Go Buckeyes

STRAYCAT

this game's over, and tressel has no one to blame but himself. Ultra conservative playcalling equals no movement on offense and a tired defense. They left 6 points on the field in the first half and can't keep their D off the field in the second half. I thought we'd see more passing today. You saw a huge improvement in Pryor in his passing after the bye week. I thought we'd see it here too, but they are putting him in shitty spots.

It's really time for Tressel to stop calling the plays.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='737874' date='Jan 5 2009, 10:52 PM']this game's over, and tressel has no one to blame but himself. Ultra conservative playcalling equals no movement on offense and a tired defense. They left 6 points on the field in the first half and can't keep their D off the field in the second half. I thought we'd see more passing today. You saw a huge improvement in Pryor in his passing after the bye week. I thought we'd see it here too, but they are putting him in shitty spots.

It's really time for Tressel to stop calling the plays.[/quote]

DING DING DING!!!!!!! Tressell ball is turning into losing ball. Consistently out coached, if he doesn't want Pryor throwing the damn ball, then put someone in who can.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='737885' date='Jan 5 2009, 11:49 PM']Wow, the Buckeyes are really good at kicking their fans in the nuts during bowl games.[/quote]

It's almost like being a Bengals fan, but they actually make it to the "post season".... :mellow:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='737889' date='Jan 5 2009, 11:59 PM']nope. Surprised they just didn't let it be a non-call.

Wasted opportunities in the first half (6 points) by OSU was the difference in this game.[/quote]

Don't think it had any effect on the game at all, just wondering. Too bad they missed the 51 yarder in the first half. Hartline (please tell me he is a senior) dropping the 1st down hurt as well which resulted in the second field goal. Pretty much losing Wells in the 2nd half hurt (Please don't draft him) and not going to QB Todd B. sooner was bad on Tressel's part. 2 Fourth down spots were murder, both by the guy by the chains, one from the complete other side of the field on the 4th and 3 at the end of the game. I thought it was a 1st down, but can't see how they changed that spot, as the original spot before review. Also, #21 reminds me Ohelete out there, so I can see him as a Bengal in 2 years when he graduates. Finally, on the last drive, they probably should have done their best to play for a field goal and work the clock better once we got in range. Left way too much time on the clock.

On the bright side, we hung with a National Championship contender, which is a lot better then we did against USC & LSU & Florida. That means, If I'm in Vegas, I'd put my paycheck on Florida, cause they are going to kill Oaklahoma. So in tradition of my choice of teams that tend to lose, GO SOONERS!!!!!! :)

[quote name='Quaker' post='737914' date='Jan 6 2009, 06:11 AM']Sweater Vest might have just put one foot out the door of OSU.

Tressel Ball sucks, 3 big BCS games, 3 losses.[/quote]

Tressel is in absolutely no danger of losing his job whatsoever. He does need to give up playcalling duties though.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='737905' date='Jan 6 2009, 02:47 AM']So..

Where the hell were the safeties on that play??[/quote]

they were in blitzing. I never saw who missed the tackle, was it Chekwa? Couldn't make out the number. I'll disagree akili, as I thought Chekwa played a good game outside of that one play. I don't know why they continued to blitz McCoy, it clearly wasn't working as he was throwing quick passes all game in their up-tempo offense.

Archived