Bengals Jungle Temporarily Offfline

The [i]other[/i] primary Bengals fan site besides Go-Bengals - Bengals Jungle (www.bengalsjungle.com) - is temporarily down due to webhosting weirdness. Here's the message SuperCat posted to the site:

[quote]Sorry about inconvience, webhost cancelled my account because of overload? Nothing has been changed in months. Most everything is lost. They wouldn't let me export my database to transfer. I'm trying to figure everything out at new host and hope to work on it tomorrow when I have more time. We will be back up soon.[/quote]
A lot of folks are hoping that the db can be recovered and reconstituted with the new host. It would be a shame to lose all that history and all of those fun, fun threads. In the mean time, Go-Bengals has now become the defacto center of the Bengals Online Community universe - so everybody [i]play nice[/i]. : )

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='725742' date='Nov 20 2008, 01:15 PM']First time I've heard of Bengals Jungle. Maybe I should be doing Geico commercials.[/quote]
Yup, and I'm sure the reverse is unfortunately true as well.

There are a LOT of people who frequent both sites, and I know that GO and SC support each other fairly well. But the fact that not everybody on ONE site is aware of the OTHER site is one that's just plain unavoidable.

For now, [i]this[/i] is the one and only place to be. Once SC gets the Jungle back up and running, you might want to pop over there for a visit. You'll see many familiar faces, and meet some folks that you've never heard of before.

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' post='725735' date='Nov 20 2008, 12:59 PM']The [i]other[/i] primary Bengals fan site besides Go-Bengals - Bengals Jungle (www.bengalsjungle.com) - is temporarily down due to webhosting weirdness. Here's the message SuperCat posted to the site:

A lot of folks are hoping that the db can be recovered and reconstituted with the new host. It would be a shame to lose all that history and all of those fun, fun threads. In the mean time, Go-Bengals has now become the defacto center of the Bengals Online Community universe - so everybody [i]play nice[/i]. : )[/quote]

thanks for the update, amish. i was wondering what the hell was going on.

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' post='725754' date='Nov 20 2008, 01:22 PM']Yup, and I'm sure the reverse is unfortunately true as well.

There are a LOT of people who frequent both sites, and I know that GO and SC support each other fairly well. But the fact that not everybody on ONE site is aware of the OTHER site is one that's just plain unavoidable.

For now, [i]this[/i] is the one and only place to be. Once SC gets the Jungle back up and running, you might want to pop over there for a visit. You'll see many familiar faces, and meet some folks that you've never heard of before.[/quote]

Will do. Let us know when it's back online.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='725780' date='Nov 20 2008, 02:02 PM']I thought maybe I got banned. :unsure:[/quote]

Oh, I can state for a fact that I would never ban you from the Jungle..... SC (and I think maybe LT) had those administrative powers, but I only had regular admin rights, so the worst I could do to you would be to edit all your posts to reveal your adoration for Ben Roethlisberger. ; )

pass along that if SC isnt using a ton of bandwidth, he is more than welcome to keep a backup of his DB here and even host it here if he wishes... depending on bandwith of course... but id gladly setup a remote ftp for him to tos a database backup once a week or whatever... cant be too big of a file, and i have a gang of free space...

Yeah, I been lurking here for years but never posted, I always did that over at bengalsjungle. I been creating a chat room since the the one at the jungles site lagged really badly. Heres the link:

[url="http://www.chatmaker.net/chatap/rooms/bengalsjungle/"]http://www.chatmaker.net/chatap/rooms/bengalsjungle/[/url]

I'll prolly be listening on the inet radio since Comcast hates the NFL network and I don't think I can bear to watch an epic ass-whuppin over at nfl.com.

Gupps

[quote name='GoBengals' post='725900' date='Nov 20 2008, 04:44 PM']pass along that if SC isnt using a ton of bandwidth, he is more than welcome to keep a backup of his DB here and even host it here if he wishes... depending on bandwith of course... but id gladly setup a remote ftp for him to tos a database backup once a week or whatever... cant be too big of a file, and i have a gang of free space...[/quote]
Thanks, Go, I'll be certain SC knows about that. I'm guessing he's swamped right now, what with rebuilding the site from scratch AND work and family. But I'll pass this along so he's certain to know about it.

PS - The Jungle is back up, albeit with only 2 working forums and about a dozen people. All of the old threads are gone, plus the archives and everything else. Folks going there have to re-register. It's exactly as if the site had been nuked. :(

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='725780' date='Nov 20 2008, 02:02 PM']I thought maybe I got banned. :unsure:[/quote]

Nobody gets banned. Vaporized yes...but not banned. :sterb041:

Up and running again. A gracious invitation to all to come over...including Joe Pong.

We are brothers (and sisters) in arms.

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='726777' date='Nov 21 2008, 03:13 PM']Nobody gets banned. Vaporized yes...but not banned. :sterb041:

Up and running again. A gracious invitation to all to come over...including Joe Pong.

We are brothers (and sisters) in arms.[/quote]

Did you just say that JoePong is a product of a brother being in his sisters arms?

:nasty:

Sure as hell explains a lot though...

:ninja:

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' post='725742' date='Nov 20 2008, 02:15 PM']First time I've heard of Bengals Jungle. Maybe I should be doing Geico commercials.[/quote]

Actually Bengals Jungle has been around before any of the other Bengal websites. I added a forum the exact same day that Bengals.com did. Go had his up and running before then. Before "Go's" I ran the largest Bengals forum on the net. But it was part of an NFL community and the Adminstrator went over board with moderation. I decided then to start my forum. You're welcome to come and visit as well as others. Beware it isn't the same as before, but will be working to get things back running smoothly in next couple of weeks
[quote name='GoBengals' post='725900' date='Nov 20 2008, 05:44 PM']pass along that if SC isnt using a ton of bandwidth, he is more than welcome to keep a backup of his DB here and even host it here if he wishes... depending on bandwith of course... but id gladly setup a remote ftp for him to tos a database backup once a week or whatever... cant be too big of a file, and i have a gang of free space...[/quote]Thanks Go, I may take you up on it at a later date.
For those here who don't know of Bengals Jungle. I have shared things with Go before he started his site. And we are not afraid to share members and allow spam of each others site. We are all Bengal Fans and some enjoy the way Go runs his site and others perfer Bengals Jungle.
I believe that Bengals Jungle has more mature members (older) and Go Bengals has a younger membership. I edit out language like "fuck". Where Go allows it. But my members are less moderated and can speak their minds without fearing bans. Other than trolls from other NFL team sites.

Many of my members have been together since 2000 and beyond.

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='726777' date='Nov 21 2008, 04:13 PM']Nobody gets banned. Vaporized yes...but not banned. :sterb041:

We are brothers (and sisters) in arms.[/quote]Yes Vaporized. I believe I also seen sois here. Yes, you are welcomed too.
Some old members from (football huddles) that were banned there, are welcome at the Bengals Jungle. My site, I decide, not huddles admins.

Thanks again Ryan and all the members of Go Bengals!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived