Sarah Palin to be McCain's VP Candidate

Chris Henrys Dealer

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='692873' date='Aug 29 2008, 05:30 PM']FIXED!

I dunno man, do you want to go to war with Iran or not? If so, pull the lever for the crotchety old man.[/quote]

Nailed it, its not so much anti-republian as it is anti-neo-con.

By the way, if you don't like the Palin nomination, then you are sexists. :P

I actually like her lack of experience in Washington. Fresh air. Maybe she's not bought out yet?

And after reading a bit about her, I like her. McCain may have won my vote, but I'm not convinced yet. Still writing myself in.

[quote name='steggyD' post='692986' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:25 PM']Women, even though many of them claim to be "pro-choice", when asked, will say they would never do it themselves. At least many of the women I have talked to. And this was a group of women who just finished talking about how great Obama is and how his pick for VP was the best choice ever. Hypocrite?

Neocon? You think this group of dems aren't neocons? Ha! I laugh. Biden is part of the Foreign Relations Committee and has a record against the second ammendment.

Besides, look it up. Biden is a Steelers fan ...[/quote]

Hypocritical? Not at all. They are simply exercising the choice they advocate. This is what's so retarded about debate over abortions - if people think it is 'ungodly' or are otherwise opposed to it for personal reasons, they're more than welcome to not do it!

No one is thrilled by abortions - even the women who resort to them do so only as a last resort. I personally find abortion distasteful, so I don't engage in behaviors that would put my special ladyfriend in that position. I still whole-heartedly support a woman's right to choose, however.

And you are indeed onto something: our 'crazy liberal' democrats would be labeled 'conservative' in any other country, save Saudi Arabia and the "Islamic Republics."

- It brings some of the Hillary voters that might have been voting primarily because of her sex... The poll on channel 12 said that something like 70% of the tri-state area liked the pick, and Ohio is damn important. There are 18 million voters that voted Hillary... If they are only voting b/c of policy, mccain had no chance from the start... This will take at least some of that.

- Unites the conservative base, a huge weakness of McCain

- Dude, she's hot as hell

- I truly truly want the debate about her being too inexperienced... The new McCain motto will turn into "Pot, meet kettle" I mean seriously, she has more executive experience, which is what the president needs... Not some damn post on the Foreign relations committee that he never shows up to any way because he's been campaigning for half of his 4 years as a legislator... He has ZERO executive experience... And he is running for the top spot, not the VP... PLEASE PLEASE say that she is too inexperienced...

- All day, the top story was the VP pick and it kicks off the swing in momentum (hopefully) for the RNC...

I really don't know shit about her, so this could all totally backfire... But i see where he was going... He better be right though...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='693006' date='Aug 30 2008, 01:13 AM']- I truly truly want the debate about her being too inexperienced... The new McCain motto will turn into "Pot, meet kettle" I mean seriously, she has more executive experience, which is what the president needs... Not some damn post on the Foreign relations committee that he never shows up to any way because he's been campaigning for half of his 4 years as a legislator... He has ZERO executive experience... And he is running for the top spot, not the VP... PLEASE PLEASE say that she is too inexperienced...[/quote]
Executive experience? Please tell me you are joking. She was the mayor of a city with 17k people in it, and spent 1 year as governor of the 47th largest state by population in the country. You would govern more people being the mayor of cities such as Jacksonville, Indy, San Jose, or Atlanta. Youve gotta be kidding me if you think what she did counts as any type of experience. There are literally thousands of people who have more experience than her. Anyone who thinks she was picked for this for any reason other than her being a woman has their head in the sand. This is such a wreckless, desperate move by McBush that is really spits in the face of the country he says he loves. This is the first president in a long time that will go into office with a very real chance of dying there, and he picks someone to succeed him that would be in so far over her head. This is very destructive what hes doing, and i hope the majority are smart enough to see through this obvious ploy.

[quote name='steggyD' post='692986' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:25 PM']Women, even though many of them claim to be "pro-choice", when asked, will say they would never do it themselves. At least many of the women I have talked to. And this was a group of women who just finished talking about how great Obama is and how his pick for VP was the best choice ever. Hypocrite?

Neocon? You think this group of dems aren't neocons? Ha! I laugh. Biden is part of the Foreign Relations Committee and has a record against the second ammendment.[/quote]
Do you have any idea what pro CHOICE is? They support the womans right to choose whether or not they want to have an abortion, but they dont want to do it themselves. Plenty of people who are for gun ownership dont own guns, you going to call them hypocrites too?

And look up what a neocon is. Most of the current set of dems suck but they arent neocons.

OBAMA HAS ZERO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE. Absolutely none... I'd rather have a VP lacking on experience than the president... Maybe its just me...

And yes, running even a small state is considered experience... If you run a small business, does that not count as experience of running a business?

What puzzles me (in an unsurprising way) is that this choice appears to be a purely political one. If you read my other lengthy post, it fits the category of "business as usual." And it is a pretty extreme example at that. I'm wondering whether McCain and his advisors have spent so much time navigating between political trees in the electoral glade--one at a time--that they might have forgotten they are in a much larger geo-political forest in which getting elected represents only a small part of the governing process. But, for the Repubs, hasn't that been the problem in recent years? They don't appear to give much thought about governing, itself.

My other thought about this choice forces me to another provisional hypothesis. It's pretty clear that GWB was selected to run in 2000 for both his "electability" (family-heritage and connections) and his malleability. His "profile" is such that he is pretty easily moved into positions chosen for him by his advisors. The result has been eight years of "Supermarket Sweepstakes" in which the "winners" have run around the store filling their baskets with as much stuff as they can cram into them. With the current two selections being equally or even more dependent upon their advisors, I'd suggest that the prospect of a "Maverick" administration offers more of the same.

Of course, the problem is, there's not much more left on the shelves, so we may have to invade the supermarkets of a few neighbors to satisfy the mentality of that power base.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='692985' date='Aug 29 2008, 11:21 PM'][b]Wong[/b], while it isnt as much as McCain or Biden. Obama is on the senate's foriegn relations commitee.[/quote]
Are you implying I'm Chinese?
Obama's recent reaction to the invasion of Georgia and his comments about Iran indicate that while he may be on the committee, he hasn't been paying attention at the meetings.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='693031' date='Aug 30 2008, 08:37 AM']Are you implying I'm Chinese?
Obama's recent reaction to the invasion of Georgia and his comments about Iran indicate that while he may be on the committee, he hasn't been paying attention at the meetings.[/quote]
[i]Au contraire, mon ami[/i]. He buys into the Great Game, just from the Brzezinski perspective and not the Kissinger-clone side. He wouldn't be allowed on the Presidential menu otherwise.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='693000' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:33 AM']What's your definition of a neo-con?[/quote]

[b]MY[/b] definition is those that would lie to us about their intentions for war for the use of keeping the econamy afloat rather than doing what need to be done at home (like fix some of these tax loopoles) and use terms that make americans feel good about that said war like "we'll be welcomed as liberators" ect...ect.. when those who are really paying attetion know better.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='693025' date='Aug 30 2008, 07:17 AM']OBAMA HAS ZERO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE. Absolutely none... I'd rather have a VP lacking on experience than the president... Maybe its just me...

And yes, running even a small state is considered experience... If you run a small business, does that not count as experience of running a business?[/quote]

<psst rick>McCain has zero executive experience as well, he's only ever been a senator</end whisper>

Seriously in a time where we need to be fixing the dammage done by invading Iraq regurding our relationships with the larger members of Nato, who during desert storm fought alongside us, rather than do more dammage by electing someone who agrees with 90% of what bush does. If McCain was younger and hadnt had his issues with cancer, I really woulnt have much issue with this pick, but he should have picked someone that had much more forigen policy experience in a time in our history where that is critical. It's a poor choice.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='693051' date='Aug 30 2008, 09:03 AM']Looking for the "Pander Quotient"? Nothing against this gal, but ask yourself, would a male with the same background have been considered for the second slot?[/quote]

I was going to say that in my previous post, that it was a pandering choice, but decided against it.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='693051' date='Aug 30 2008, 09:03 AM']Looking for the "Pander Quotient"? Nothing against this gal, but ask yourself, would a male with the same background have been considered for the second slot?[/quote]
Yeah, I think so. I like to think that the "maverick" anti-corruption values that she stands for means a great deal. Otherwise McCain would have picked Romney, Pawlenty, or even Kay Bailey Hutchison. The fact that she's a woman was a bonus. I'm not so naive to think that gender didn't play a factor, but I like to think it wasn't the primary factor. You can believe what you want. There's good arguments to either perspective.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='693069' date='Aug 30 2008, 09:47 AM']Yeah, I think so. I like to think that the "maverick" anti-corruption values that she stands for means a great deal. Otherwise McCain would have picked Romney, Pawlenty, or even Kay Bailey Hutchison. The fact that she's a woman was a bonus. I'm not so naive to think that gender didn't play a factor, but I like to think it wasn't the primary factor. You can believe what you want. There's good arguments to either perspective.[/quote]

pandering to women, pandering to conservitives.... take your pick

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='693071' date='Aug 30 2008, 10:00 AM']pandering to women, pandering to conservitives.... take your pick[/quote]
I'll take pandering to conservatives, please. And a side of fries.
John McCain's legacy has pretty much been pandering to one group or another. I'm just glad he finally decided to pander to my side for a change.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='693000' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:33 AM']What's your definition of a neo-con?[/quote]

The current powers that be of the Republican Party.

We're going to assert our dominance in the Middle East, we're going to assert our dominance against Russia, we're going to pander to big business and oh yea, spend a whole fucking lot of money we don't have.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='693069' date='Aug 30 2008, 10:47 AM']Yeah, I think so. I like to think that the "maverick" [b]anti-corruption values that she stands for means a great deal.[/b] Otherwise McCain would have picked Romney, Pawlenty, or even Kay Bailey Hutchison. The fact that she's a woman was a bonus. I'm not so naive to think that gender didn't play a factor, but I like to think it wasn't the primary factor. You can believe what you want. There's good arguments to either perspective.[/quote]
Alaska? She's anti-corruption? That's why she was chosen? I think I will believe what I want. :lol:

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='693090' date='Aug 30 2008, 12:45 PM']The current powers that be of the Republican Party.

We're going to assert our dominance in the Middle East, we're going to assert our dominance against Russia, we're going to pander to big business and oh yea, spend a whole fucking lot of money we don't have.[/quote]

Nice.

I just think it's funny seeing everyone argue who has more experience. They both fucking suck. Neither candidate has a good foreign policy, the one thing they have the most influence on. We're so fucked with our deficit and neither party is going to do a science damn thing to fix it.

No talk about monetary policy, inflation, federal reserve, war on drugs, or even the preservation of the Constitution. My American sheeple, as Ludwig would call it, you disappoint me.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='693092' date='Aug 30 2008, 11:50 AM']Alaska? She's anti-corruption? That's why she was chosen? I think I will believe what I want. :lol:[/quote]

Of course it's because she's anti-corruption, Homer - she's a regular Eliot Ness!

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='693069' date='Aug 30 2008, 09:47 AM']Yeah, I think so. I like to think that the "maverick" anti-corruption values that she stands for means a great deal. Otherwise McCain would have picked Romney, Pawlenty, or even Kay Bailey Hutchison. The fact that she's a woman was a bonus. I'm not so naive to think that gender didn't play a factor, but I like to think it wasn't the primary factor. You can believe what you want. There's good arguments to either perspective.[/quote]
Shes anti corruption? She fired someone for not firing the man who divorced her sister. Shes under investigation for it right now. If that isnt corruption I dont know what is.

[url="http://www.ickypeople.com/2008/08/palin-brother-in-law-scandal-grows.html"]http://www.ickypeople.com/2008/08/palin-br...ndal-grows.html[/url]
[url="http://www.aksuperstation.com/news/26967749.html"]http://www.aksuperstation.com/news/26967749.html[/url]

The guy she replaced him with was a sexual harasser. So she clearly didnt bother checking his background. Says something about her "executive" skills.

[url="http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/08/palin-appointed.html"]http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_...-appointed.html[/url]

Archived