* Anyone else think hobson is a stupid shitbag? *

I ahvent liked hobsons writing for a long while, i havent exactly hid that feeling either. But its grown to a new level. I think most fans are smart enough to understand and recognize "company lingo" when they see it, and in many cases, kind of want or expect some inside man fluff when reading "from the source"

it seems to be Hobson is bitter and doesnt really enjoy his job, he spends much of his week writing mediocre articles with jabs at the team or personnel. Aside from the near zero effort he puts into his "articles" all of them have some lame brained zesty title, which is quite frustrating to use on nearly every article. once a month or so would probably be ok.

but "as the bengals watch the ravens in the playoffs this week"

isnt EXACTLY what you want to or expect to see from bengals.com i would think "as the ravens move forward and the bengals gear up for palmers return in 2009"

you would think the Bengals would prefer to have someone that gives interest and some excitement to the fanbase to make them eager for the upcoming offseason and season. instead we get response to fans like" yea, never since we drafted willie and munoz have the bengals been so fucking shitty at OLINE" which frankly, isnt exactly truth, and certainly, no one is telling him such things. a pick or two or pick and FA and the line could be golden again.

shouldnt he be spinning shit? i not only expect him to, but i prefer he would, there are enough news sources out there to get info from, and frnakly for several years its all been sour grapes whether we are good or bad, you would think the bengals PR folks would prefer that info coming from them directly be positive?

its funny how stupid people always called out hobson for spinning cap info and spending, simply because they couldnt wrap their little minds around how the cap actually works. but hobson doesnt even seem to LIKE the bengals, let alone feel like spinning anything in their favor.

he was the fagbag proddong henry about getting in trouble in the offseason and even said "year but its the offseason where you had all your troubles"

dude FUCK YOU hobson.. what kind of spineless asshole pokes at the teams own players negative pasts?

you think some dallas website guy is like "hey pacman you smack some bitches and shoot some motherfuckers tihs weekend?"

no.. they spun the fuck out of it.. and made it all seem harmless until the end.. and at that point, its a pacman problem, not a cowboys problem. cause they backed him positiveln and then dropped him, they look like the good guys..

while the bengals get the shit wrap for years after any legal issues from long ago..

i hate hobson.. he is AWFUL at his job, and uses NONE of his resources to get even remotely good articles... the only good pieces i THOUGHT he wrote in recent years were pieces other nfl folks were running for all teams and he using quotes and info from... like the following around madieu and tab? or someone elses in the offseason...

the dude sucks..

Eh, I'd rather have an informative, honest article than some homer BS. I mean the O Line was certifiably shitty. We scored 12 freaking points a game this year, gave up a ton of sacks and couldn't run the ball worth shit (until the last 2 games). So Hobson's okay in my book. He's actually been improving if anything.

The Bengals need to put together a first class offseason. It needs to include at least one bigtime FA from outside the organization. They need to figure out what is up at WR. Keep either Chad or TJ for the long haul, but not both. Improve the lines on both sides of the ball.

Hobson's probably cool to write whatever he wants anyway since Mikey is too cheap to pay his severance.

[quote name='happyrid' post='738814' date='Jan 9 2009, 11:57 PM']Eh, I'd rather have an informative, honest article than some homer BS. I mean the O Line was certifiably shitty. We scored 12 freaking points a game this year, gave up a ton of sacks and couldn't run the ball worth shit (until the last 2 games). So Hobson's okay in my book. He's actually been improving if anything.

The Bengals need to put together a first class offseason. It needs to include at least one bigtime FA from outside the organization. They need to figure out what is up at WR. Keep either Chad or TJ for the long haul, but not both. Improve the lines on both sides of the ball.

Hobson's probably cool to write whatever he wants anyway since Mikey is too cheap to pay his severance.[/quote]

hobson has never written an informative or honest article.... its all bitter snide backhanded comments...

i would LOVE an informative honest article...

and your "mikes too cheap" comment makes your opinion pretty worthless anyway i suppose... how tired is that BS?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='738811' date='Jan 9 2009, 11:49 PM']I ahvent liked hobsons writing for a long while, i havent exactly hid that feeling either. But its grown to a new level. I think most fans are smart enough to understand and recognize "company lingo" when they see it, and in many cases, kind of want or expect some inside man fluff when reading "from the source"

it seems to be Hobson is bitter and doesnt really enjoy his job, he spends much of his week writing mediocre articles with jabs at the team or personnel. Aside from the near zero effort he puts into his "articles" all of them have some lame brained zesty title, which is quite frustrating to use on nearly every article. once a month or so would probably be ok.

but "as the bengals watch the ravens in the playoffs this week"

isnt EXACTLY what you want to or expect to see from bengals.com i would think "as the ravens move forward and the bengals gear up for palmers return in 2009"

you would think the Bengals would prefer to have someone that gives interest and some excitement to the fanbase to make them eager for the upcoming offseason and season. instead we get response to fans like" yea, never since we drafted willie and munoz have the bengals been so fucking shitty at OLINE" which frankly, isnt exactly truth, and certainly, no one is telling him such things. a pick or two or pick and FA and the line could be golden again.

shouldnt he be spinning shit? i not only expect him to, but i prefer he would, there are enough news sources out there to get info from, and frnakly for several years its all been sour grapes whether we are good or bad, you would think the bengals PR folks would prefer that info coming from them directly be positive?

its funny how stupid people always called out hobson for spinning cap info and spending, simply because they couldnt wrap their little minds around how the cap actually works. but hobson doesnt even seem to LIKE the bengals, let alone feel like spinning anything in their favor.

he was the fagbag proddong henry about getting in trouble in the offseason and even said "year but its the offseason where you had all your troubles"

dude FUCK YOU hobson.. what kind of spineless asshole pokes at the teams own players negative pasts?

you think some dallas website guy is like "hey pacman you smack some bitches and shoot some motherfuckers tihs weekend?"

no.. they spun the fuck out of it.. and made it all seem harmless until the end.. and at that point, its a pacman problem, not a cowboys problem. cause they backed him positiveln and then dropped him, they look like the good guys..

while the bengals get the shit wrap for years after any legal issues from long ago..

i hate hobson.. he is AWFUL at his job, and uses NONE of his resources to get even remotely good articles... the only good pieces i THOUGHT he wrote in recent years were pieces other nfl folks were running for all teams and he using quotes and info from... like the following around madieu and tab? or someone elses in the offseason...

the dude sucks..[/quote]

I stopped reading after the first paragraph. Hobson is given editorial control on a company website. Almost unheard of. He questions the status quo often and doesnt always give fluff PR pieces. Anyone who understands journalism or PR sees that he is an asset and not a liability and the Bengals were actually progressive in hiring this type of professional and allowing opinion driven content on a corporation website. You should be happy he is not spinning shit and not hoping he would.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='738829' date='Jan 10 2009, 12:52 AM']I stopped reading after the first paragraph. Hobson is given editorial control on a company website. Almost unheard of. He questions the status quo often and doesnt always give fluff PR pieces. Anyone who understands journalism or PR sees that he is an asset and not a liability and the Bengals were actually progressive in hiring this type of professional and allowing opinion driven content on a corporation website. You should be happy he is not spinning shit and not hoping he would.[/quote]

I agree tbh. I read the whole original post though. ^_^ I do agree on prodding Henry though, that's just dick and a waste of time. Seriously, what good response, for [i]anyone[/i], comes of that question? So I agree with Go there. His headlines are indeed terrible, as well. :lol:

Hobson suffers from the same shit most sports writers do- they're all frustrated because they're writing about sports instead of doing some "real investigative journalism." What's this bullshit about liking his "honest" approach.

For fuck's sake, everyone in the local sports media shits on the Bengals. Go look at any Enquirer Sunday edition, and you'll find at least one article in the sports section with some local frustrated asshole writing about how great the opponent is compared to the Bengals, with some "this is how teams succeed" comparison. They get their first Monday night appearance in like 50 fuckin' years and there's an article in the paper titled "Please don't embarass us!"

They're just pandering to all you sad-sacks that think the team is hopeless but act like there's no choice but to watch them, like it's some kind of sacred tribal obligation. I mean yeh this season sucked, but damn... Do you really need some rehashed bullshit week-in, week-out? You look at the local coverage for other teams and yeh, they're gonna bash the teams when they're shitty, but it's not just some constant cry-fest. There's at least a sense that the writer likes football, and the team, and a sense of disappointment when they lose.

Read the shit around here though and these clownshoe assholes are practically gloating. Why, because Marvin hurt their widdle feelings? He's not some ass-kissing PR man, he's a football coach. You think he treats the local media like shit because he's just some mean-spirited dick? Or could it be that maybe, just maybe, the local sports media are a bunch of fucking self-serving jackals trying to bait him into making some reactionary remark so they can all justify their piss-poor attitudes, and he's too smart to do that so now they have this adversarial relationship?

Look at local Reds coverage by comparison and tell me there's not a double standard. Hey guess what; THE REDS SUCK TOO. Yet somehow they get a pass because lardass hipster C. Trent Rosencrans can gourge himself on dollar hot dogs. What's with the fuckin' first-initial shit anyway? Hey asshole, your name is TRENT. Can you possibly be any more pretentious?

[quote name='T-Dub' post='738836' date='Jan 10 2009, 04:33 AM']Hobson suffers from the same shit most sports writers do- they're all frustrated because they're writing about sports instead of doing some "real investigative journalism." What's this bullshit about liking his "honest" approach.

For fuck's sake, everyone in the local sports media shits on the Bengals. Go look at any Enquirer Sunday edition, and you'll find at least one article in the sports section with some local frustrated asshole writing about how great the opponent is compared to the Bengals, with some "this is how teams succeed" comparison. They get their first Monday night appearance in like 50 fuckin' years and there's an article in the paper titled "Please don't embarass us!"

They're just pandering to all you sad-sacks that think the team is hopeless but act like there's no choice but to watch them, like it's some kind of sacred tribal obligation. I mean yeh this season sucked, but damn... Do you really need some rehashed bullshit week-in, week-out? You look at the local coverage for other teams and yeh, they're gonna bash the teams when they're shitty, but it's not just some constant cry-fest. There's at least a sense that the writer likes football, and the team, and a sense of disappointment when they lose.

Read the shit around here though and these clownshoe assholes are practically gloating. Why, because Marvin hurt their widdle feelings? He's not some ass-kissing PR man, he's a football coach. You think he treats the local media like shit because he's just some mean-spirited dick? Or could it be that maybe, just maybe, the local sports media are a bunch of fucking self-serving jackals trying to bait him into making some reactionary remark so they can all justify their piss-poor attitudes, and he's too smart to do that so now they have this adversarial relationship?

Look at local Reds coverage by comparison and tell me there's not a double standard. Hey guess what; THE REDS SUCK TOO. Yet somehow they get a pass because lardass hipster C. Trent Rosencrans can gourge himself on dollar hot dogs. What's with the fuckin' first-initial shit anyway? Hey asshole, your name is TRENT. Can you possibly be any more pretentious?[/quote]

[img]http://bullseyevaluation.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/bullseye.22112600_std.jpg[/img]

[quote]he was the fagbag proddong henry about getting in trouble in the offseason and even said "year but its the offseason where you had all your troubles"

dude FUCK YOU hobson.. what kind of spineless asshole pokes at the teams own players negative pasts?[/quote]

How exactly is Hobson wrong in his question/comment?

Henry HAS gotten into trouble during the offseasons.

How is it not a fair question/truthful comment?

Poor wittle Chris Henry, always so unfairly treated.

[quote name='Quaker' post='738842' date='Jan 10 2009, 04:37 AM']How exactly is Hobson wrong in his question/comment?

Henry HAS gotten into trouble during the offseasons.

How is not a fair question/truthful comment?

Poor wittle Chris Henry, always so unfairly treated.[/quote]

He first got arrested in December of 2005.
That was during the season.
And when he was with Odell, that was during the season.

It is true that most of his troubles have come in the offseason though.

Anyway, I wish I had Hobson's job. Then I would be getting paid for you all to hate me. B)

Hmmm. I like that he has editorial freedom. I like that he doesn't just write fluff. Anyone who's gone onto other teams websites and read the tripe that passes for an article on the 31 other sites (hello Old) knows what I mean.

However, I dislike intensely his obsession with talking about our AFC North rivals. Constantly bringing up the Stealers or whomever. Just lunacy.

So when he's not pretending that we're all rooting for other AFCN teams to win because we're out, then I actually like what he has to say. It's informative-ish, it's realistic (yes the o has sucked balls this year, get over it) and it's not just sycophantic.

But calling out Henry or saying that the Bengals are watching the Ravens, fuck that.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='738811' date='Jan 9 2009, 11:49 PM'][/quote]

Your title says it all.

For your amusement, I caught a brief interview with Trumpy where he pimped Hobschit on the air
by saying "You mean Gee Off?" in his typical snarky snide cynical way.
Kind of funny and perhaps one of those "you had to be there" deals but Hobshit will forever be
Gee Off to me from here on out.

And I am aware that for Trumpy to pimp anyone like Gee Off, pots calling kettles black and all that
kind of thing.

Still, every time Gee Off interviews a player or Marvin I keep waiting for him to ask something
like "what's your favorite color?" or "what's your sign?" which, come to think of it, might be more
valid than "how do you think we're going to do this week, coach?" Well, freakin' DUH. What do you
think he's going to say? "Lose quick so the team diddy boppers can go clubbin'"?

[quote name='T-Dub' post='738836' date='Jan 10 2009, 05:33 AM']Look at local Reds coverage by comparison and tell me there's not a double standard. Hey guess what; THE REDS SUCK TOO. Yet somehow they get a pass because lardass hipster C. Trent Rosencrans can gourge himself on dollar hot dogs. What's with the fuckin' first-initial shit anyway? Hey asshole, your name is TRENT. Can you possibly be any more pretentious?[/quote]

I think everyone realizes that baseball teams is small markets are at a huge disadvantage unless they have a independently ultra wealthy owner or just get very lucky one year. The Reds have no chance of matching the salary of the Cubs or Houston and being in the ONLY 6 team division is fair considering the American League West only has 4 teams.

The Reds have little chance of ever doing much and everyone knows it.

Every headline features incredible corny cringe-inducing wordplay

Around Christmas he had an article called Deck The Hall after Leon Halls 3 pick game

get it? Deck the halls..........like christmas..........and his last name is hall.......get it..........naw you guys probably wouldn't get it. It's that witty wordplay only the brightest few pick up on

[quote name='T-Dub' post='738836' date='Jan 10 2009, 05:33 AM']...THE REDS SUCK TOO. Yet somehow they get a pass because lardass hipster C. Trent Rosencrans can gourge himself on dollar hot dogs. [b]What's with the fuckin' first-initial shit anyway? Hey asshole, your name is TRENT. Can you possibly be any more pretentious?[/b][/quote]

Seriously, are you ragging on a guy because of his name? <_<

...using his first initial makes him pretentious? :huh:

A good friend of mine did an internship with the Enquirer and covered the Bengals press conferences and locker room interviews. He said matter of factly that Hobson is a douchebag that all the other reporters hate A) because he rubs it in people's faces that he gets exclusive time with the players B) won't share information with other reporters, and C) shows up late to most things and ends up hogging question time because he has priority.

Even with all that access, he sucks. He writes like a junior in high school trying to impress his chubby English teacher.

Archived