!!! THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ GIANTS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='JC' post='703916' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:35 PM']Hell the whole team can't get to the QB..not just those two.

It's to bad they don't have Levi Jones. It wouldn't have been hard to get to the Quarterback then..[/quote]

You know this is basically the defensive line that beat the Patriots in last year's superbowl, right? Sure, they're down a player, but sometimes coaches do things like not leave a tackle on an island against an monster DE. Seemed like Carson had some time once we kept extra protection in the backfield, didn't it? Too bad Levi didn't make the decision to ask Perry/Watson for help until later in the game.

QUOTE (BengalSIS @ Sep 21 2008, 04:24 PM) [url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=703878"][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/style_images/gobengal/post_snapback.gif[/img][/url]I'm MOST mad about wasting 15 seconds on our last regular time drive. no way should we have been kicking to tie.

Or you can look at it another way--what if Carson had gotten sacked and we hadn't gotten a chance to kick the field goal...Marvin would have been CRUCIFIED for his decision. Levi Jones lost this game along with a big assist from the 'prevent' Defense in the 4th quarter.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='703927' date='Sep 21 2008, 02:40 PM']This game showed where we are. We went toe to toe....that last play before Shayne kicked the fg ate too much time. They are starting to gel. Shows the mini camps pay off.....and those who didn't do it it's showing......hats off to Perry.[/quote]
Exactly. Considering how we played the previous two weeks and having to go against the champs in their house, I'm proud of the way they showed up.

And nobody is mentioning Leon Hall. He had a very solid game against Plax - aside from the one play in OT where his coverage wasn't bad either.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='703932' date='Sep 21 2008, 03:44 PM']Exactly. Considering how we played the previous two weeks and having to go against the champs in their house, I'm proud of the way they showed up.

And nobody is mentioning Leon Hall. He had a very solid game against Plax - aside from the one play in OT where his coverage wasn't bad either.[/quote]

Leon played well, that hit he put on their guy poping the ball out was nasty. I also thought the young corners did more than I expected, they had some bad plays but they also didnt kill the game for us either.

Hopefully we get Jojo and Utecht back next week.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='703931' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:43 PM']Or you can look at it another way--what if Carson had gotten sacked and we hadn't gotten a chance to kick the field goal...Marvin would have been CRUCIFIED for his decision....[/quote]

Exactly. We played the SB champs to a coin flip with NO TURNOVERS going our way. Except for the call to run Perry on 1st and 2nd down in OT, I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to change anything.

[quote name='BklynBngl' post='703930' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:42 PM']You know this is basically the defensive line that beat the Patriots in last year's superbowl, right? Sure, they're down a player, but sometimes coaches do things like not leave a tackle on an island against an monster DE. Seemed like Carson had some time once we kept extra protection in the backfield, didn't it? Too bad Levi didn't make the decision to ask Perry/Watson for help until later in the game.[/quote]

Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora are ok players.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='703893' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:28 PM']How bout we just try to get her to talk Shayne into re-signing soon. Seems like he held up to the pressure today.[/quote]

Why would he WANT to come back? Seriously, why would anyone who could be a starter on any team, want to resign with the Bengals, arguably the biggest losers and worst run franchise in the NFL? He'll get paid just as well anywhere he goes, I would go play for a winner for less if I was any of these players.

[quote name='Since 87' post='703939' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:50 PM']Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora are ok players.[/quote]

Don't disagree, but my point was really that it's silly to get mad at Levi for not being able to do something that most other tackles can't, especially when there's a solution the coaching staff ignores. I'd rather complain about our center -- on the odd occasion when he doesn't crumple, Carson can do things like step up and deliver balls like the throw on TJ's touchdown.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='703893' date='Sep 21 2008, 03:28 PM']How bout we just try to get her to talk Shayne into re-signing soon. Seems like he held up to the pressure today.[/quote]

He'd like to. But since they didn't sign him preseason. Now they'll wait. He won't put this stuff in his head during the season.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='703885' date='Sep 21 2008, 03:26 PM']At least it was a good game. I enjoyed being IN the game the whole time.

Gives hope for next week...[/quote]

Word. At least it was entertainment. And at the end of the day, isn't that what it's all about.

That said, I'm bummed they lost because they didn't have to--if only they didn't play with a lack of urgency.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='703997' date='Sep 21 2008, 07:12 PM']well retard we are in fucking new york, you cant exactly swing down I-74 park 3 blocks away and walk in....[/quote]

Actually, you drive down the NEW JERSEY turnpike (since the Meadowlands is in New Jersey), and park 1 or 2 blocks away in the gigantic parking lot that surrounds the place. There is NOTHING around the Meadowlands sports complex besides parking lots and getting there on a Sunday is no big deal. In fact, much easier than getting to PBS.

There are actually some people on this board who have ventured out of Ohio and Northern Ky and know a thing or two about that big city thing over yonder. The retard comment was a nice touch.

The "New York" Giants are based in East Rutherford New Jersey, not New York.

If the game had been play on a Friday night I might have let your comment go but it wasn't.

[quote name='big_dish' post='703940' date='Sep 21 2008, 04:59 PM']Why would he WANT to come back? Seriously, why would anyone who could be a starter on any team, want to resign with the Bengals, arguably the biggest losers and worst run franchise in the NFL? He'll get paid just as well anywhere he goes, .[/quote]
Sad, but oh so true.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='703999' date='Sep 21 2008, 07:16 PM']get any good food in nyc[/quote]

some good eats for sure.... i love it out here... tho its a mix of compelte and utter hassle vs the ease ad convenience at home, vs nothing to do at home, and 4 billion things to do in NY...

[quote name='SF2' post='704086' date='Sep 21 2008, 10:05 PM']Actually, you drive down the NEW JERSEY turnpike (since the Meadowlands is in New Jersey), and park 1 or 2 blocks away in the gigantic parking lot that surrounds the place. There is NOTHING around the Meadowlands sports complex besides parking lots and getting there on a Sunday is no big deal. In fact, much easier than getting to PBS.

There are actually some people on this board who have ventured out of Ohio and Northern Ky and know a thing or two about that big city thing over yonder. The retard comment was a nice touch.

The "New York" Giants are based in East Rutherford New Jersey, not New York.

If the game had been play on a Friday night I might have let your comment go but it wasn't.[/quote]

yes i realize the stadium is in NJ, doesnt really change anything..

and oh you mean the parking lot they are using to build the new stadium? the one where they also have nothing but blocked off constructions areas?, so the ENTIRE parking lot, INCLUDING the race track parking lot, AND the lot thats all the way out to 3 is parking passes only? the parking passes that were $135 on ebay?

yea shoulda been a breeze pulling in there with no problems.... so it was an obvious variable in leaving with enough time to scout out all parking options and find a reasonable one, which we didnt. even several hours early...

the "non permit" parking was mostly a few miles away offering a shuttle to remotely close to the original parking lots, which was still a solid 15-25 minute walk to the stadium... and still $25, to park 3 miles away..

the meadowlands is surrounded by construction now.... plus that huge sports complex next to the new stadium..... which is also eating much of the parking lot areas near the stadium......

did you really just argue with me about parking lots?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='704142' date='Sep 22 2008, 02:09 AM']some good eats for sure.... i love it out here... tho its a mix of compelte and utter hassle vs the ease ad convenience at home, vs nothing to do at home, and 4 billion things to do in NY...

yes i realize the stadium is in NJ, doesnt really change anything..

and oh you mean the parking lot they are using to build the new stadium? the one where they also have nothing but blocked off constructions areas?, so the ENTIRE parking lot, INCLUDING the race track parking lot, AND the lot thats all the way out to 3 is parking passes only? the parking passes that were $135 on ebay?

yea shoulda been a breeze pulling in there with no problems.... so it was an obvious variable in leaving with enough time to scout out all parking options and find a reasonable one, which we didnt. even several hours early...

the "non permit" parking was mostly a few miles away offering a shuttle to remotely close to the original parking lots, which was still a solid 15-25 minute walk to the stadium... and still $25, to park 3 miles away..

the meadowlands is surrounded by construction now.... plus that huge sports complex next to the new stadium..... which is also eating much of the parking lot areas near the stadium......

did you really just argue with me about parking lots?[/quote]

Nice try but only 3 of the 15 or so lots is closed due to construction and gee, you need a parking pass to park in a parking lot in New Jersey. Who woulda thought? You gotta pay to do anything in that area, including leaving The City. Anyone that has been in New Jersey and New York knows you better have cash in your pocket if you plan on driving and parking anywhere. It cost $8 just to cross a bridge or use a tunnel.

No, you threw out the retard comment and made is sound like it was almost impossible to park close to the stadium in a timely manner and that any moron would know this. Pure BS. The fact that you wouldn't pay for a pass is your own problem. Again, you decided to call someone a retard for no good reason and I am calling you out on it.

Archived