!!!Marvin Thinks its funny!!!

See this just erks me.

When i played ball there is no way you would find me Cracking up laughing after i just got my ass handed to me.

Marvin however, its just another day. Back to practising being more consistent right marvin>?

[img]http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/mlib/1209/10/1209_1223921461.jpg[/img]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='713115' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:45 PM']actually its just that marvin isnt a douchebag. chad was standing there and saying something to marvin. then marvin laughed and said something back to chad. just because they lost a game doesnt mean they have to cry and pout like your retarded ass.[/quote]

Hey is it just a game for Marvin or the players>?

Nope is their foking life retarded ass.

Is it ok for me to laugh and joke around sitting on my couch yep sure is.

Is it ok for the head coach to be laughing his ass off>? Nope sure the fuck isnt.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='713114' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:44 PM']Or maybe it's just a game.[/quote]

See, if you want to say "its just a game" to a fan being overly dramatic, then I am right there with you.

But this is Marvin Lewis. His job is to win games and for one reason or another he has failed miserably at it this year.

[b]Now maybe its Marvins fault and maybe it isn't, that is a topic for another 500 threads.

But regardless of whose fault it is, his job is to win games and he is not winning. If I were his boss, I would want to know "what is so f"n funny?"[/b]

Of course, Mike Brown is his boss, and has essentially absolved Marvin of all blame, at least publicly. Marvin Lewis has to be the coolest-getting the best night sleep-guy in all of NFL history of coaches who are/were 0-6. Because he knows his job is totally safe until 2010 at least.

I have had exactly one very brief conversation with Marvin Lewis. Granted it was in 2004 so it was all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, but dude struck me as bright, charismatic, and most of all, very down to earth.

I suspect Marvin Lewis got realistic about his situation here and came to peace with it long before he got the call from upstairs that big slim was gonna get another chance, I'll put it that way.

Sometimes, all you can do is smile. Beats the whole deer-in-the-headlights thing, gotta admit that.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='713113' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:41 PM']See this just erks me.

When i played ball there is no way you would find me Cracking up laughing after i just got my ass handed to me.

Marvin however, its just another day. Back to practising being more consistent right marvin>?

[img]http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/mlib/1209/10/1209_1223921461.jpg[/img][/quote]

What you want him to do?
Make a mean face and throw up on himself on the sideline?

Gimme a break. His momma didnt just die he lost a game.
You want him to not smile for 24 hours? Ahh thats it! We would win then!!
You think he was yuckin it in the lockeroom after the game with all the guys?
Please.

[quote name='Sigfox09' post='713125' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:55 PM']if he is pissed off does that mean we win the game?[/quote]
No one said it would. Not once.

If my business was lossing money I dont think you would find me smiling too much. Especially if I was in front of my investors (in this case the fans)

This, like his press conferences, show his arrogance towards the situation.

I guess thats his way of dealing with an 0-6 record and a lossing record overall??

[quote name='bengalmonsta' post='713128' date='Oct 13 2008, 03:56 PM']What you want him to do?[/quote]

[img]http://timfuge.tripod.com/cowher2.jpg[/img]

Maybe take some lessons on how to not look like you are totally ok with being schooled week after week, perhaps? ;)

For God sake...

Welcome to the adult world, where you have to learn that you will NOT succeed every time you want to, and even if you lose at something, that life will go on.
It's not against the law to smile, even if something unpleasant is happening to you and/or the people you work with.

This is the kind of childish crap that irritates me... let's give Marvin shit and say he doesn't care because he smiles.

How totally fucking ignorant.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713133' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:02 PM']For God sake...

Welcome to the adult world, where you have to learn that you will NOT succeed every time you want to, and even if you lose at something, that life will go on.
It's not against the law to smile, even if something unpleasant is happening to you and/or the people you work with.

This is the kind of childish crap that irritates me... let's give Marvin shit and say he doesn't care because he smiles.

How totally fucking ignorant.[/quote]

Fair enough. And although I have just defended your side of the argument, I'd like to switch it up and play devil's advocate on the other side for a bit by asking you,

"After the Bengals do something stupid, and the camera flashes to the sideline, would you rather see this:

[img]http://www.benkepple.com/Images/cowher.jpg[/img]

or this:

[img]http://www.kosmo.com/blogs/TimsBlog/images/CowherStewart.jpg[/img]

Note, I used Cowher as an example, because I have never actually seen Marvin blast his players on the sideline for doing something stupid.

Its usually more like:

[img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/image/2006/11/12/016391308.jpg[/img]

sort of saying to himself "man that was f'n stupid."

Take last Sunday when Antonio fair caught it at like the 4.

I would find it preferable to have a coach that tore Antonio a new one on the sideline, instead of:

[img]http://www.dejuiced.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/zsports132248-20061210-ben-mm2-038-nc.jpg[/img]

[quote name='GoatGreen' post='713137' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:12 PM']Fair enough. And although I have just defended your side of the argument, I'd like to switch it up and play devil's advocate on the other side for a bit by asking you,

"After the Bengals do something stupid, and the camera flashes to the sideline, would you rather see this:

[img]http://www.benkepple.com/Images/cowher.jpg[/img]

or this:

[img]http://www.kosmo.com/blogs/TimsBlog/images/CowherStewart.jpg[/img]

Note, I used Cowher as an example, because I have never actually seen Marvin blast his players on the sideline for doing something stupid.

Its usually more like:

[img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/image/2006/11/12/016391308.jpg[/img]

sort of saying to himself "man that was f'n stupid."

Take last Sunday when Antonio fair caught it at like the 4.

I would find it preferable to have a coach that tore Antonio a new one on the sideline, instead of:

[img]http://www.dejuiced.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/zsports132248-20061210-ben-mm2-038-nc.jpg[/img][/quote]

Saying that you are "playing devils advocate" is used only by those looking to start trouble in my experiences... but I will go ahead and answer you anyway.

Ever hear of the "Praise in public, bitch in private" method?

It was used with me, and by me, when I played or coached sports. Same with when I was in the service, and I also use it now in the private sector.

When you rip someone a new asshole in public, ESPECIALLY on nationally broadcasted TV, it tends to humiliate that person and get you ADVERSE results. No one wants to have their dirty laundry aired in the public arena.

True leaders don't need to do that, and it is like anyone on here being at work and making a mistake... Do you want your boss to rip your ass in front of your fellow employee's, while taping it so that your wife/kids/parents/friends see it at home?

For those of you who want to say that since its the NFL then it's ok, then you don't have a clue as to what leading people is all about.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713133' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:02 PM']For God sake...

How totally fucking ignorant.[/quote]

Right its totally fucking ignorant you two ton piece of shit.

Take this for example.

Lets say your closing a HUGE deal with a big company. Then lets say you blow the deal and start laughing your ass off afterwards in front of your boss.

Im sure your boss will be just thrilled and think very highly of you. maybe even give you a pat on your back and say its ok.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='713143' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:23 PM']Right its totally fucking ignorant you two ton piece of shit.

Take this for example.

Lets say your closing a HUGE deal with a big company. Then lets say you blow the deal and start laughing your ass off afterwards in front of your boss.

Im sure your boss will be just thrilled and think very highly of you. maybe even give you a pat on your back and say its ok.[/quote]
While I'm sure you think you have a point... you don't.

This incident didn't occur right after the game was blown... so your attempt at making a point is blown out of the water as usual.

You go back to the ignore pile, along with the rest of the juvenile fools.

Grow the fuck up you you ignoramus.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713142' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:22 PM']Saying that you are "playing devils advocate" is used only by those looking to start trouble in my experiences... but I will go ahead and answer you anyway.

It was used with me, and by me, when I played or coached sports. Same with when I was in the service, and I also use it now in the private sector.

[b][size=3]When you rip someone a new asshole in public, ESPECIALLY on nationally broadcasted TV, it tends to humiliate that person and get you ADVERSE results. No one wants to have their dirty laundry aired in the public arena[/size].[/b]
True leaders don't need to do that, and it is like anyone on here being at work and making a mistake... Do you want your boss to rip your ass in front of your fellow employee's, while taping it so that your wife/kids/parents/friends see it at home?

For those of you who want to say that since its the NFL then it's ok, then you don't have a clue as to what leading people is all about.[/quote]

Guess you werent a Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, or Whyche fan then?
No seriously.
Did you not like that style of coaching?

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713142' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:22 PM']Saying that you are "playing devils advocate" is used only by those looking to start trouble in my experiences... but I will go ahead and answer you anyway.

When you rip someone a new asshole in public, ESPECIALLY on nationally broadcasted TV, it tends to humiliate that person and get you ADVERSE results. No one wants to have their dirty laundry aired in the public arena.

For those of you who want to say that since its the NFL then it's ok, then you don't have a clue as to what leading people is all about.[/quote]

right coach cowhers methods didnt seem to work at all.

what a terrible coach he was.

Im my life expierences unless your dealing with a foking dweeb missle, who would go and cry on the bench like a baby.

Bitching someones ass out on the sideline in turn pissed that individual the fok off. Which would make the said individual go out to the field and rip someones foking head off.

[quote name='WhoDeyMatt' post='713146' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:26 PM']Guess you werent a Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, or Whyche fan then?
No seriously.
Did you not like that style of coaching?[/quote]

Its "[b]Wyche.[/b].." ;)

But I agree.

No discipline externally, and we can only speculate what happens behind closed doors. My guess would be that Marvin Banner doesn't turn into the Incredible Hulk though...

Spare the rod, spoil the Bengal. :P

I think it is funny that people are pissed because Marvin smiled
at something, and they have no idea what made him smile.

Hell, I have seen people smile at funerals. But it wasn`t nearly
as traumatic as losing a football game on the road with your Franchise
QB in street clothes.

[quote name='WhoDeyMatt' post='713146' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:26 PM']Guess you werent a Paul Brown, Forrest Gregg, or Whyche fan then?
No seriously.
Did you not like that style of coaching?[/quote]
Not a bad counterpoint WhoDeyMatt... and here is my reply;

Yes I DID like those coaches AND their coaching style, they knew that there is a time and a place for every different style of leadership... be it chewing out someone or coaxing a sullen star.

I can guarantee you that the coaches you named KNEW who they could bitch out publicly to get them to respond, and those who would fold under the ass chewing. In this day and age of the "diva personalities", the old fashioned "in your face" coaching doesn't seem all that popular at ANY level.

THAT is the difference in knowing how to lead successfully, and getting shot in the back by your own troops.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='713161' date='Oct 13 2008, 04:36 PM']Not a bad counterpoint WhoDeyMatt... and here is my reply;

Yes I DID like those coaches AND their coaching style, they knew that there is a time and a place for every different style of leadership... be it chewing out someone or coaxing a sullen star.

I can guarantee you that the coaches you named KNEW who they could bitch out publicly to get them to respond, and those who would fold under the ass chewing. In this day and age of the "diva personalities", the old fashioned "in your face" coaching doesn't seem all that popular at ANY level.

THAT is the difference in knowing how to lead successfully, and getting shot in the back by your own troops.[/quote]

Fair enough.

You dont see him do this to any player on this team though.
Is it fair to say that NO player. Not ONE. Would respond to this?

What does that say about his leadership?

I will end it at that USN. Good points.....

Archived