Dayton Flyers

Enon Bengal

• 2 months later...
When I was at UD, I hated the team, mostly because of experiences with obnoxious douchebag fans - they make you wish for anything which will bring them pain. But I suppose absence has made the heart grow somewhat fonder. But I still hate Rudy Flyer, and think all mascots with human form are stupid, though.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='746765' date='Feb 15 2009, 05:59 PM']23 and 3

[img]http://www.whiotv.com/2008/1016/17735832_320X180.jpg[/img][/quote]

The nice thing about this, is that Gregory is setting this team up to be good for a long time. I really don't think this is a fluke year. Wright is just a sophmore, both point guards ar juniors as well as M Johnson the shooting guard, and he has recruited well with C Johnson getting good minutes at shooting guard as a freshman. Next year, he'll have Benson, a 6-10 F/C that they had to redshirt after an injury, but who was rated as one of the top 4 big men in the state, and he also gets Cavanuagh from Centerville, who is another 6-10 kid who is rated highly in the state. He has really done a good job at keeping the best of Dayton's high school talent at home. I have personally always envied Xavier, because they seem to recruit well locally, and now we are doing it and it seems to be paying off.

[quote name='kennethmw' post='746873' date='Feb 16 2009, 09:52 AM']The nice thing about this, is that Gregory is setting this team up to be good for a long time. I really don't think this is a fluke year. Wright is just a sophmore, both point guards ar juniors as well as M Johnson the shooting guard, and he has recruited well with C Johnson getting good minutes at shooting guard as a freshman. Next year, he'll have Benson, a 6-10 F/C that they had to redshirt after an injury, but who was rated as one of the top 4 big men in the state, and he also gets Cavanuagh from Centerville, who is another 6-10 kid who is rated highly in the state. He has really done a good job at keeping the best of Dayton's high school talent at home. I have personally always envied Xavier, because they seem to recruit well locally, and now we are doing it and it seems to be paying off.[/quote]

Our problem is we can't shoot worth a damn. Some of that might be because we shuffle people in and out constantly. Now that lets us play a very aggressive defense the whole game, which is why we're 23 and 3, so I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing it, but a lot of games we look like we can't buy a basket. If we don't at least improve our free throw shooting, that will kill us in the tournament.

Archived