!!! THE OFFICIAL REDSKINS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='732417' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:56 PM']2-11-1

It's a beautiful thing![/quote]

[center][img]http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0808/cfb.sec.top.10.players/images/andre-smith.jpg[/img][/center]

:broken: :broken:

But i love a good sunday win!

[quote name='GoCommando' post='732465' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:21 PM']Perhaps we forgot all the terrible games in between the first 100 yard game and this one? Yeah, give him LT money!!!

I can see that he has potential, but lets not jump off the deep end off of the strength of one well-blocked screen. Give him an incentive-laden deal for next year and let him earn the big money throughout next season.[/quote]
It's been obvious to anyone that's cared to watch that Benson has run hard and well, when he has a fucking hole to run through.

Our offensive line actually played above mediocre today and witness the result. Our problems are on the offensive line, by and large. LT, Turner, Peterson, Sanders, etc would all have been stonewalled running behind this line all season.

OK, maybe not Sanders, but you get the point.

[quote name='bengaled' post='732470' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:35 PM']yeah, probably the best all around game we've played all year. the only exception might be that giant's game. we should have beat their asses.[/quote]
Cowboys, too. That was a game we should have won.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='732499' date='Dec 14 2008, 06:13 PM']Philly was a game we perhaps should have won, but we stunk it up for five quarters.

No way was it a good performance. It would have had to have been twice as good just to make it up to fucking awful.[/quote]

My bad didn't mean we played a good game but no doubt we should have won.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='732499' date='Dec 14 2008, 06:13 PM']Philly was a game we perhaps should have won, but we stunk it up for five quarters.

No way was it a good performance. It would have had to have been twice as good just to make it up to fucking awful.[/quote]

yeah, the same point could be made of the dallas game, where we had many lapses that would not constitute a good overall effort. today's overall team effort probably would rank higher than both of those (philly, dallas), at least in my book.

that long time consuming drive at the end of the game, which led to shayne's pressure packed 45 yd field goal, was a thing of beauty, pure icing on the cake, and it sucked the life out of the redskins.

I am glad I didn't trash talk at all this week, even to Jamie who actually knows me. We usually put a dinner bet at HOPS in Alexandria on this game, which he has won in the past, and I didn't think it would be fair this time around because of all the injuries y'all have suffered this season. I guess someone was telling me not to bet anyway despite how bad the Skins needed this win.

I have been a Skins fan since I was 8 years old, so there isn't too much I haven't seen. Portis never got going, y'all had a good game plan to stop him, and the passing game was OK. I will say that if the Skins had got one of 3 INT's they should have received, the momentum may have shifted. Is that an excuse, no, but it's a thought. The Skins committed stupid penalties over and over again. Even Chad Johnson's flick of the football to Portis out of bounds (that isn't taunting, but my thinking is something should have been called since the ball wasn't given to an official or where one could get it) didn't rattle your efforts.

I kept reading over and over again y'all need to sign Benson, yeah, you should.

[quote][size=5][b]Redskins-Bengals game notes[/b][/size]
[size=4][b]Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty doesn't faze Chad; 'It wasn't going to cost us,' receiver says[/b][/size]
By Mark Curnutte • mcurnutte@enquirer.com • December 15, 2008

On a second-and-10 play in the fourth quarter - with the Bengals driving for a game-icing field goal - wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco caught at 11-yard pass for a first down.

Then he went over to the Washington bench and tossed the ball to his Miami, Fla., buddy Clinton Portis, the Washington running back. The act drew a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The Bengals were back to first-and-10 from their 45-yard line.

"It wasn't going to cost us," Ocho Cinco said of the penalty. "I'll always be able to make up for whatever happens. We had fun. We came out explosive. It was a great day today."

Head coach Marvin Lewis wasn't happy with the penalty.

"We've got to be smarter than that," Lewis said. "He knows better than that. It put us at risk."

The Bengals' drive was 16 plays and consumed 7:13 of time.

[b]PALMER UPDATE:[/b] Contrary to a report by Jay Glazer of Fox Sports stating Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is done for the year, club officials released a statement that "no official team decision has been made on Palmer's status for the last two games."

[b]LONG PLAY:[/b] The 79-yard pass play from Ryan Fitzpatrick to tailback Cedric Benson was the longest offensive play of the year for the team. It was a well-executed screen pass that led to the Bengals' second touchdown.

It was the longest pass completion of Fitzpatrick's career and the longest play of Benson's career.

At the end of the first quarter, Benson had 120 yards from scrimmage.

"The blockers got in front of Cedric," Fitzpatrick said. "And it was just good timing. It was set up perfectly, and Cedric just took off."

[b]FIRST DOWNS:[/b] The Bengals had gained 10 first downs before the Redskins were able to get their first with less than nine minutes remaining in the second quarter.

The Bengals finished with 17 first downs, Washington 15. Both teams were 4-for-14 on third down.

[b]CHALLENGE:[/b] Lewis correctly challenged two officials' rulings and had them overturned in review. He is 3-for-4 on the season in successful challenges.

50: The second sack allowed by the Bengals against the Redskins upped to 50 the number given up by Cincinnati this season. The Bengals allowed 17 in 2007, a single-season franchise low.

[b]THREE MORE:[/b] Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh was held to three receptions Sunday for 19 yards. Still, he has 92 catches for 904 yards in 14 games.

[b]CROWD: [/b]The Bengals, despite thousands of empty seats, announced their 43rd consecutive home sellout crowd. It ties a franchise record.

The Bengals will set the franchise record in the season finale Dec. 28 against Kansas City, already slated as a sellout.

The Bengals will be in Cleveland to play the Browns on Sunday.

[b]INACTIVE PLAYERS:[/b] For the Bengals, Palmer - missing his 10th game this season - was the emergency third quarterback.

Also not playing for the Bengals were tailbacks Chris Perry (groin) and Kenny Watson (hamstring), safety Chinedum Ndukwe (foot), guard Evan Mathis, left tackle Levi Jones (hamstring), tight end Ben Utecht (foot) and wide receiver Jerome Simpson.

The Bengals made lineup changes: Anthony Collins started for the fourth game in a row at left tackle for Jones.

Darryl Blackstock started at right defensive end for Antwan Odom, though Odom (shoulder) played after missing four games.

And Kyries Hebert started at strong safety for Ndukwe.[/quote]

[url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081215/SPT02/812150373/1066/rss07"]http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2008121...0373/1066/rss07[/url]

[quote]On a second-and-10 play in the fourth quarter - with the Bengals driving for a game-icing field goal - wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco caught at 11-yard pass for a first down.

Then he went over to the Washington bench and tossed the ball to his Miami, Fla., buddy Clinton Portis, the Washington running back. The act drew a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. The Bengals were back to first-and-10 from their 45-yard line.

"It wasn't going to cost us," Ocho Cinco said of the penalty. "I'll always be able to make up for whatever happens. We had fun. We came out explosive. It was a great day today."

Head coach Marvin Lewis wasn't happy with the penalty.

"We've got to be smarter than that," Lewis said. "He knows better than that. It put us at risk."

The Bengals' drive was 16 plays and consumed 7:13 of time.[/quote]

honestly this was a crap call by the officials. I could see them MAYBE throwing the flag if Portis got upset, but to throw a flag when Portis is sitting there laughing about it? Lame.

Archived