New Gameday Thread

Bengals1181

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='782169' date='Jun 24 2009, 05:29 PM']Volquez looks like he is gonna be out till the allstar break...

Bailey should get the start Saturday, and might get 3 starts before the break.

Hopefully Bailey can stay up for good this time, then figure out what to do when Edison gets back.[/quote]

This team needs to stop fucking around with its big time prospects. Call up Bailey and Maloney and LET THEM LEARN. In order to learn they need time and they have to have ups and downs. We let Bruce play all last year and are letting him work through it this year. I swear this team is ran by fucking idiots no matter who we sign to run them.

Arroyo needs to be rid of. Owings needs to become an MR and backup OF. Owings doesnt have the control to pitch a lot of innings, he would be perfect in a reliever role where he only has to pitch an inning or 2 and he can be a long term mop up guy. Plus he can also be used as a bat more often too. These 2 moves open spots for Bailey and Maloney. When Volquez comes back we can shop Harang if Bailey and Maloney are showing progress. Plus Darryl Thompson should be back in AAA in a couple of weeks for the remainder of the year and he showed last year that he has MLB starting ability. Harang and Arroyo make too much money and are too old to really matter for this team right now. Might as well trade the two of them to add to this franchises depth.

They need to take EE off the DL and start him Saturday, along with Bailey and hope those guys plus Votto can bring a resurgence to the team. If they cant put a string of wins together by the mid end of july, then definitely trade some of the older guys ala harang and votto.

Im not saying give up on the season at the end of july, im just saying we might be able to win as many games with our younger players in like Stubbs, Bailey, Maloney, etc.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='782240' date='Jun 25 2009, 07:59 AM']I think you're seeing the death of the Reds season here and now.[/quote]

I wouldn't say that just yet. If they can stay close long enough to get healthy, I don't see anyone in this division good enough to run away with it.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='782273' date='Jun 25 2009, 12:31 PM']They need to take EE off the DL and start him Saturday, along with Bailey and hope those guys plus Votto can bring a resurgence to the team. If they cant put a string of wins together by the mid end of july, then definitely trade some of the older guys ala harang and [b]votto.
[/b]
Im not saying give up on the season at the end of july, im just saying we might be able to win as many games with our younger players in like Stubbs, Bailey, Maloney, etc.[/quote]
I must be reading this wrong somehow.
Are u saying we should trade Votto???

[quote name='Elflocko' post='782363' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:19 PM']Well, nice to see Votto hasn't missed a beat.

A triple away from the cycle.

I don't think anyone can argue that this guy is the team's MVP...[/quote]

4 for 4 with a homer, double, 2 singles 3 rbis...tough to see Johnny blowing a 4 run lead though.

OH well, hopefully the bullpen will lock down the win for him

[quote name='Elflocko' post='782363' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:19 PM']Well, nice to see Votto hasn't missed a beat.

A triple away from the cycle.

I don't think anyone can argue that this guy is the team's MVP...[/quote]

Vottos missed about a month and hes still near the top in RBIs for the Reds.

Phillips has 48
Bruce has 38
Votto has 36

Its early but Homer hit 95 on the radar on a K to end the first inning. Hopefully thats accurate cause thats nice.

Bruce with a solo shot in the second...

EDIT: Apparently he is hitting close to 97 or 98 MPH on the progessive field radar gun...One thing I have noticed is that hell get ahead of a hitter and then instead of just getting the guy to get out he'll try to get the strike out too often and sometimes end up losing the batter.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='782654' date='Jun 27 2009, 07:39 PM']Its early but Homer hit 95 on the radar on a K to end the first inning. Hopefully thats accurate cause thats nice.

Bruce with a solo shot in the second...

EDIT: Apparently he is hitting close to 97 or 98 MPH on the progessive field radar gun...One thing I have noticed is that hell get ahead of a hitter and then instead of just getting the guy to get out he'll try to get the strike out too often and sometimes end up losing the batter.[/quote]
typical young pitcher

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='782670' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:36 AM']typical young pitcher[/quote]

True, plus the fucking home plate ump was tighter then miley cyrus...seriously the ump wasnt calling any close strikes, give Homer a few games and he'll be much more in control I would imagine. He was barely hit tonight, get him to throw strikes and he could be dominant.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='782672' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:41 AM']True, plus the fucking home plate ump was tighter then miley cyrus...seriously the ump wasnt calling any close strikes, give Homer a few games and he'll be much more in control I would imagine. He was barely hit tonight, get him to throw strikes and he could be dominant.[/quote]

if the reds had anyone intelligent running them homer and maloney would be put in the rotation and allowed to grow as players instead of shuffling back and forth. this team is fucking morons with prospects.

i have to say there is no way miley cyrus is tight.

Archived