"Real Man of Genius"

BlackJesus

While they are not as filthy rich as the McCains, Obama himself is a millionaire too. Last I had read, Obama was worth in the nieghborhood of 7.1 million dollars, so it's not like he's got his finger on the pulse of middle class America himself.

And really, who cares if the McCains have seven houses? Is it a bad thing to buy things that appreciate in value? As for him not knowing how many he had, I know two rich folks personally who have no idea how many properties they own, without having to look it up first. They buy and sell real estate all the time, so the number is constantly changing.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='695883' date='Sep 5 2008, 04:00 PM']While they are not as filthy rich as the McCains, Obama himself is a millionaire too. Last I had read, Obama was worth in the nieghborhood of 7.1 million dollars, so it's not like he's got his finger on the pulse of middle class America himself.[/quote]

[url="http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/09/michelle-obama-baracks-book-sales-paid-off-our-student-loans/"]http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/09/mi...-student-loans/[/url]

He only recently became wealthy from his books.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='695890' date='Sep 5 2008, 05:24 PM'][url="http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/09/michelle-obama-baracks-book-sales-paid-off-our-student-loans/"]http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/09/mi...-student-loans/[/url]

He only recently became wealthy from his books.[/quote]

He should have married into wealth. :) Funny thing about student loans is that the biggest defaulters are often rich people who don't need or care about credit. That has little to do with this conversation, but I found it to be an interesting fact.

Oh, and I still think worrying about McCain having seven houses is making a mountain out of an ant hill. There are much bigger issues to be concerned with (this goes for both candidates). They're both wealthier than the average American (by far), so it's silly for the Dems to keep bringing McCain's wealth up. In fact, I think both parties are taking the irrelevant rhetoric to an all time stupid level. I say bring on the debates, I'm tired of the telepromted and practiced speeches.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='695917' date='Sep 5 2008, 07:30 PM']The fact that McCain is so rich tells me he must be doing something right....[/quote]

[b]Almost sounds like you subscribe to the morally bankrupt "prosperity doctrine" :hmm:

I also wonder if you said the same thing about John Kerry ... who through marriage as well, was even wealthier. :hmm: [/b]

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='696273' date='Sep 7 2008, 07:42 AM']When a poor or middle class person runs for for president, be sure to let me know.[/quote]

I will run for president when I am 35, save up your votes.

PS I am poor.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='696273' date='Sep 7 2008, 08:42 AM']When a poor or middle class person runs for for president, be sure to let me know.[/quote]joe biden has a net worth of $150k, and that is including his house

the obamas literally just paid off their student loans with the profits from baracks book

the fuck more do you want?

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='698579' date='Sep 9 2008, 02:36 AM']joe biden has a net worth of $150k, and that is including his house

the obamas literally just paid off their student loans with the profits from baracks book

the fuck more do you want?[/quote]

didn't you know... all middle class families pay right at $40,000 a year for a 4th and 2nd grader's tuition. Silly me.

Barack and Joe... just average guys... :rolleyes:

And, as far as Biden's net worth being $150k... prove it. Because a Washington post story shows his 2007 income at $298,000 and the fact that after 35 years of senate service he'd have one hell of a 401k / retirement plan. I find it difficult to believe that he's netting out at $150 (including a house supposedly) when he's making double that in income.

And, about a 30 second search to verify shows that Obama's net worth is running right at $800,000...

everyday men, I tell you.

Yes, McCain is an elitist because he has shit pile loads of money. But so is Obama, and Biden, and all these other politicians... that is why they get into it. It sure as hell isn't to "make a change" for the common man.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='698944' date='Sep 9 2008, 10:09 PM'][b]Biden takes the Amtrak every night back to his 1 home in Delware ...

McCain flies in his wife's private Jet around to his 7 houses. [/b][/quote]
McCain does that every night??? ;)

It's funny...

I bring up valid points to dispute the contention that Biden and Obama are like the "common man"...

And, all anyone can bring up is comparing them to McCain. I've never said anything good about McCain. Quit using the analogy - McCain isn't the "common man" either.

I don't know many "common men" that made $298,000 last year, or had net worth's right at $800,000, or higher in McCain's case.

None of these guys are like the "common man" so quit spreading the myth. Do you get it now? As you can clearly see I'm not defending John McCain so don't go back to comparing the other two to him. They're all three in the same boat.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='699032' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:24 AM']They're all three in the same boat.[/quote]

[b]If you have 3 boats ...

one has 150,000 $ in it ...

Another has 800,000 $ in it ...

and the last one has 110,000,000 in it ...

are they the "same boat" ???[/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='699048' date='Sep 10 2008, 09:38 AM'][b]If you have 3 boats ...

one has 150,000 $ in it ...

Another has 800,000 $ in it ...

and the last one has 110,000,000 in it ...

are they the "same boat" ???[/b][/quote]
to make your analogy correctl,

one would have at least $298,000,

one would have at least $800,000,

and one would have at least 110,000,000 in it...

no, those by themselves wouldn't be the same boat.

But, compare them to the "common man" who's boat has more like $45,000 - 50,000 in it. Then yes, all three of those other boats are pretty much the "same boat" to him. They all have a shitpot load more in them (more than that common man will make in 5 years combined - to him that is unattainable). All I'm saying is none of these three men can speak to and empathize with the common man (which Obama and Biden are trying to do) because none of them are down in the income level that the common man is at.

Again, you're comparing those two to McCain... compare those two to "the common man" which is what Obama and Biden are trying to sell. Compare income, worth (actual worth 401k, etc.) to the common man and convince me they're alike.

They're not.

Archived