New Gameday Thread

Bengals1181

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='782702' date='Jun 28 2009, 02:16 PM']According to Indians GM Mark Shapiro we were one of the last three teams in the race for Mark DeRosa.

Obviously we didnt get him but its nice to see that Jocketty is trying to improve this ballclub.[/quote]

Too bad he went to the Cards. We'll see him again in a few days.

A couple guys I think we should look at are Vernon Wells and Alex Rios...both Right handed hitting outfielders that we can plug in near the middle of the lineup. Neither are having great years, but still could help. Apparently the Jays might shop them around so they can save money for halladay.

Kind of a big series starting tonight...obviously the weekend series vs the Cards is a lot more important but I think we need as much momentum going into that series as possible.

The dbacks arent that good and we should be able to win 2 out of 3. A sweep would be huge. But im getting a little ahead of myself, first things first we need to be a pretty damn good pitcher tonight in Dan Haren.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783001' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:45 PM']God can we please get rid of Bronson Arroyo?[/quote]
X2.

He is garbage. A model of inconsistency that only manages wins when our offense, as pathetic as it is, happens to show up when he pitches, for whatever reason.

Wins/losses are a terrible way to judge a pitcher. Look at the stud that just killed us tonight. Haren is awesome, but the DBacks offense sucks as bad as ours does.

We need to never play Rosales or Taveras again and just committ whole-heartedly to the youth movement.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='783083' date='Jul 1 2009, 01:08 PM']He IS hurt. His carpel tunnel problem is back.[/quote]
I thought his larynx got crushed by an angry fan and now he can't sing anymore JTM commercials?

Then put him on the fucking DL or something, stop throwing him out there every five days to get crushed.

Hes given up 5 or more runs in 5 of his last 10 starts, which pretty much gives his team no chance to win.

There are probably 5 guys in our minor league system that can pitch better then him right now.

[quote name='Jason' post='783149' date='Jul 1 2009, 10:36 PM']Dammit Jay, that's what you have a third base coach for!!!![/quote]

Bases loaded no outs and didnt score...

I missed what happened with Jay, did he not go when he should have or something?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783157' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:00 PM']Reds win 1-0. Great pitching performance tonight.

Another shitty performance by the offense though. We wont stay in the race hitting like this.[/quote]
What a nailbiter with Rhodes having bases loaded in the seventh, though.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783152' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:40 PM']Bases loaded no outs and didnt score...

I missed what happened with Jay, did he not go when he should have or something?[/quote]

Yep. He was on second when someone hit a single to center. There was no way the CF was going to catch the ball on the fly, but he stopped halfway between second and third to watch the ball. Had he been paying attention to the 3rd base coach instead, he would have scored EASILY.

We scored a run in the 4th to tie it up 1-1 thanks to dickerson, Gomes, and Hanigan (good thing they are in the lineup everyday, oh wait...)

Then had bases loaded no outs later in the inning and Harang (excusable), Taveras (inexcusable), and Hairston (semi excusable since there were 2 outs) all got out without getting the go ahead run in.

Hairston and Taveras both suck and having them bat 1-2 kills our lineup.

Its incredible how bad our offense is...

Its tough for this team to win with Taveras Hairston and Janish in the lineup...you are pretty much batting with only your 3-7 hitters, and on must days bruce isnt any better. Tough to score when only a few of the guys in your lineup produce runs.

We really have no hope until EE is back and Taveras starts batting 8 or not at all.

Archived