!!! THE OFFICIAL CHIEFS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

I was at the game today....here are my observations.

Fitzpatrick in person, is even worse than on TV. He can run, but he can't throw for shit over 10 yards. His accuracy is just terrible. Glenn Holt was awful all game long, yet they kept throwing to him for reasons unknown. How bad does Jerome Simpson have to be that he can't even get above Holt on the roster? Peko was a beast, he is truely enjoyable to watch in person. The offensive line seemed to do a good job today, but I suspect the Chiefs defense helped them out quite a bit. Benson looks like he'd be pretty solid if he was behind a line that was consistantly good. He makes good cuts and doesn't dance behind the line too much (like Rudi used to). Bob Bratkowski and the second half go together like sand and vaginas. The Bengals offense is just a totally different machine in the second half. I personally don't think a 13 point lead is anything to sit on, but that's just me.

NICE weather, even if it was a bit windy. Where we sat, the wind really never got to us, and I actually got down to just a t-shirt because the sun was roasting me. Tailgated a bit in the lot next to the stadium. Some really cool people over there (though I will pay for eating those spicy mettwursts tomorrow....lol).

The wave was fun, I've actually never seen a GOOD wave at a Bengals game, usually just Reds games. It was a testament to how boring the second half was as the Bengals went into "don't lose" mode (they have been awful in the second half all season long, so why do anything different now?). There was a pretty big crowd at the game, probably mostly because the weather was so nice. I went with a season ticket holder, and I did hear ALOT of season ticket holders saying that they were waiting to see what the Bengals do in the offseason before they make a decision to renew or not. It will be interesting to see if there is a waiting list after this offseason.

The game was good (always nice to see a win), but the halftime show was the funniest shit I have ever seen at a Bengals game. They had a peewee football team play a bunch of Cincinnati mascots and it was cracking everyone up. The Reds mascot tackled a kid and the stadium just erupted in boos...lol. Those kids actually managed to knock the head off of "Erma" (Max and Erma's mascot), which cracked me and the rest of the stadium up. It was truely good stuff!

All in all, a good time! :thumbsup:

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='735774' date='Dec 28 2008, 08:47 PM']I was at the game today....here are my observations.

Fitzpatrick in person, is even worse than on TV. He can run, but he can't throw for shit over 10 yards. His accuracy is just terrible. Glenn Holt was awful all game long, yet they kept throwing to him for reasons unknown. How bad does Jerome Simpson have to be that he can't even get above Holt on the roster? Peko was a beast, he is truely enjoyable to watch in person. The offensive line seemed to do a good job today, but I suspect the Chiefs defense helped them out quite a bit. Benson looks like he'd be pretty solid if he was behind a line that was consistantly good. He makes good cuts and doesn't dance behind the line too much (like Rudi used to). Bob Bratkowski and the second half go together like sand and vaginas. The Bengals offense is just a totally different machine in the second half. I personally don't think a 13 point lead is anything to sit on, but that's just me.

NICE weather, even if it was a bit windy. Where we sat, the wind really never got to us, and I actually got down to just a t-shirt because the sun was roasting me. Tailgated a bit in the lot next to the stadium. Some really cool people over there (though I will pay for eating those spicy mettwursts tomorrow....lol).

The wave was fun, I've actually never seen a GOOD wave at a Bengals game, usually just Reds games. It was a testament to how boring the second half was as the Bengals went into "don't lose" mode (they have been awful in the second half all season long, so why do anything different now?). There was a pretty big crowd at the game, probably mostly because the weather was so nice. I went with a season ticket holder, and I did hear ALOT of season ticket holders saying that they were waiting to see what the Bengals do in the offseason before they make a decision to renew or not. It will be interesting to see if there is a waiting list after this offseason.

The game was good (always nice to see a win), but the halftime show was the funniest shit I have ever seen at a Bengals game. They had a peewee football team play a bunch of Cincinnati mascots and it was cracking everyone up. The Reds mascot tackled a kid and the stadium just erupted in boos...lol. Those kids actually managed to knock the head off of "Erma" (Max and Erma's mascot), which cracked me and the rest of the stadium up. It was truely good stuff!

All in all, a good time! :thumbsup:[/quote]

I was there, too, and it was a good day to watch a game. I was able to take my youngest son as well as a younger cousin to their first Pro game, and the had a friggin' ball. I have to agree with you wholeheartdly on both Fitz and Benson, but as my oldest son who plays college ball said, Fitz didn't turn down USC or O state to go to Harvard!! I was impressed with Benson. He stuck his foot in the ground and got everything he could get on every run.

I felt the D played pretty damn good. I would have like to see them be able to get pressure on the QB without blitzing, but I am really looking forward to having Odom and Geathers outside, with Peko and Sims inside play in and play out. I also liked the way the oline played, and think we could have a good nucleus there. Still need a center, though and probably a LT, but I think we have some depth and flexibility.

I was probably most impressed with Caldwell. He looked like he's been there before. I can't wait to have him healthy for a full season with Carson throwing him the ball.

Btw, doing the wave was pretty Cool!!

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='735774' date='Dec 28 2008, 08:47 PM']Those kids actually managed to knock the head off of "Erma" (Max and Erma's mascot), which cracked me and the rest of the stadium up. It was truely good stuff!

All in all, a good time! :thumbsup:[/quote]

i should of been there with my Fondue Pot Mascot <_<

[quote name='happyrid' post='735447' date='Dec 28 2008, 02:44 PM']definitely a block in the back there on Collins, we got lucky. or sort of unlucky since I think we might be better off losing.[/quote]

That block in the back was pretty obvious; however, I believe that blocks in the back are allowed along the line of scrimmage...don't know it that's plus/minus one yard or more...

...any input from the rules experts????? :huh:

[quote name='Cricket' post='735817' date='Dec 28 2008, 08:11 PM']That block in the back was pretty obvious; however, I believe that blocks in the back are allowed along the line of scrimmage...don't know it that's plus/minus one yard or more...

...any input from the rules experts????? :huh:[/quote]

I am not sure really. I know in College (and high school) there are zones
(like a few yards on either side of the snap and a few yards behind the line)
that allow blocking in the back. I am not sure if the same rules apply to the NFL.
I would think they do.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='735878' date='Dec 28 2008, 11:03 PM']lol got a lot of hot chicks that work there, they were all interviewd by me one by one :)[/quote]

yeah thats what you were saying, i only got to see the one though and i'd like to dip my bread in that fondue. ^_^

Certainly a good way to end the season. We scrounged up 16 tickets and took 12 8-10 year old boys to the game. I got to sit in section 313 which is WAY better than my typical 334. Observations:

1. Caldwell is a very good receiver. He will be our #2 most likely next season. Maybe #1 but I doubt it.

2. Benson may have cost MB some extra cash yesterday. He is MUCH better than anything we have had lately. Runs hard and doesn't screw around in the backfield. Made some nice catches too.

3. Chris Henry is just not a good receiver at this point. Don't know why. He basically runs the same route most of the game.

4. The crowd really surprised me. Much larger than Cleveland's pathetic last home game last weekend. Crowd was very into the game which was great to see. Even the nose bleed sections had very good turnout.

5. I think Fitz played pretty well considering he is an Ivy league backup. He is certainly a much better backup than Cleveland's number 4 QB :lol:

6. The goal line stand at the end was great. Too bad they had the interference call since Gonzales probably would not have gotten in even if he caught it. Still, the crowd was still rockin at the very end of the game trying to help the d get the shutout.

All in all it was a fun way to end the season. Good game with some good hard running and our defense looked like they were having a blast. Hopefully something to build on.

Archived