!!! THE OFFICIAL RAVENS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='728693' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:02 PM']Chad said he would play in the Arena League rather than play in Cincinnati.[/quote]

that's probably cuz there are several arena league teams that are better than this one. he only decided to stay because we pay more.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728699' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:04 PM']and do you think he would have said any one of those things had this team been winning?

i dont

but i know, i know...it was all about the money.

i dont know why i bother[/quote]
Are you honestly saying that it WASN'T all about the money?

With every shred of evidence in the world pointing against you, you're still going to try to say it wasn't about the money?

I don't know why you bother either Jamie, because you have absolutely NOTHING to stand on in this.

Nothing.

There is a veritable mountain oif evidence staring you in the face, but you don't want to see it.

Amazing... and yes, Chad would STILL be saying things even if we were winning, because it's ALL about Chad... 24/7/365 and he's proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='728701' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:07 PM']Are you honestly saying that it WASN'T all about the money?

With every shred of evidence in the world pointing against you, you're still going to try to say it wasn't about the money?

I don't know why you bother either Jamie, because you have absolutely NOTHING to stand on in this.

Nothing.

There is a veritable mountain oif evidence staring you in the face, but you don't want to see it.

Amazing... and yes, Chad would STILL be saying things even if we were winning, because it's ALL about Chad... 24/7/365 and he's proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt.[/quote]

[b]ALL[/b] about it?

yes thats exactly what Im saying.

doesnt matter though, those who will believe what they want will do so.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728695' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:03 PM']LOL

are you really going to tell me you never bitch about your job ever?

you see the difference is you can quit and go elsewhere, when these guys sign a contract the only way out for alot is to bitch, as it does work for teams sometimes.[/quote]

Believe it or not Jamie, no.

I was brought up to take pride in what I do.
I was told that not everyone can live in the
spotlight, get all the women and money from
their line of work. But still, take pride in what
you do. And no matter if you are a CEO or
the guy that cleans his toilets, try and be the
best there ever was to do that job.

And these guys can quit and go else where.
Barry Sanders did. A lot of players retire,
and move on to "real work".

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728699' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:04 PM']and do you think he would have said any one of those things had this team been winning?

i dont

but i know, i know...it was all about the money.[/quote]

Surely you are not that guilible?

He had just signed an extension in 2006.
The Bengals went 7-9 in 2007.
You think ALL that losing made him so frustrated?
Yeah, it had to be that. Couldn`t be him seeing
"lesser" WRs banking MORE money than him, huh?
Nah. Not Chad. No way.

[quote]i dont know why i bother[/quote]

if that is the best reply you have, I don`t
know why you bother either.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='728698' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:03 PM']"NO THEY CANT BAN ME IAM FOCUSED IAM CHAD JOHNSON 2 IAM A REAL NIGER MAN IAM THE BEST THIS FUCKING TEAM MAN THEY BRING ME TO CRY MAN YEA MOTHER FUCKER I WAS 4 YEARS BENGALS FAN WHAT THEY DO MAN THEY PLAY LIKE BICTHES I WOUL FUCK YOUR FACE RIGHT NOW MAN STFU DONT TALK SHIT TOO MUCH IF SAY ONE MORE THINK IAM GONNA pissing.gif ON YOUR FACE BRO! "

And again, this nubbin has an account because.... ??[/quote]

there's nothing wrong with this guy that a good "louisville slugger" wouldn't cure.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728704' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:11 PM']Believe it or not Jamie, no.

I was brought up to take pride in what I do.
I was told that not everyone can live in the
spotlight, get all the women and money from
their line of work. But still, take pride in what
you do. And no matter if you are a CEO or
the guy that cleans his toilets, try and be the
best there ever was to do that job.

And these guys can quit and go else where.
Barry Sanders did. A lot of players retire,
and move on to "real work".[/quote]

So wait when a guy next to you that you have to depend on is horrible at his job, your ok with that? When managment refuses to make the nessary changes to correct that, you arent pissed? Fuuuck that, I get irritated by people who suck at their jobs due to their incompitance that I have to depend on. And bitch when I have to depend on said folks. Professionalism only goes so far when its your ass on the line because you have to depend on morons.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728704' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:11 PM']Surely you are not that guilible?

He had just signed an extension in 2006.
The Bengals went 7-9 in 2007.
You think ALL that losing made him so frustrated?
Yeah, it had to be that. Couldn`t be him seeing
"lesser" WRs banking MORE money than him, huh?
Nah. Not Chad. No way.[/quote]

we've gone over this before, yes some of it was about money, but I dont believe all of it was, alot had to do with the losing... of course I dont expect you to ever admit that though, just another "cancer" in a long list of "cancers"

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728704' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:11 PM']if that is the best reply you have, I don`t
know why you bother either.[/quote]

because freak is right.... your a last wordist, thats why i dont know why i bother

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='728663' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:21 PM']Big little man behind his keyboard is good for laughs... because it's hard to believe that he is an actual functioning human being.

He is an indictment against incest and a poster child for retro-abortion... along with BengalsOwn.[/quote]

[i]"DAMN IS THAT YOU ON THE PIC WOW YOU LOOK LIKE A BITCH DAMN YOU HAVE TO SUCK ALL PLAYERS OF BENGALS TEAMS DICKS!"
[/i]

Wasn't this guy also known as "Bengals Rule" on the older Rat and Brownie boards, Chief?

Has virtually the same MO.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728707' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:17 PM']So wait when a guy next to you that you have to depend on is horrible at his job, your ok with that? When managment refuses to make the nessary changes to correct that, you arent pissed? Fuuuck that, I get irritated by people who suck at their jobs due to their incompitance that I have to depend on. And bitch when I have to depend on said folks. Professionalism only goes so far when its your ass on the line because you have to depend on morons.[/quote]

My job is to do my job. And if possible, make others
around me better at their job. And if you are really
good at your job, everyone knows it was the moron
and not you, so why be a bitch and part of the problem
instead of part of the solution?

[quote]we've gone over this before, yes some of it was about money, but I dont believe all of it was, alot had to do with the losing... of course I dont expect you to ever admit that though, just another "cancer" in a long list of "cancers"[/quote]

You really think that 7-9 season weighed on Chad that much?

[quote]because freak is right.... your a last wordist, thats why i dont know why i bother[/quote]

Really? There are a lot more threads where I didn`t get the last word in.
And it's kind of assholish for you to even say that.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728709' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:25 PM']My job is to do my job. And if possible, make others
around me better at their job. And if you are really
good at your job, everyone knows it was the moron
and not you, so why be a bitch and part of the problem
instead of part of the solution?[/quote]

Maybe because I take pride in my work and hate it when the quality is brought down because of others.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728709' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:25 PM']You really think that 7-9 season weighed on Chad that much?[/quote]

I think not being in the playoffs, contributed yes.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728709' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:25 PM']Really? There are a lot more threads where I didn`t get the last word in.
And it's kind of assholish for you to even say that.[/quote]

Not trying to be an asshole, it just seems that is the case, reguarding the last wordist.

Either way Ive said my piece on this, we just dont agree, its not the first time and Im sure it wont be the last. I still love ya though.

My .02 on this.

These players cannot leave their jobs at 5pm and go home to forget about their jobs for a while to destress. They are constantly reminded of their failures on the field. Even if as a team and not their individual failure. They can't go anywhere without having to field questions about the problems of the team/season/coaching/etc.

They carry it all the time. It's not easy. They also know their opportunity to play at peak performance is a small window just due to the nature of the job and it's affect on their bodies.

So I do understand their frustration when they see their peak years wasted. They see dreams tossed in the toilet.

Shayne is lucky that his position gives him a bigger window, but what about the other players?

I can understand why others, including Chad sometimes do stupid things in their attempts (poor choices sometimes) to change their situation. But these guys are human and they don't always do it right.

Until this offseason, I've had no problem with Chad for instance. I see his attitude differently than most. I see an extremely talented player, who dedicated a lot of extra time to football and worked his ass off, but let his immaturity show (as well as likely got "trained" by an ass of an agent).

I think he went through the first half of this season remarkably well given the circumstances, and was surprised it took this long for him to act up.

I don't condone his behavior, but I understand it.

And I don't think it's the reason we suck. He's never played better (or the whole team) for that matter, than when he was the most vocal and showy. Nobody cared when we were winning.

Anyway, the problems with this team are much bigger than any player.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728675' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:42 PM'][b]Ill likely still go to the ravens/bengals game in bmore [/b](untill it becomes unbearable, which is getting close)[/quote]
You talking bout next year? If not, that game has already been played (and you can guess the outcome!).
Jamie, it was the FIRST game of the year! You don't remember?

:lol:

[quote name='Le Tigre' post='728708' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:18 PM'][i]"DAMN IS THAT YOU ON THE PIC WOW YOU LOOK LIKE A BITCH DAMN YOU HAVE TO SUCK ALL PLAYERS OF BENGALS TEAMS DICKS!"
[/i]

Wasn't this guy also known as "Bengals Rule" on the older Rat and Brownie boards, Chief?

Has virtually the same MO.[/quote]

LOL!

Blast from the past for sure LT.

Different MO though LT... BengalsRule NEVER attacked fellow Bengals fans.
This little rascist prick attacks everyone who tells the truth about Chad Johnson.

[quote name='BengalSIS' post='728726' date='Nov 30 2008, 06:19 PM']My .02 on this.

These players cannot leave their jobs at 5pm and go home to forget about their jobs for a while to destress. They are constantly reminded of their failures on the field. Even if as a team and not their individual failure. They can't go anywhere without having to field questions about the problems of the team/season/coaching/etc.

They carry it all the time. It's not easy. They also know their opportunity to play at peak performance is a small window just due to the nature of the job and it's affect on their bodies.

So I do understand their frustration when they see their peak years wasted. They see dreams tossed in the toilet.

Shayne is lucky that his position gives him a bigger window, but what about the other players?

I can understand why others, including Chad sometimes do stupid things in their attempts (poor choices sometimes) to change their situation. But these guys are human and they don't always do it right.

Until this offseason, I've had no problem with Chad for instance. I see his attitude differently than most. I see an extremely talented player, who dedicated a lot of extra time to football and worked his ass off, but let his immaturity show (as well as likely got "trained" by an ass of an agent).

I think he went through the first half of this season remarkably well given the circumstances, and was surprised it took this long for him to act up.

I don't condone his behavior, but I understand it.

And I don't think it's the reason we suck. He's never played better (or the whole team) for that matter, than when he was the most vocal and showy. Nobody cared when we were winning.

Anyway, the problems with this team are much bigger than any player.[/quote]

Completely agree.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='728727' date='Nov 30 2008, 06:25 PM']You talking bout next year? If not, that game has already been played (and you can guess the outcome!).
Jamie, it was the FIRST game of the year! You don't remember?

:lol:[/quote]

Yes I was talking about next year. :lol:

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='728728' date='Nov 30 2008, 06:26 PM']LOL!

Blast from the past for sure LT.

Different MO though LT... BengalsRule NEVER attacked fellow Bengals fans.
This little rascist prick attacks everyone who tells the truth about Chad Johnson.[/quote]

Nah...he even PM'd me several times and the little punk doesn't even know i like Chad and actually defend him.

Dumbass is just spammin to spam.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='728440' date='Dec 1 2008, 04:50 AM'][b]Man for such a decimated D, we really can play. [/b]

If we're ever in danger of getting an offense (who'd have thought we'd be dreaming of an O instead of a D??) then we could go all the way.[/quote]
That's the difference between good coaching, and dumbkowski.

This season will almost have been worth it if they finally fire his worthless ass.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='728751' date='Nov 30 2008, 09:28 PM']That's the difference between good coaching, and dumbkowski.

This season will almost have been worth it if they finally fire his worthless ass.[/quote]

Shovelpass X2 :ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728699' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:04 PM']and do you think he would have said any one of those things had this team been winning?

i dont

but i know, i know...it was all about the money.

i dont know why i bother[/quote]

...because some people don't get that they don't get it.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728672' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:38 PM']No. Going to winning team wasn`t it.
Because the Ravens weren`t winning when he got there.
It was having to start over that did it.

And look, you can blame the organization for shit all you want.
The thing is, the players that were thought to be cancers,
continued to throw jabs at the Bengals. The players that weren't, didnt.

And all the player you mentioned were some of the highest
paid players at their positions.

Now you can blame the Front Office, but when do you start
expecting Professional Football players to act professional
and HELP make their team better?

It is easy to go to a good team and make them great.
But it takes a truly great player to help make a bad team great.[/quote]

I think what happens is is pro football players come here expecting the Bengals to be a team like other teams they've played on, whether in college or the NFL. Elite athletes are competitive by nature. It's something of a culture shock for them when they realize that winning or losing don't matter much to the leadership of the franchise. Some players just quietly go about their business, others speak out in a futile attempt to force change. My view is that committment is a two way street and they players are more loyal to the franchise than it deserves.

Archived