Sweep, Sweep!!!!!

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='726540' date='Nov 21 2008, 12:20 AM']yeah down 2 starting olinemen, one of their backups, a starting QB, a starting WR, both starting DEs, one of their backups...was there really much doubt to the outcome?[/quote]

You forgot starting strong safety and starting cornerback.

[quote name='oftt4' post='726641' date='Nov 21 2008, 10:17 AM']Injuries happen. The Steelers had a few as well, but I guess that doesnt matter.[/quote]

of course they happen, but were talking a whole lot of players here.

Damn even you yourself conceded (in the Chad thread) that you wanted a good game and didnt expect one now due to the number of people we had out. So now that you won your gonna change your tune?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='726672' date='Nov 21 2008, 10:58 AM']of course they happen, but were talking a whole lot of players here.

Damn even you yourself conceded (in the Chad thread) that you wanted a good game and didnt expect one now due to the number of people we had out. So now that you won your gonna change your tune?[/quote]

I'm not changing my tune, but you guys have been blaming injuries for 3 years now. It's called DEPTH...get some.

Pittsburgh has 5 players on IR. They have lost significant time from their starting RB, starting TE, starting G, #2 CB, #3 CB, starting T, etc. The difference is that they have players ready to step in.

[quote name='oftt4' post='726913' date='Nov 22 2008, 06:05 AM']I'm not changing my tune, but you guys have been blaming injuries for 3 years now. It's called DEPTH...get some.

Pittsburgh has 5 players on IR. They have lost significant time from their starting RB, starting TE, starting G, #2 CB, #3 CB, starting T, etc. The difference is that they have players ready to step in.[/quote]

jesus christ, we've been trying to replace starters that went down to carreer ending injuries or suspentions of a while now and your talking about our backups? Damn Ive given you shit about not knowing squat about this team before but you just showed your ass on that one. Not to mention at some of those positions I mentioned we were playing our 3rd string guys. (and the left side of the line were rookies and a 1st year guy that just got called up that week from the pracitce squad)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='726918' date='Nov 22 2008, 08:58 AM']jesus christ, we've been trying to replace starters that went down to carreer ending injuries or suspentions of a while now and your talking about our backups? Damn Ive given you shit about not knowing squat about this team before but you just showed your ass on that one. Not to mention at some of those positions I mentioned we were playing our 3rd string guys. (and the left side of the line were rookies and a 1st year guy that just got called up that week from the pracitce squad)[/quote]

And...it is still called depth.

Pittsburgh has gotten a lot of production out of their 3rd string running back.

[quote name='oftt4' post='727121' date='Nov 23 2008, 04:04 PM']And...it is still called depth.

Pittsburgh has gotten a lot of production out of their 3rd string running back.[/quote]

No what its called is having a scouting department that can find it. When you have the smallest scouting department in the NFL....

[quote name='oftt4' post='727121' date='Nov 23 2008, 04:04 PM']And...it is still called depth.

Pittsburgh has gotten a lot of production out of their 3rd string running back.[/quote]

productive RB's aren't that hard to come by in the NFL. I can name 3 off the top of my head that were starters last year that were undrafted. A great deal of their success is dependent on the players around them.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='727155' date='Nov 23 2008, 07:33 PM']No what its called is having a scouting department that can find it. When you have the smallest scouting department in the NFL....[/quote]

There is your problem right there. It isnt not having players, its having the wrong ones.

[quote name='oftt4' post='726641' date='Nov 21 2008, 11:17 AM']Injuries happen. The Steelers had a few as well, but I guess that doesnt matter.[/quote]
The stealers have had a few. The Bengals have had a ton.

Play without Ben, your FB, LT, LG, SS, WLB and 3 of your top 4 DE's, and Holmes with an injured shoulder and see what you can do.

[quote name='Jason' post='727713' date='Nov 25 2008, 03:05 PM']The stealers have had a few. The Bengals have had a ton.

Play without Ben, your FB, LT, LG, SS, WLB and 3 of your top 4 DE's, and Holmes with an injured shoulder and see what you can do.[/quote]

Brother, you guys have been singing this same tune for years now....and the answer is still called depth.

The Patriots won 3 superbowls with a ton of injuries...it isnt like it cant be overcome with quality depth and good coaching.

[quote name='oftt4' post='727868' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:15 AM']Brother, you guys have been singing this same tune for years now....and the answer is still called depth.

The Patriots won 3 superbowls with a ton of injuries...it isnt like it cant be overcome with quality depth and good coaching.[/quote]

How would you do without the guys I mentioned?

[quote name='Jason' post='727887' date='Nov 26 2008, 08:50 AM']How would you do without the guys I mentioned?[/quote]

QB:
Ben has been injured since week 1 but hasnt missed time
Batch on IR, missed 11 games (will miss 16)

WR: Holmes missed one game for being a dumbass

RB:
Willie Parker has been injured and has missed 5 games (and will most likely miss more)
Mendenhall on IR, missed 7 games (will miss 12 total)

TE:
Miller has been injured and missed 3 games
Spaeth has been injured and missed 1 game

OL:
Simmons on IR, missed 7 games (will miss 12)
Smith injured, missed 6 games (will be more)

DL:
Keisel hurt, missed 4 games (will be more)

LB:
Woodley hurt, missed 1 game

DB:
McFadden injured, missed 5 games (will be more)
Townsend injured, missed 2 games (will be more)
Clark hurt, missed 1 game

P:
Sepulveda on IR, missed 11 games (will miss 16)

That is (so far) 65 missed games by starters or the replacements who stepped in for them. That number will be over 90 by the end of the season.

In their next game, Pittsburgh will be starting a 3rd string RB, a 4th string CB they just signed off the street, a rookie 2nd string LT, 2nd year undrafted RG (2nd string), an injured shitty punter they resigned off the street, and a 2nd string DE.

Like I said, every team has injuries.

I think your missing the point here.

The guys we got as starters should normally be the backups, but when you lose what amounts to almost an entire draft sans two players (the 05 draft guicheck and henry) and when your owner doesnt like FA you have to replace them in the draft, but when you have other needs because guys got old you have to do that too. We've basicly been in rebuilding mode since 05. So you can say get better backups, but our starters should be our backups in many, not all, areas.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='727929' date='Nov 26 2008, 12:28 PM']I think your missing the point here.

The guys we got as starters should normally be the backups, but when you lose what amounts to almost an entire draft sans two players (the 05 draft guicheck and henry) and when your owner doesnt like FA you have to replace them in the draft, but when you have other needs because guys got old you have to do that too. We've basicly been in rebuilding mode since 05. So you can say get better backups, but our starters should be our backups in many, not all, areas.[/quote]

I get the point. You guys dont suck because of injuries, you suck because of bad management. I think we are saying the same thing.

Archived