Pictures of my new house

Guest BengalsOwn

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jul 6 2005, 01:04 AM']Congrats but I think the 3rd garage thing is a little strange architectually..

[right][post="110979"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I hate you.

Guest The Carson Show
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jul 6 2005, 01:09 AM']Right next to it, my wife lived in Germantown her whole life, and I lived in the small town next to it (we went to the same school, Valley View) my whole life. It's a very nice town, but property taxes are pretty high. Where at in Germantown? We were going to build in Germantown, but the property taxes scared me away.
[right][post="110986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
not sure havent traveled up there to visit yet
they have only been there a few months and ive been so busy with work and what not havent had time

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jul 6 2005, 01:12 AM']I'm glad you're back... :lol:
[right][post="110991"][/post][/right][/quote]

:lol:

It's good to be back.

The thing I'm not a huge fan of on the house is the little roof above the 2-car part of the garage. I wish it didn't have that. But oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BengalsOwn
Found out today the builder didn't run my phone line from the road to my house, SBC came out and had to tear up a lot of my sod :mad:

It's nice building a new house, but it's hell trying to get the builder to come and fix their fuck ups.

Pisses me off, very badly.

Plus growing my lawn, and taking care of my sod has been a lot more of a job than I expected. It would've been nicer if it was planted in September or something.

Oh yeah, I got a new tool box today, and an air compressor yesterday, to fill my new garage with. It's a Craftsman box, with ball bearing drawers, similar to this:

[url="http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=009CH036000&subcat=Chest+%26+Cabinet+Combos"]http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?...+Cabinet+Combos[/url]

And my air compressor is a Puma:

[img]http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/78/ag/41_1_b.JPG[/img]

Now I just have to move all of my tools into the new garage. That will be a nightmare.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jul 6 2005, 05:57 AM']Thanks  :D

It's in Carlisle in Warren county.
[right][post="110975"][/post][/right][/quote]

Mental Note: Carlisle in Warren County

[img]http://www.sunsetvideo.org/Picture-of-man-loading-a-gun-Miami-Vice.JPG[/img]

:D J/K

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jul 14 2005, 10:18 PM']Found out today the builder didn't run my phone line from the road to my house, SBC came out and had to tear up a lot of my sod :mad:
[right][post="114705"][/post][/right][/quote]

I hope you're not paying for that.

Besides that though,

"Ultimate set of tools.

I can fix it."

:ninja:

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Jul 14 2005, 10:38 PM']I hope you're not paying for that.
Besides that though,

"Ultimate set of tools.

I can fix it."
:ninja:
[right][post="114718"][/post][/right][/quote]

Nah, I'm not paying for it.

I just hope that my grass doesn't die.

Then I may be contacting a lawyer, or at least threatening to.

Bastards. The problems aren't really that big of a deal, but when you pay someone $170,000 for a brand new house, you should expect problems like that to be non existent. Some of the problems I have are:

Door knob fell off for 1/2 bath
Exterior door knobs trim is coming off (hard to describe that problem in writing)
My back yard needed reseeded (they were supposed to fix before closing, but didn't)
Paint flaws (they were supposed to fix before closing, but didn't)
Red marks on my vinyl siding (they were supposed to fix before closing, but didn't)
Trim work flaws (they were supposed to fix before closing, but didn't)
Didn't run my phone line (how the hell do they manage that mistake?)
Can't use my whirlpool because of soot in the water, will be fixed when I buy a water softener (why didn't they tell me at the beginning that that would be the case? Surely I'm not the first to notice this problem)

There's other things as well. All of the problems were pointed out right before I left on vacation, 2 weeks before closing. They had 2 weeks to fix the problems. I got back from vacation, and it hadn't been touched. 2 days before closing it hadn't been touched. The day before closing they painted my garage, but didn't address any of hte other problems. The day of my closing, when I was supposed to sign off on repairs, they were just starting to fix them, with my closing an hour away.

BASTARDS.

Oh well though. It does kick some serious ass living in the house now.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jul 14 2005, 10:53 PM']Nah, I'm not paying for it.

I just hope that my grass doesn't die.

Then I may be contacting a lawyer, or at least threatening to.

Bastards. The problems aren't really that big of a deal, but when you pay someone $170,000 for a brand new house, you should expect problems like that to be non existent. Some of the problems I have are:

Door knob fell off for 1/2 bath
Exterior door knobs trim is coming off (hard to describe that problem in writing)
My back yard needed reseeded (they were supposed to fix before closing, but didn't)
Paint flaws (they were supposed to fix before closing, but didn't)
Red marks on my vinyl siding (they were supposed to fix before closing, but didn't)
Trim work flaws (they were supposed to fix before closing, but didn't)
Didn't run my phone line (how the hell do they manage that mistake?)
Can't use my whirlpool because of soot in the water, will be fixed when I buy a water softener (why didn't they tell me at the beginning that that would be the case? Surely I'm not the first to notice this problem)

There's other things as well. All of the problems were pointed out right before I left on vacation, 2 weeks before closing. They had 2 weeks to fix the problems. I got back from vacation, and it hadn't been touched. 2 days before closing it hadn't been touched. The day before closing they painted my garage, but didn't address any of hte other problems. The day of my closing, when I was supposed to sign off on repairs, they were just starting to fix them, with my closing an hour away.

BASTARDS.

Oh well though. It does kick some serious ass living in the house now.
[right][post="114722"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Who was your builder Own? Some of this sounds very familiar to me. I close in december and still trying to get shit finished from before the closing.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='Ben' date='Jul 15 2005, 08:05 AM']Who was your builder Own?  Some of this sounds very familiar to me.  I close in december and still trying to get shit finished from before the closing.
[right][post="114841"][/post][/right][/quote]

Cristo. Suck to hear that :huh:

Archived