Another Vinatieri game-winner

BreadGuy

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727378' date='Nov 24 2008, 06:33 PM']Chastise all you want, but everyone knows damn well they have a different feeling in their gut when watching Vinatieri line up for a 4th qtr FG than when watching Shayne.[/quote]

Ok you got me. It's true. I [b]do[/b] feel differently watching Vinatieri lining up than I do watching Shayne.

When I'm watching Shayne I'm nervous. I'm willing him to make it. Hoping to see some points on the board.

When I'm watching Vinatieri I'm calm. Because I don't give a fuck about him or his team. Couldn't care less. I'm a Bengals fan. Fuck the rest of them.

So yep, I feel differently. Just probably not in the way you were hoping.

Sucks that your not a fan of football, I love the Bengals but a good football game is a good football game and often far more entertaining than what this franchise has been cookin for a while now.

I don't think we could find one person here who doesn't believe that certain players posses an "it" factor, the intangibles, the content of character that is beyond quantify-able percentages and whole numbers.

All I ask is for one person to make an "intangibles" or "it factor" arguement in favor of Shayne Graham...I don't think it can be done, atleast not with his current resume`. Perhaps in the future he'll have another opportunity to kick with the entire season riding on it, and perhaps he'll make it. But until then he doesn't have "it" and a guy like Vinatieri does.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727460' date='Nov 24 2008, 04:00 PM'][b]Sucks that your not a fan of football, [/b]I love the Bengals but a good football game is a good football game and often far more entertaining than what this franchise has been cookin for a while now.

I don't think we could find one person here who doesn't believe that certain players posses an "it" factor, the intangibles, the content of character that is beyond quantify-able percentages and whole numbers.

All I ask is for one person to make an "intangibles" or "it factor" arguement in favor of Shayne Graham...I don't think it can be done, atleast not with his current resume`. Perhaps in the future he'll have another opportunity to kick with the entire season riding on it, and perhaps he'll make it. But until then he doesn't have "it" and a guy like Vinatieri does.[/quote]

so wait, you have to be a Vinatieri fan to be a football fan? I must have missed that memo.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727378' date='Nov 24 2008, 01:33 PM']Chastise all you want, but everyone knows damn well they have a different feeling in their gut when watching Vinatieri line up for a 4th qtr FG than when watching Shayne.[/quote]

Actually, I was nervous about the kick against Philly. It was a long field goal in a lot poorer conditions then VVinatieri kicked is in. I guarantee every colt fan was nervous when he lined up for that kick. I also guarantee the Charger fans weren't headed for the gate because he never misses. Thinking back to the 2006 kick against the Steelers: I wasn't nervous at all. I thought it was a given that it was going through the uprights.

Still, you want to compare kickers, compare what you think we could have next year, to Graham. My guess is Vinatieri is not the one kicking for us next year.

Oh yeah, while we are all having fun, did anyone see the absolute SHANK! by Dawson? How entertaining was that? :)

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727460' date='Nov 24 2008, 09:00 PM']Sucks that your not a fan of football, I love the Bengals but a good football game is a good football game and often far more entertaining than what this franchise has been cookin for a while now.[/quote]

You're mistaken. I love football, but don't give a fuck about anyone but the Bengals. I enjoy watching it but have no actual emotion about what is happening.

[quote]I don't think we could find one person here who doesn't believe that certain players posses an "it" factor, the intangibles, the content of character that is beyond quantify-able percentages and whole numbers.[/quote]

What a shame then that everyone attempts to laud Vinatieri or lambast Shayne uses stats to prove their point. Three anti-Shayne/pro-Vinatieri threads so far and at no point has someone gone "yeah but it's not about the numbers, it's the intangibles".

Next.

[quote name='BengalMom' post='727478' date='Nov 24 2008, 04:40 PM']Hey you pathetic, dipshit asswipes who seem to have a perpetual hard-on for Shayne, circle you asses and take care of each other... or... oh, shit, why bother? None of you douchebags are worth my typing anything further.
:schla15:[/quote]
From where I stand Mom, there's only two of 'em that are hating on Shayne. The rest of us know the real deal about The Golden Boy.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='727484' date='Nov 24 2008, 05:02 PM']From where I stand Mom, there's only two of 'em that are hating on Shayne. The rest of us know the real deal about The Golden Boy.[/quote]

Bung, it is Bread Guy, Squirrelnutz and Beaver Hunter. I didn't mean to imply it was anyone else. If that is how it came off, I apologize to all of you EXCEPT the aforementioned *&^&(&) )(*(&&)*)& (^*(^(&&)&**@

:angel2: :mellow:

[quote name='BengalMom' post='727495' date='Nov 24 2008, 05:24 PM']Bung, it is Bread Guy, Squirrelnutz and Beaver Hunter. I didn't mean to imply it was anyone else. If that is how it came off, I apologize to all of you EXCEPT the aforementioned *&^&(&) )(*(&&)*)& (^*(^(&&)&**@

:angel2: :mellow:[/quote]
**clinks Grey Goose martini glasses**

Edit: We already had this freaking discussion last season, and the topic then was "Shayne's kickoffs are too short, he's costing us field position!!!111"
And the answer then, as it is now, is that Shayne Graham, the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history, is the absolute LEAST of this team's problems. So there are 2 kicks that he missed at the end of games that theoretically cost us the game. So what. That's like blaming penalties for losing. And all kickers miss kicks sometimes. And at least one of the misses wasn't even Shayne's fault (DEN game?).
Shayne is a damn good kicker and we are lucky to have him. I'm sure if he went the way of free agency, there would be teams lining up for his services.

[quote name='BengalMom' post='727478' date='Nov 24 2008, 02:40 PM']Hey you pathetic, dipshit asswipes who seem to have a perpetual hard-on for Shayne, circle you asses and take care of each other... or... oh, shit, why bother? None of you douchebags are worth my typing anything further.

I see where you are coming from, but keep in mind, this is the Internet. There are idiots everywhere.

[quote name='BengalMom' post='727478' date='Nov 24 2008, 04:40 PM']Hey you pathetic, dipshit asswipes who seem to have a perpetual hard-on for Shayne, circle you asses and take care of each other... or... oh, shit, why bother? None of you douchebags are worth my typing anything further.

Momma Mia, I like your fire. "Nobody says anything about my babyboy". I didn't mention Shayne once in this thread. I was defending Vinatieri not bashing Shayne. Sorry to say that I have NO hard on for your Shayne, but I am starting to get one for you if you keep talking tough to me, me likey! I have said before that if Shayne wants a big raise then I would let him walk, and I still believe that 100%. The game winning FG he missed when there was absolutely nothing on the line validated that for me.

P.S. I understand your anger and frustration, let me know if you want to work some of that off.

[quote]And anyway that whole "just stating opinions" bullshit wont wash. You know as well as I do that this thread exists solely to restart the whole "Shayne iz teh suck!" debate.[b] If it's here solely to suck Vinatieris dick [/b]then it needs to be in "Around the NFL" not in "The Bengals Forum". Although considering the quality of the initial post, perhaps it needs to be in "talking that shit".

So take your "oooh don't be so touchy we're just giving out some man love" crap and [b]shove it up your ass[/b]. This is trolling @ Shayne. No more, no less.[/quote]

[quote]Hey you [b]pathetic, dipshit asswipes who seem to have a perpetual hard-on for Shayne[/b], [b]circle you asses and take care of each other... [/b]or... oh, shit, why bother? [b]None of you douchebags are worth my typing [/b]anything further.[/quote]

No my UK friend, this is classy. You are right about the Mother Fucker part though. Everyday of the week I lay it down.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='727568' date='Nov 25 2008, 07:24 AM']Momma Mia, I like your fire. "Nobody says anything about my babyboy". I didn't mention Shayne once in this thread. I was defending Vinatieri not bashing Shayne. Sorry to say that I have NO hard on for your Shayne, but I am starting to get one for you if you keep talking tough to me, me likey! I have said before that if Shayne wants a big raise then I would let him walk, and I still believe that 100%. The game winning FG he missed when there was absolutely nothing on the line validated that for me.

P.S. I understand your anger and frustration, let me know if you want to work some of that off.[/quote]

I don't think Vinny needed "defending". It was all about pissin off a mom who just really cares about her son. Any attempts to piss me off (I consider that Bread Guys motive) didn't work, because stating one truth does not negate another. I only cared about this thread when you guys got mom all fired up. Feel better? Walk taller these day? Good. I'm glad.

Should she worry about this bull? No. But she does because she can't turn off being a mom. So be it. Now let's just end this crap and move on.

Vinny is a great kicker. Fine. No one argues that. He's had a shitload of chances to hone his game winning kicks craft, and yet he still misses sometimes.

Shayne hasn't had near the chances (nor has many other kickers who, in my opinion could do just as well as Vinny has) to kick as many game winners. And yet he's made some big kicks and missed a couple. So what?

Just move on.

This conversation is so last week anyway.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='727594' date='Nov 25 2008, 10:43 AM']I don't think Vinny needed "defending". It was all about pissin off a mom who just really cares about her son. Any attempts to piss me off (I consider that Bread Guys motive) didn't work, because stating one truth does not negate another. I only cared about this thread when you guys got mom all fired up. Feel better? Walk taller these day? Good. I'm glad.

Should she worry about this bull? No. But she does because she can't turn off being a mom. So be it. Now let's just end this crap and move on.

Vinny is a great kicker. Fine. No one argues that. He's had a shitload of chances to hone his game winning kicks craft, and yet he still misses sometimes.

Shayne hasn't had near the chances (nor has many other kickers who, in my opinion could do just as well as Vinny has) to kick as many game winners. And yet he's made some big kicks and missed a couple. So what?

Just move on.

This conversation is so last week anyway.[/quote]
[b]THIS THREAD HAS GONE WAY TOO FAR SIS..SHAYNE'S A GOOD KICKER..THE BENGALS ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM![/b]

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='727594' date='Nov 25 2008, 09:43 AM']I don't think Vinny needed "defending". It was all about pissin off a mom who just really cares about her son. Any attempts to piss me off (I consider that Bread Guys motive) didn't work, because stating one truth does not negate another. I only cared about this thread when you guys got mom all fired up. Feel better? Walk taller these day? Good. I'm glad.

Just move on.

Nice post Sis. I agree and I am done with this thread. BengalsMom, I was just firing you up. Don't take anything I said to heart.

P.S. I like any mom that calls people Douche bags. You made me smile, thanks.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727632' date='Nov 25 2008, 11:36 AM']I can't believe I have mothers of pro football players calling me names on the internet.

I do hope Shayne gets more chances in critical situations ala Vinatieri...then when he misses those we can lay this stupid debate to rest.[/quote]

Of course, you would never admit you were wrong if he kicked a 60 yarder with no time on the clock in the Super Bowl. Of course, by then, everything would be rosy and you would have always loved Graham. 2nd most accurate kicker ever!!!! This guy is a HOF!!!!! It would never be, boy did I miss read him.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='727594' date='Nov 25 2008, 09:43 AM']I don't think Vinny needed "defending". It was all about pissin off a mom who just really cares about her son. Any attempts to piss me off (I consider that Bread Guys motive) didn't work, because stating one truth does not negate another. I only cared about this thread when you guys got mom all fired up. Feel better? Walk taller these day? Good. I'm glad.

Just move on.

:wub:

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727632' date='Nov 25 2008, 10:36 AM']I can't believe I have mothers of pro football players calling me names on the internet.[/quote]

It takes a special kind of douche that bitches about
one of the players on the team that shouldn`t be
bitched about.

Your Mom must be proud.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='727632' date='Nov 25 2008, 10:36 AM']I do hope Shayne gets more chances in critical situations ala Vinatieri...[b]then when he misses those[/b] we can lay this stupid debate to rest.[/quote]

Yep, special kind of douche, I tell ya.

Archived