Go Buckeyes

STRAYCAT

That was a heartbreaker.
A heartbreaker is better than a blow out loss.
Because in a blowout, no one has any heart invested.
But losses still suck.

Tressel has been very disappointing against non Big 10 teams.
And that shit needs to change with a quickness.

Oh, and eat shit Dan and Thurman. Coming in here just to hate.
Rooting for teams just because they aren`t the Buckeyes.
Butt sniffing skillet lickers.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='737921' date='Jan 6 2009, 10:44 PM']they were in blitzing. I never saw who missed the tackle, was it Chekwa? Couldn't make out the number. I'll disagree akili, as I thought Chekwa played a good game outside of that one play. I don't know why they continued to blitz McCoy, it clearly wasn't working as he was throwing quick passes all game in their up-tempo offense.[/quote]
No. The LBs were in tight to the line, and the safety was crept up pretty close in what looked like a shallow zone. As soon as the receiver running the slant had half a step on him, it was over.

Honestly, Texas couldn't have asked to face a better coverage. Right after they'd hit what appeared to be the exact same play on the previous snap. Odd choice of coverage to say the least,

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='737921' date='Jan 6 2009, 07:44 AM']they were in blitzing. I never saw who missed the tackle, was it Chekwa? Couldn't make out the number. I'll disagree akili, as I thought Chekwa played a good game outside of that one play. I don't know why they continued to blitz McCoy, it clearly wasn't working as he was throwing quick passes all game in their up-tempo offense.[/quote]

I think it was Russell, #21, who I am not a big fan of.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='737929' date='Jan 6 2009, 08:01 AM']No. The LBs were in tight to the line, and the safety was crept up pretty close in what looked like a shallow zone. As soon as the receiver running the slant had half a step on him, it was over.

Honestly, Texas couldn't have asked to face a better coverage. Right after they'd hit what appeared to be the exact same play on the previous snap. Odd choice of coverage to say the least,[/quote]

it was a horrible playcall. Why play like it was a 4th and 1 when you knew they needed a touchdown and you could get burnt?

[quote name='Quaker' post='737914' date='Jan 6 2009, 06:11 AM']Sweater Vest might have just put one foot out the door of OSU.

Tressel Ball sucks, 3 big BCS games, 3 losses.[/quote]

What an ignorant statement.

With 3 NC appearances with one win (people seem to forget that) and the fact that he's practically undefeated against Michigan?

Ignorant...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='737936' date='Jan 7 2009, 12:20 AM']it was a horrible playcall. Why play like it was a 4th and 1 when you knew they needed a touchdown and you could get burnt?[/quote]
:shrug: I've been wondering the same thing since the moment it happened. And I still have no answer.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='737956' date='Jan 6 2009, 10:22 AM']:shrug: I've been wondering the same thing since the moment it happened. And I still have no answer.[/quote]

If Anderson Russel makes the tackle it's not an issue.

A loss is a loss, and I'm not "happy" but they played very well against a good team, so I'm not as bothered by that loss as I was the LSU, Florida, and USC losses.

I was expecting Terrelle to develop more as a passer after the long layoff though.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='737921' date='Jan 6 2009, 08:44 AM']they were in blitzing. I never saw who missed the tackle, was it Chekwa? Couldn't make out the number. I'll disagree akili, as I thought Chekwa played a good game outside of that one play. I don't know why they continued to blitz McCoy, it clearly wasn't working as he was throwing quick passes all game in their up-tempo offense.[/quote]

You are joking right? Chekwa gave up at least half of the pass yardage if not more, he got beat all frickin day. Everytime they completed a pass we would look up and it was Chekwa in coverage. You really have to go watch the game again if you think Chekwa played even just bad. It wasnt just bad, it was horrendous.

However, he didnt miss the tackle on the play, it was anderson russell, and if he makes that tackle we are in pretty decent shape to win the game.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='737975' date='Jan 6 2009, 11:28 AM']You are joking right? Chekwa gave up at least half of the pass yardage if not more, he got beat all frickin day. Everytime they completed a pass we would look up and it was Chekwa in coverage. You really have to go watch the game again if you think Chekwa played even just bad. It wasnt just bad, it was horrendous.

However, he didnt miss the tackle on the play, it was anderson russell, and if he makes that tackle we are in pretty decent shape to win the game.[/quote]

they were playing a bend-don't break style of defense, giving Texas the short routes. Our corners weren't playing an aggressive style against the WR's.

Archived