Beanie - OUT!

Bengal Migration

<_<

[quote]LOS ANGELES -- Ohio State running back Chris "Beanie" Wells will not play for the fifth-ranked Buckeyes against No. 1 Southern California on Saturday night.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel made the announcement late Friday afternoon after the team went through a 40-minute walkthrough at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

"He's been getting treatment 15 times a day," Tressel told the assembled media just minutes after he told his team of the decision. "I guess if looks could kill he fought me. I just told the team because it's important our guys know what we thought we should do."

"He worked so hard, but my job is to keep his best interests at heart," Tressel told ESPN's Joe Schad.

The Trojans (1-0) will be playing their first game since an impressive 52-7 victory Aug. 30 at Virginia. Ohio State (2-0) has beaten in-state opposition Youngstown State 43-0 and Ohio University 26-14.

Wells, who rushed for 1,609 yards and 15 touchdowns last season, injured his right foot in the opener and without him, the Buckeyes had to rally to beat the lightly regarded Bobcats last weekend.

Tressel said early in the week that Wells would play, but it was a different story Thursday, when he said the 6-foot-1, 237-pound junior was doubtful because of lingering soreness in his foot.

Redshirt freshman Dan Herron, sophomore Brandon Saine and senior Maurice Wells shared the carries for Ohio State against Ohio University.[/quote]

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3584806"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3584806[/url]

don't worry, he'll still play... You know beanie wants to play in this game, and Tressel has told ESPN that if Beanie comes to him today and pleas to play, Tressel will let him play.

Keep in mind that this isn't the NFL. No injury reports and you don't have to be forthcoming about anything. Nothing's official until the game. Beanie can even suit up as late as the 4th qtr.

gotta say, I'll be happy when Alex Boone is gone. The most overrated OL in all of college football IMO. Thought he was overrated in high school too.

Disappointing that Beanie isn't playing. OSU's actually running the ball well and controlling the clock. They're just not finishing off drives and stupid penalties are killing them. Even the passing game's doing OK.

Not surprised their losing, but would have thought it would be closer at this point. I thought our secondary would control their average (for USC) passing game better. Sadly, we're stopping the run as poorly as I feared. OSU's d-line is very weak this year.

Honestly, if they go down by another TD, leave Pryor in the game and let him get some learning lumps out of the way. He won't face any defense as good in the Big Ten.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='700421' date='Sep 14 2008, 12:04 PM']gotta say, I'll be happy when Alex Boone is gone. The most overrated OL in all of college football IMO. Thought he was overrated in high school too.

Disappointing that Beanie isn't playing. OSU's actually running the ball well and controlling the clock. They're just not finishing off drives and stupid penalties are killing them. Even the passing game's doing OK.

Not surprised their losing, but would have thought it would be closer at this point. I thought our secondary would control their average (for USC) passing game better. Sadly, we're stopping the run as poorly as I feared. OSU's d-line is very weak this year.

Honestly, if they go down by another TD, leave Pryor in the game and let him get some learning lumps out of the way. He won't face any defense as good in the Big Ten.[/quote]
This has been my first taste of football this year, but not the prettiest game to watch as an OSU fan. That new CB #5 looks like another star in the making though. Talk about man coverage skills. Fucking gorgeous INT there to save the game from being over at the half.

Beautiful to see some quality tackling for a change, too. I'd love to see some of that for the Bengals tomorrow.

Watching the blocking by the WRs on every big run in this game has been great. Someone show this to ocho fucko please..

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='700427' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:16 PM']This has been my first taste of football this year, but not the prettiest game to watch as an OSU fan. That new CB #5 looks like another star in the making though. Talk about man coverage skills. Fucking gorgeous INT there to save the game from being over at the half.

Beautiful to see some quality tackling for a change, too. I'd love to see some of that for the Bengals tomorrow.

Watching the blocking by the WRs on every big run in this game has been great. Someone show this to ocho fucko please..[/quote]

yea OSU's great at pumping out DB's, RB's, LB's, and WR's. Wish we were a little better at pumping out stud QB's though. I really thought Boeckman was going to be one a year ago, but now I'm not so sure...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='700429' date='Sep 14 2008, 12:19 PM']yea OSU's great at pumping out DB's, RB's, LB's, and WR's. Wish we were a little better at pumping out stud QB's though. I really thought Boeckman was going to be one a year ago, but now I'm not so sure...[/quote]
Boeckman hasn't shown shit in this game. Of course, since we can't seem to block Matthews, he hasn't exactly had much time to throw.

I'd like to see Pryor for the rest of the game, myself. Let him get some reps, gain some confidence, and get ready to take over the reigns. He certainly give the team its best chance to win - once he learns to play to his potential at this level. Looks like he could be worthy of the hype.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='700434' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:47 PM']OSU looks like they shouldn't be ranked in the top 15.[/quote]

without beanie, you're right. I don't think they're a top 5 WITH Beanie, but they're still a top 15.

Their OL, while big and physical, lacks any kind of speed. The DL is also average this year.

I agree with, I think it was cowherd (I heard it 3rd person) who said that (paraphrasing) "OSU has just as much speed in their top 10-15 players as any team in the nation. It's the other 50 players where the difference comes into play with the other elite teams."

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='700437' date='Sep 14 2008, 12:56 PM']without beanie, you're right. I don't think they're a top 5 WITH Beanie, but they're still a top 15.

Their OL, while big and physical, lacks any kind of speed. The DL is also average this year.

I agree with, I think it was cowherd (I heard it 3rd person) who said that (paraphrasing) "OSU has just as much speed in their top 10-15 players as any team in the nation. It's the other 50 players where the difference comes into play with the other elite teams."[/quote]
The team sure can't handle an elite speed rush, that's for damn sure. Been that way for three years now. And it sucks.

What's the deal with Saine? The few times I saw him last season, he looked like he had the potential to be quite a monster, but he doesn't seem to get many carries, and has been replaced on the depth chart by Herron. I was hoping to see him with more than two carries today.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='700505' date='Sep 14 2008, 05:30 AM']I am a casual college football fan, and when i do root for a college team, it's the Bucks..

With that said, they were fucking awful today. Front to back. [b]They were poorly disciplened (poorly coached), and just seemed basically overmatched in every department.[/b][/quote]

whats new? thats why they always make a pathetic schedule.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='700505' date='Sep 14 2008, 06:30 AM']I am a casual college football fan, and when i do root for a college team, it's the Bucks..

With that said, they were fucking awful today. Front to back. They were poorly disciplened (poorly coached), and just seemed basically overmatched in every department.[/quote]

Agree 100%

Tressel ball does not work in college football anymore. Even now after 3 years of embarrassment most are still drinking the Jim Tressel kool-aid. How people can still say he is a great coach is beyond me. His time has passed and needs to hang it up for the good of the program.

[quote name='rizzy' post='700560' date='Sep 14 2008, 09:36 AM']Agree 100%

Tressel ball does not work in college football anymore. Even now after 3 years of embarrassment most are still drinking the Jim Tressel kool-aid. How people can still say he is a great coach is beyond me. His time has passed and needs to hang it up for the good of the program.[/quote]

:lol:

First off, we only run tressel ball depending on the scheme. We ran a spread with Troy Smith, and we'll run it again once Pryor's under center full time. It has nothing to do with Tressel Ball and not even so much with coaching in general. Its about talent, specifically speed.

Not to mention, they didn't even play tressel ball against USC, giving a freshman QB significant playing time and even switching QB's mid-series. That's not something you do in "Tressel ball".

[quote name='rizzy' post='700560' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:36 AM']Agree 100%

Tressel ball does not work in college football anymore. Even now after 3 years of embarrassment most are still drinking the Jim Tressel kool-aid. How people can still say he is a great coach is beyond me. His time has passed and needs to hang it up for the good of the program.[/quote]
:huh:

Any myth of "Tressel ball" = some ultra conservative, buttoned down offense is about as uninformed as humanly possible. He mixes formations, personnel, and playcalling more from one season/game to the next moreso than any coach I can ever remember.

And yeah, they really should get rid of a coach who has them playing for the national title 3 out of 6 seasons. That'd be a great move.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='702554' date='Sep 19 2008, 06:53 AM']Beanie is out for tomorrow's game against Troy as well.[/quote]
Seriously? Damn, we need to get him back.. First he was questionable for last weeks big game(Which we blew big time), and not out for tomorrow.

We shouldn't need him for this game, though.

[quote name='Koopa' post='702730' date='Sep 19 2008, 03:25 PM']Seriously? Damn, we need to get him back.. First he was questionable for last weeks big game(Which we blew big time), and not out for tomorrow.

We shouldn't need him for this game, though.[/quote]

Yeah, if your gonna sit him for USC you might as well sit him for Troy...

Archived