"Joe The Plumber" = Related to Charles Keating

BlackJesus

[quote][b]Joe “the Plumber” Wurzelbacher related to Charles “the Crook” Keating. Oops.[/b]
October 15th, 2008

John McCain did great tonight in the debate. But [b]every time John mentioned “Joe the Plumber,” some of us in the campaign banged our heads against the wall. [/b]If Steve Schmidt had any hair left, I hear he would have been pulling it out tonight. He reportedly screamed at John’s debate prep team tonight (out of earshot of reporters, of course). [b]“You idiots - he’s related to Charles Keating… of the Keating Five scandal!” [/b] They thought they had a real live Joe Six-Pack who’s spurned Barack Obama’s tax plan. But what they forgot to do was check on Joe Wurzelbacher’s background.

[b]Turns out that Joe Wurzelbacher from the Toledo event is a close relative of Robert Wurzelbacher of Milford, Ohio.[/b] Who’s Robert Wurzelbacher? Only [b]Charles Keating’s son-in-law[/b] and the former senior vice president of American Continental, the parent company of the infamous Lincoln Savings and Loan. The now retired elder Wurzelbacher is also a [b]major contributor to Republican causes giving well over $10,000[/b] in the last few years.

Does any of this make Joe the Plumber a bad guy? Of course not. In fact, after that ill-fated night at the Watergate, he may finally be giving plumbers a good name. But at a debate where John goes full bore on Obama for guilt-by-association with William Ayers (and dodges a bullet by Obama not mentioning Keating Five), the press is going to bring it back front and center by midday tomorrow once they delve deeper into the most popular plumber in America.[/quote]

[url="http://www.eisenstadtgroup.com/2008/10/15/joe-the-plumber-wurzelbacher-related-to-charles-keating-oops/"]http://www.eisenstadtgroup.com/2008/10/15/...s-keating-oops/[/url]

So, he is a close relative(which they did not say how) to the son-in-law of Charles Keating...

No bloodlines?...right?

Wow...you are really grasping at straws...

I had a second cousin who's brother in law beat up his wife once...

I guess that makes me a wife beater...

yeah....that makes sense. :weaksauce:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='714223' date='Oct 16 2008, 10:37 AM']I think the point BJ is trying to make is that he might have been a plant. (matter of fact he said just that before i read his 3rd post.)[/quote]

Even so...it's still not even a big deal.

Here is the question?

Is it true that Obama's tax plan is not going to be good for small businesses?

Honest question?

God forbid we actually talk about the issues....

Oh and even if he was a plant, Obama hit that one on one out of the park.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='714225' date='Oct 16 2008, 09:39 AM']Even so...it's still not even a big deal.

Here is the question?

Is it true that Obama's tax plan is not going to be good for small businesses?

Honest question?

God forbid we actually talk about the issues....[/quote]

Did you watch the video Homer posted in the other thread?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='714229' date='Oct 16 2008, 10:44 AM']Here is the one on one with Joe "The Plant/Plummer"

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=45293&view=findpost&p=713793"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=713793[/url][/quote]

yeah...the whole incident seemed a little staged....just on 1st impression.

it definitely looks like a plant... when I saw it yesterday I felt like something didn't seem right about it.

I guess if it takes plants to get McCain and Obama to talk about their plans in real life dollars and cents terms then so be it... otherwise, all we ever hear is "best case" scenarios by each candidates teams.

"Well, if you're joe blow, making $179,800 then you'll actually get to keep an additional $500 per year"... etc., etc., etc.

Just like McCain is blasting Obama on Obama's "slip of the tongue" etc., as in "we'll look at off-shore drilling". Obama asks McCain about the healthcare plan with the $5000 credit to go buy it yourself (which I like personally) but what about those that have insurance that would run well above $5000. McCains answers "the average person would spend $5800 / year". That is all fine and good - that isn't what he asked. He asked about those with diabetes, or cancer, etc., etc., etc., high-risk where their insurance would be significantly higher than $5800... what are you going to do about them?

I like the $5000 credit - go pick the insurance you want. But you have to allow for those high-risk category people and make some kind of allowance for that. And, the answer isn't to have government insurance for everyone.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='714274' date='Oct 16 2008, 12:11 PM'][url="http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601124&sid=anUappVhhEvU&refer=science"]Here's one of the problems regarding health care, Vol.[/url][/quote]
Homer... help me. Where does that fit in with the debate of privately purchasing insurance or having state-controlled/funded insurance?

Maybe you meant nothing in that regard and were just pointing out a good article. I don't know.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='714285' date='Oct 16 2008, 12:44 PM']Homer... help me. Where does that fit in with the debate of privately purchasing insurance or having state-controlled/funded insurance?

Maybe you meant nothing in that regard and were just pointing out a good article. I don't know.[/quote]
Fits in with my theme of recent days. Deal with the problems, not the ideologies.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='714351' date='Oct 16 2008, 04:29 PM']Hard to when ideology is a central issue in how to fix the problem!!![/quote]
You mean central impediment?

If we self-govern, then
we are the government.
If we criticize government, then
we criticise ourselves.

In any case, can anyone who reads that piece think that our country is doing so well re health care? Something has to be changed.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='714449' date='Oct 16 2008, 10:12 PM']Just mentioned on the news: Joe the "plumber" does not have a plumbing license.[/quote]yea, hes really a private contractor and while were on the subject he only made 40k last year which means he would save more under the obama plan

also, how many fucking plumbers do you know that pull in a quarter mil? this dudes a moron

however, he seems to have accomplished the first real live trolling of a major partys president

I heard he's gay.

Plumbers might not make $250k, but a plumbing company may. We have a local plumbing company that practically does the plumbing for this entire town I live in. But $250k after expenses? Nah, maybe close, but in a bigger, richer city, yeah, I'm sure there's a plumbing company or two making $250k.

Do people not know that when you try to attention whore on tv/radio/internet that people are going to look up who you are?

No one would probably have paid any attention if mcCain didnt mention him 20 times though.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA v2.0' post='714744' date='Oct 17 2008, 09:14 PM']Aren't you related to a former US Air Force terrorist?

So what.[/quote]

[b]I don't believe "Terrorists" exist ... but if you are defining one as "someone who aids in the deliberate bombing and killing of other individuals" --- then [u]yes[/u] I guess my father who assisted the bombing runs in Gulf War I would be guilty as charged ... and should be executed .... I'll kick the stool over. :whistle: [/b]

Archived