WOnder if we will change our jersey style for next year?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='729876' date='Dec 4 2008, 02:53 PM']Every 5 years teams can opt to change up the jersey style, wonder if we will go with something new for 2009? im down for some sort of change, dont need a complete overhaul, just a logo here or there...

if we did, and we had a successful year, sales would be insane...[/quote]

we're the worst team in football and you're worrying about "what dress we're going to wear to the dance"? jesus h. christ, there are so many, much more IMPORTANT things to worry about on this joke of a football team than superficial bullshit like that. mike brown's marketing is even rubbing off on you, now.

[quote name='bengaled' post='730966' date='Dec 8 2008, 05:52 PM']we're the worst team in football and you're worrying about "what dress we're going to wear to the dance"? jesus h. christ, there are so many, much more IMPORTANT things to worry about on this joke of a football team than superficial bullshit like that. mike brown's marketing is even rubbing off on you, now.[/quote]

so don't respond to the frickin' thread? It's not like there's much else to talk about.

[quote name='bengaled' post='730966' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:52 PM']we're the worst team in football and you're worrying about "what dress we're going to wear to the dance"? jesus h. christ, there are so many, much more IMPORTANT things to worry about on this joke of a football team than superficial bullshit like that. mike brown's marketing is even rubbing off on you, now.[/quote]

well first off, blow me, i suppose somehow being a depressed whiny bitch is the only way to live? your right, OH MY GOD we had a shit year there should be nothing but grown men sulking and moaning on and on about how bad life is...

give me a break. thats some pathetic shit....

[quote name='Calvin' post='730295' date='Dec 6 2008, 01:07 PM']I like the look of the inverted helmets and think they would look sweet with the all black unis, but have you ever seen a black bengal tiger with orange stripes ??[/quote]
You have to step back and look at them like just bigger black stripes on the orange.. :ph34r:

[quote name='bengaled' post='730966' date='Dec 8 2008, 04:52 PM']we're the worst team in football and you're worrying about "what dress we're going to wear to the dance"? jesus h. christ, there are so many, much more IMPORTANT things to worry about on this joke of a football team than superficial bullshit like that. mike brown's marketing is even rubbing off on you, now.[/quote]

Wow. Yeah, how dare anyone talk about something besides how crappy the season has been going. I really think you need to sit down with a pen and paper and figure out your priorities in life. If the Bengals cause you so much grief that you can't talk about them without bringing up everything bad about them, then maybe you should take a long vacation from the game of football. This was an absolutely innocent thread with a valid question. Can't there at least be one that doesn't involve everyone bickering with one another?

[quote name='Calvin' post='730295' date='Dec 6 2008, 02:07 PM']I like the look of the inverted helmets and think they would look sweet with the all black unis, but have you ever seen a black bengal tiger with orange stripes ??[/quote]
Yes, and I don't want a helmet change. I'd rather a black helmet with the "B" if there was a change.

That whole "Oh my God there's going to be a change" followed by the unvieling of that fucking "B" was just stupid. I remember thinking, "This should be sweet" and then thinking, "WHAT THE FUCK" ??? Seeing the "B" on the helmet as opposed to EITHER color of stripes would piss me off. I LOVE the stripes on the helmets and love the fact that they are unique compared to some of the others. One of the best helmet changes EVER. I also liked the Tampa Bay helmet change...

[quote name='Calvin' post='731122' date='Dec 9 2008, 02:20 PM']That whole "Oh my God there's going to be a change" followed by the unvieling of that fucking "B" was just stupid. I remember thinking, "This should be sweet" and then thinking, "WHAT THE FUCK" ??? Seeing the "B" on the helmet as opposed to EITHER color of stripes would piss me off. I LOVE the stripes on the helmets and love the fact that they are unique compared to some of the others. One of the best helmet changes EVER. I also liked the Tampa Bay helmet change...[/quote]

they changed the whole uniforms minus the helmets, not just the B, and the B wasnt the big deal, it was just gonna be the primary, they didnt even retire the old ones. i remember the jersey change as the big deal, they did the silly little fashion show thing with players in them as well..

i like the B... and agree id rather it not be on the helmets, theyd ahve to do a bit more to the helmet than just a B

Years ago over at MBS someone had a pro rendering of a design that incorporated the current helmet with a mix of black, charcoal, orange and white that was very tough looking. Wish I had a link.
I also do not like the white stripe or the swoosh stripe on the pants. If those were gone I might like the current duds better.
That said, the 80's duds ala Fulcher in Mully's avatar with the black pants they wore that last year were uber-cool.
I'd take those back in a heartbeat.
Better though not to mess with anything if it ends up being some swooshy mess like The Vikes, or Panthers and especially not the Goodwill specials like Buffalo..

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='731262' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:13 PM']I would like to see a game in the throwback unis. Each team can do it twice right? I know the Jets do that stupid uni twice a year. Should do one with the 70's jersey and one with the 90s jersey.

That or use the black helmet with an the all black uni on those games.[/quote]

teams can wear special uni's twice a year, ours are the orange.. i prefer the orange to the old stuff.... id be ok going orange for home and black away.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='731263' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:14 PM']teams can wear special uni's twice a year, ours are the orange.. i prefer the orange to the old stuff.... id be ok going orange for home and black away.[/quote]

Yeah hard to give up the orange.

But black unis with the inverted helment on MNF might look pretty bad-ass.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='731263' date='Dec 10 2008, 01:14 PM']teams can wear special uni's twice a year, ours are the orange.. i prefer the orange to the old stuff.... id be ok going orange for home and black away.[/quote]
+1 on all counts

I love the orange jerseys, even over the black ones.

I'd go orange and black jerseys for standards, and then maybe old-school white or black for the alternate, myself.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='730991' date='Dec 8 2008, 07:41 PM']well first off, blow me, i suppose somehow being a depressed whiny bitch is the only way to live? your right, OH MY GOD we had a shit year there should be nothing but grown men sulking and moaning on and on about how bad life is...

give me a break. thats some pathetic shit....[/quote]

blow yourself, and make sure you swallow.

i watched a team last week that played in a totally black uniforms, ones with white numbers, uniforms that would probably never fit your high style fashion mode. they weren't pretty at all, but the way they played the game was pretty to me. maybe i'm old school, but it mattered NOT what color their pretty little dresses were, rather how they played the game of football...which was smashmouth.

sulk and moan my ass, what in the hell do you watch this game for...to lose? i was taught differently. i accept no less.

led u cant insult go, cause he knows everything about the bengals and football, us fans know nothing

cue the ebay talk.

I would love to see a real un-biased poll on who thinks go, 1181 and a few others here are blind to whats in front of them. I bet its 4000 to 4. No one likes being negative, but 18 years of losing and seeing the team go backwards is dishartning to many.

oh well, we can always blame the injuries, it seems to make some happy

[quote name='bengaled' post='731948' date='Dec 13 2008, 12:50 AM']blow yourself, and make sure you swallow.

i watched a team last week that played in a totally black uniforms, ones with white numbers, uniforms that would probably never fit your high style fashion mode. they weren't pretty at all, but the way they played the game was pretty to me. maybe i'm old school, but it mattered NOT what color their pretty little dresses were, rather how they played the game of football...which was smashmouth.

sulk and moan my ass, what in the hell do you watch this game for...to lose? i was taught differently. i accept no less.[/quote]

wow, id think a 50 yr old asshole from middle of no where ohio would have better things do to than cry on message boards over a football team.

guess life is a little sub par for you?

i enjoy bengals football, i was born and raised here in cincinnati, and i enjoy football games win or not, family, friends, atmosphere.

luckily for me, i have a decent enough life that football doesnt ruin my week, or day, or hour.. im still gonna talk to my friends about it, still going to enjoy teach my children about it.

and at no point, will be a an old tired sour ass about it.

how pathetic does your life have to get to gripe and complain about pro sports online constantly?

i watch football for entertainment. not to lose, winning is indeed far more entertaining.. but what grown man with any self respect goes on for weeks bitching about a pro sports team losing?

your family must be so proud.

[quote name='rudi32' post='731951' date='Dec 13 2008, 01:11 AM']led u cant insult go, cause he knows everything about the bengals and football, us fans know nothing

cue the ebay talk.

I would love to see a real un-biased poll on who thinks go, 1181 and a few others here are blind to whats in front of them. I bet its 4000 to 4. No one likes being negative, but 18 years of losing and seeing the team go backwards is dishartning to many.

oh well, we can always blame the injuries, it seems to make some happy[/quote]

go fuck yourself. if all your going to do is bitch, then stop posting.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='731952' date='Dec 13 2008, 12:17 AM']wow, id think a 50 yr old asshole from middle of no where ohio would have better things do to than cry on message boards over a football team.

guess life is a little sub par for you?

i enjoy bengals football, i was born and raised here in cincinnati, and i enjoy football games win or not, family, friends, atmosphere.

luckily for me, i have a decent enough life that football doesnt ruin my week, or day, or hour.. im still gonna talk to my friends about it, still going to enjoy teach my children about it.

and at no point, will be a an old tired sour ass about it.

how pathetic does your life have to get to gripe and complain about pro sports online constantly?

i watch football for entertainment. not to lose, winning is indeed far more entertaining.. but what grown man with any self respect goes on for weeks bitching about a pro sports team losing?

your family must be so proud.

go fuck yourself. if all your going to do is bitch, then stop posting.[/quote]

no go, im not bitching

really I am on your side

the bengals are really a good team, its just the football gods are against them, its the injuires, its cause carsons not playing, its the tough schedule, it was the windy game we had, the elbow, the uniforms, the frogs from heaven.....what other ones did I miss?

Im not negative at all, actually I have had a fun season. Watching u is like watching a home owner I saw once on a call. His house was on fire and burning down, but he kept saying, its ok, its the weather, the elbow, the injuries.....broken record

[quote name='rudi32' post='731954' date='Dec 13 2008, 01:29 AM']no go, im not bitching

really I am on your side

the bengals are really a good team, its just the football gods are against them, its the injuires, its cause carsons not playing, its the tough schedule, it was the windy game we had, the elbow, the uniforms, the frogs from heaven.....what other ones did I miss?

Im not negative at all, actually I have had a fun season. Watching u is like watching a home owner I saw once on a call. His house was on fire and burning down, but he kept saying, its ok, its the weather, the elbow, the injuries.....broken record[/quote]

wow.

you should get some help.

its football

same as a house burning.... same thing...

guess now you dont have to [i]pretend[/i] your not gonna post anymore.

[quote name='bengaled' post='731948' date='Dec 12 2008, 11:50 PM']blow yourself, and make sure you swallow.

sulk and moan my ass, what in the hell do you watch this game for...to lose? [b]i was taught differently. i accept no less.[/b][/quote]

yet you start a fight in a thread about the uniforms. ;)

And I'm sorry, what did you lose this season? The team is losing, and that sucks ass. YOU haven't lost anything you haven't willingly given up (for those out there wanting "time" back).

None of us like watching the Bengals lose, and we all want changes. However, none of us are being forced to follow the team and we're welcome to walk away at any point. So don't pretend that you've been wronged in any way.

Archived