War on Drugs

Guest bengalrick

What should we do next, in the war on drugs?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do next, in the war on drugs?

• A. What do you mean... it's working fine :crazy:
    • B. It's not working, but we need to keep pumping $ into the current way its done...
    • C. War on drugs in necessary, but we need to attack illicit drugs only, and think seriously about legalizing and taxing marijuana...
    • D. We need to scrap war on drugs, and figure a better way altogher...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Apr 18 2005, 11:57 AM']I could write a paper about this subject but I' m going to try to condense my thoughts to 3 paragraphs.
This "war" is one of the biggest farces in American history.  Our government has there finger prints  on alot of evidence that shows that they are very guilty in dealing drugs.  The war on drugs started in the 1980's if my memory serves me correctly, coincedentaily the 80's was one of the worst decades as it goes for drug use and the like.  While Nancy Reagan was telling kids to just say no, the CIA was moving hundreds of pounds of drugs for various reasons, talk about hypocrisy. 
The relationship between Noregia and our government is well documented and Noregia was one of the biggest drug dealers ever.  To say our government wanted to stop the drug problem is false, the CIA and FBI are directly involved and profit from the drug trade and they have been for years.  In the late 60's when civil rights movement was considered by J. Edgar Hoover to be the single most dangerous threat to American security he divised a plan to work with the Italian mafia to flood black communities with cheap heroine, the plan worked and many would be activist turned into junkies.  Smack(aka Girl, Heroine) begot cocaine which gave way to crack and now you see were we are today.  Now, no one forced people to use drugs, but having a ready and cheap supply available to you 24 hours a day on your street cormer doesn't help.  The CIA was buying poppy seeds from Afganshistan in the 60's, and they haven't stopped in the drug trade.  I truly believe that the Bush family(George Sr, was the director of the CIA for many years) is very involved in the drug trade, as most drug dealers will tell you Florida and Texas are two of the biggest drug trafficking states and guess who is the current governor and former governor of those states.
Here's the website were this qoute is taken from.[url="http://icssa.org/ISI_%20drugs.htm"]Click Here[/url]
Anyway, [b]the majority of people in prison are black men, the majority of black men in prison are there for drug related charges, mostly for dealing.  The prison industry is a billion dollar business and it's saving many small towns across America, providing an economy to cities that have been devastated by plants closing and the like. Illegal drugs are the driving force behind these prisons, because if drugs weren't illegal then the majority of the prisoners would be free.  [/b]The drug problem in America is something that needs to dealt with and there is precedent were legalization can help.  There is some Scandanavian country were all drugs are legal and crime and disease is shocking low.  Since the drugs are legal then the users go to a clinic were they can use their drugs in a safe, monitered, and disease free environment.  The users don't after worry about getting or spreading diseases from dirty needles or having to rob someone since the government supplies the drugs.  Without drug users committing crimes and spreading diseases the numbers are very low for a country were drugs are legal.  I remember a few years ago the governor for New Mexico or Arizona was trying to lead the movement to get drugs legalized, I think that was before 9/11. 

The truth is out there, it just depends if you can handle the truth.  Here are some good books to read that offer an intersting P.O.V. on this subject and how it relates to our current president.  [url="http://www.secrecyandprivilege.com/"]Click Here[/url]  Drugs=Money and we all know money makes the world the go round.

If you still don't believe me then here are some more sources that back my arguement.

Notes
1. See: Peter Dale Scott and Jonathan Marshall, "Cocaine Politics Drugs, Armies
and the CIA in Central America (University of California Press, 1991), which tells how the CIA works with narcotics traffickers, and then fights to suppress the truth. It concludes, the US government "is one of the world's largest drug pushers."

Also see, "Gary Web, "Dark Alliance: the CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion" which gives names, dates, places, and dollar amounts to build a towering wall of evidence in support of his argument.

Cellerino Castillo, "Powder Burns: Cocaine, Contras & The Drug Connection (1992), is yet another book by a retired DEA agent

Ryan Mark Zepezauer, "The CIA's Greatest Hits (The Real Story)." According to the author, by 1970 the US was flooded with pure Asian heroin; some of it was even smuggled back into the country in the corpses of US soldiers...... The CIA airline, Air America, ran weapons to Hmong armies in Laos and brought their opium crop back out to market. Some of these massive profits were laundered in Australia and then used to finance other CIA operations..... The Nicaraguan contras were partially funded by cocaine operations, smuggled to and from the US on customs free supply flights. CIA assets in Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador and Panama helped to facilitate the trading."

Michael Levine, Laura Kavanau Levine, "The Big White Lie: the Deep Cover Operation" exposes the CIA's exploitation and the "deadliest lie" ever perpetrated by the US government - the War on Drugs.

2. Dawn report, ISI criticized at US Senate hearing, March 22, 2003

3. Charles Clover, "Afghan poppy farmers resist attempts to destroy crop..," Financial Times; Apr 10, 2002

4. According to Paul Johnson, Modern Times (New York: Harper Perenial, 1991 rev. ed., p.782), "By the end of the 1980's it was calculated that the illegal use of drugs in the United States now netted its controllers over $110 billion a year." Just one CIA drug ring that of Rafael Caro Quintero and Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo based in Guadalajara, Mexico was smuggling four tons a month into the US during the same period! Other operations including Manuel Noriega (Panama), John Hull (Costa Rica), Felix Rodriguez (El Salvador), Juan Ramon Matta Ballesteros (Honduras) and elements of the Guatemalan and Honduran military were dealing close to two hundred tons a year or close to 70% of total US consumption at the same time!

5. US District Court transcripts for the BCCI related case: US Vs Amjad Awan et al 88-330-Cr-T-13( B)
R48-791-49, 50
R67-1136-160, 161 and 162
R83-881-26,27, and 28
GE 3193

6. Robert Bonner , CBS "60 MINUTES" Show, November 21, 1993.
7. For more information in this regard, see The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia by Alfred W. McCoy with Cathleen B. Read and Leonard P. Adams II (http://www.drugtext.org/library/books/McCoy/) and The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade by Alfred W. McCoy [url="http://(http://www.ftrbooks.net/conspiracy/cia/heroin_politics.htm)"](http://www.ftrbooks.net/conspiracy/cia/heroin_politics.htm)[/url]
[right][post="77362"][/post][/right][/quote]
You are absolutely insane. Leave it to an African American to lay blame for crack communities at the US governments feet while simultaneously having no problem having multiple children out of wedlock thereby guaranteeing a government check for their self-imposed "woes"

The system is a problem, yes, because it provides incentives monetarily for essentially bad behavior(welfare as we know it now), but to blame all your woes on the US govt is insane.

INSANE!

If the US dealt crack, I wanna know where my rocks are...instead of me having to drive to a dowtown area where I can be killed...just because I want my rock....

Smoov..you so crazy...it's lack of parents you silly man....

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:25 AM']You are absolutely insane.  Leave it to an African American to lay blame for crack communities at the US governments feet while simultaneously having no problem having multiple children out of wedlock thereby guaranteeing a government check for their self-imposed "woes"

The system is a problem, yes, because it provides incentives monetarily for essentially bad behavior(welfare as we know it now), but to blame all your woes on the US govt is insane.

INSANE!

If the US dealt crack, I wanna know where my rocks are...instead of me having to drive to a dowtown area where I can be killed...just because I want my rock....

[right][post="77878"][/post][/right][/quote]

its bush and his father that are doing this, bung... what are you talking about :rolleyes: they have been trying to start the drug trade up for years... didn't you know?

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Apr 19 2005, 01:25 AM']You are absolutely insane.  Leave it to an African American to lay blame for crack communities at the US governments feet while simultaneously having no problem having multiple children out of wedlock thereby guaranteeing a government check for their self-imposed "woes"

INSANE!

[right][post="77878"][/post][/right][/quote]

No Bung you so crazy!!

I have no clue what the hell your trying to say or what my race has to do with any of this? If I was white the FACT that the majority of prisoners are black men would still be true, right? I'm just giving you facts about the CIA in relation to dealing drugs; if you can't handle the truth don't shoot the messenger. Your asinine rant about welfare and all that other bullshit doesn't make any sense and I don't know how you got that from what I wrote so it's hard for me to respond. I assume you were up late drinking when you posted, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but that was some complete bullshit, I'm kinda still surprised you even post that.

When did I ever say anything about not having a problem with having children out of wedlock? What does that have to do with the war on drugs? What the hell have you been smoking? Do you need to a 12 step program for your drinking? I'm not blaming my woes on anyone, I don't have any woes, I'm not in prison for dealing drugs. I make a nice salary working for an international investment bank, so what the hell are you talking about my woes? There's too much documented proof to argue the FACT THAT THE CIA HAS AND IS PROFITING FROM THE DRUG TRADE. So because I'm black and I posted that, that means I'm blaming the government for crack and welfare is the problem?? :crazy: And you called me insane?

Also Bengalrick, the reason why I say the Bush family is involved is because George Sr. was the director of the CIA, so he was directly involved. I know you been brainwashed to into believing that Bush is a great man who could never do any wrong so I expect comments like that from you.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Apr 20 2005, 10:15 AM']No Bung you so crazy!!

I have no clue what the hell your trying to say or what my race has to do with any of this?  If I was white the FACT that the majority of prisoners are black men would still be true, right?  I'm just giving you facts about the CIA in relation to dealing drugs; if you can't handle the truth don't shoot the messenger.  Your asinine rant about welfare and all that other bullshit doesn't make any sense and I don't know how you got that from what I wrote so it's hard for me to respond.  I assume you were up late drinking when you posted, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt,  but that was some complete bullshit, I'm kinda still surprised you even post that. 

When did I ever say anything about not having a problem with having children out of wedlock?  What does that have to do with the war on drugs?  What the hell have you been smoking?  Do you need to a 12 step program for your drinking?  I'm not blaming my woes on anyone, I don't have any woes, I'm not in prison for dealing drugs.  I make a nice salary working for an international investment bank, so what the hell are you talking about my woes?  There's too much documented proof to argue the FACT THAT THE CIA HAS AND IS PROFITING FROM THE DRUG TRADE.  So because I'm black and I posted that, that means I'm blaming the government for crack and welfare is the problem??  :crazy:   And you called me insane? 
[b]Also Bengalrick, the reason why I say the Bush family is involved is because George Sr. was the director of the CIA, so he was directly involved.  I know you been brainwashed to into believing that Bush is a great man who could never do any wrong so I expect comments like that from you.[/b]
[right][post="78483"][/post][/right][/quote]

bush is totally wrong when it comes to immigration... the brainwashing machine must have been turned off then, when he talks about that ;)

i believe in my commander in chief in general, but he can and does do wrong...

the facts are that there are more blacks (percentage wise) than whites, but its not b/c you are black... it goes to the problem that there are more single mothers in black neighborhoods... you can't blame that on race... it is what it is... the fact your black doesn't mean anything, but you have to understand something... when we here "the black man is getting held down" we get tired of hearing that... it isn't about race... there are racist people out there, but they are spread around pretty even between races now... the jails won't start evening out until black fathers start to become dads... w/out a father figure, any of us would doomed imo...

i'll get back to you on the "cia benefitting" part, but America would benefit much, much more w/out drugs and the drug war in general...

don't know anything about bush being the cia director and the correlations between that and the drug war, but i'll leave it at that, i guess...

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Apr 20 2005, 10:50 AM']bush is totally wrong when it comes to immigration... the brainwashing machine must have been turned off then, when he talks about that ;)

i believe in my commander in chief in general, but he can and does do wrong...

the facts are that there are more blacks (percentage wise) than whites, but its not b/c you are black... it goes to the problem that there are more single mothers in black neighborhoods... you can't blame that on race... it is what it is... the fact your black doesn't mean anything, but you have to understand something... when we here "the black man is getting held down" we get tired of hearing that... it isn't about race... there are racist people out there, but they are spread around pretty even between races now... the jails won't start evening out until black fathers start to become dads... w/out a father figure, any of us would doomed imo...

i'll get back to you on the "cia benefitting" part, but America would benefit much, much more w/out drugs and the drug war in general...

don't know anything about bush being the cia director and the correlations between that and the drug war, but i'll leave it at that, i guess...
[right][post="78487"][/post][/right][/quote]

Still not clear on how single parent households effect the war on drugs, I grew up in a single parent household, I never sold drugs(well there was that one time, but that was more of a favor). I honestly think you have no clue what your talking about with this one, also surprised you didn't know Bush Sr. used to run the CIA.

When did I ever say anything about the man holding black people down? You guys sound like my girlfriend when we argue, you hear what you want to and using that as the basis for your arguement. I said that: FACT#1. THE MAJORITY OF PRISONERS ARE BLACK MEN, FACT#2: THE MAJORITY OF BLACK MEN IN PRISON ARE THERE FOR DRUG RELATED CRIMES, therefore if drugs weren't illegal they wouldn't be in prison. I don't were your getting the "man is black keeping me down" from that, I just stating the facts. You said you never heard anything about CIA and it's involvement in drug trafficking, if interperate me telling you about the CIA as blaming someone for keeping the black man down then you are mistaken, that's not what I was trying to say, but it interesting that was first thing that came to your mind. I'm not trying to make excuses, so don't try and make it seems as if that is what I'm trying to do. Single parent homes are a problem, but that's not the reason why we have the drug problem we do, I still don't see what that has to do with drugs. I thought this thread was about the "war on drugs", not the lack of parenting skills of black men? Why is it so hard for you to believe that the CIA could do something like this, there not a faith-based organization ya know.

Archived