Sign Benson long term NOW!

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='720695' date='Nov 2 2008, 04:19 PM']Until they fix that line, it won't matter who is running the ball. (though I will say the line did a much better job today)

Good game by Benson, but it won't be consistant week to week until they fix whatever the problem is up front.[/quote]

yep

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='720727' date='Nov 2 2008, 06:01 PM']Wait, why can't you sign a player to a new contract after this week or w/e the deadline is? Don't you have a right to sign w/e you want whenever you want?

Makes no sense[/quote]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=45658"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=45658[/url]

We can sign him after tomorrow, just can't count as much of it against this year's cap.

[quote name='JoePong' post='720753' date='Nov 2 2008, 11:12 PM']Yep. Benson averaged about 4 yards per carry, and TJ averages about 4 yards per catch![/quote]

Ahhahahahahahaha.

Oh you're so fucking funny. No really. My sides are splitting. Such mirth. You should turn professional. How you have just captured the zeitgeist so effortlessly and ridden it fully for comic effect. My word. I haven't laughed so hard in years.

Benson should have been given a two year deal when he signed so that if he went off like he seems to be doing we would have him under contract. We should give him a year right now with added possible negotiations in the summer.

The idea of letting TJ go to me is laughable. I dont care how old he is or how much you think it is because of Chad. The man was second in receptions last week for the entire NFL. He is a great leader and has a great timing and relationship with Carson. You reward people like him. People like him are the glue that holds teams together. He will be the leader of the team in terms of working hard and professionalism. Getting rid of players like TJ makes no sense. Justin SMith was overpaid for his production. We saw the best we were going to get from Mad. TJ is a phenomenal football player. We need to keep those guys. Eric Steinbech taught us that lesson.

[quote name='Bengalmaniac' post='720772' date='Nov 2 2008, 07:41 PM']Too cheap for logic like you guys are talking about ,lets take a breath ,relax and watch as mikey lets him walk like any other player with talent.[/quote]

like Carson, Chad, TJ, Willie, Whit, Peko, oh wait....

You seem to not follow the team very well. The FO re-signs their own players (sometimes when they shouldn't). Its other players they won't shell out for and last I checked, Benson wasn't a free agent...

[quote name='kdubdub' post='720735' date='Nov 2 2008, 05:08 PM']Let's wait a little while before we pay him like he is LT. He has had one 100 yard game.[/quote]
I agree. I like him and how hard he's been running, but let's not get all crazy here. I have a feeling that he's in a "trying to prove something" mode, and perhaps once he strikes another big contract, he'll revert back to being the lousy, problematic back he was in Chicago.

Hopefully I'm wrong but in this instance, the Bengals would be right to take a conservative approach with Cedric.

Archived