Eagles had him play almost the entire 2nd (I think it was that one) preseason game, just to try and get him some work. They are hoping he can step up and be a #2 this year, where really we were just looking for a #3 tops. So we could afford to take a guy who may not be as ready now, but has a much higher ceiling.

Archived