New Gameday Thread

Bengals1181

1st and 2nd no outs...middle of the order...

We are either gonna have a devastating loss or a big win...depends on if we can hit for once this game.

EDIT: Yeah! We actually scored...barely by the sounds of it as Sutton hit into a FC, im guessing it was close to a double play.

Now we are probably gonna go into extras with nobody on the bench because we used all of our pinch hitters. What are the odds of scoring a run?

[quote name='Jason' post='783321' date='Jul 2 2009, 04:41 PM']They tied it up.[/quote]

According to Yahoo we have 21 guys LOB.

According to this website the major league record is 20. Whoo hoo we set a record!

[url="http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/left_on_base_records.shtml"]http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/l...e_records.shtml[/url]

Thank fucking god for Joey votto.

I dont even know what to say about this game...it was a big win, but at the same time its incredible it even made it to this point.

Message to Walt Jocketty, this team could be really fucking good. Go out and get someone, ANYONE to help out Joey and this pitching staff and maybe the one or two other guys on this team that can hit.

Taveras and Hairston go fuck yourselves.

PS Joey Votto had as many hits as the dbacks today and it still took 10 innings.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783328' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:57 PM']I dont think the game is on TV...at least not here in cbus. Did you see the play or just hear it?[/quote]

Neither. ESPN Gamecast.

[quote name='Jason' post='783335' date='Jul 2 2009, 05:09 PM']Neither. ESPN Gamecast.[/quote]

Same...tough to watch a game like that on espn gamecast.

Our bullpen is really, really good.

nice to see harang pitch a great game today, too bad we couldnt get him the win. Its funny reading the preview for this game and talking about how Harang and Davis never get run support and the game played out just like that again today, Harang gave up 2 runs Davis 1 and neither get the win.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783324' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:47 PM']According to MLB.com we have 27 left on base, even better.

Not sure if I would have put coco in this situation, he never pitches very well in tie games this year.[/quote]

According to ESPN it was 16.

[quote name='Jason' post='783149' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:36 PM']Dammit Jay, that's what you have a third base coach for!!!![/quote]

and the 3rd base coach WASNT waving him around.

[quote name='Jason' post='783199' date='Jul 2 2009, 07:19 AM']Yep. He was on second when someone hit a single to center. There was no way the CF was going to catch the ball on the fly, but he stopped halfway between second and third to watch the ball. Had he been paying attention to the 3rd base coach instead, he would have scored EASILY.[/quote]

see above.

[quote][quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783302' date='Jul 2 2009, 02:31 PM']
and Harang just gave up a homer to make it 2-1 in the top of the sixth...pretty much game over as we dont know how to score fucking runs. Not even a homerun every now and then.[/quote]

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783319' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:37 PM']1st and 2nd no outs...middle of the order...

We are either gonna have a devastating loss or a big win...depends on if we can hit for once this game.

EDIT: Yeah! We actually scored...barely by the sounds of it as Sutton hit into a FC, im guessing it was close to a double play.

Now we are probably gonna go into extras with nobody on the bench because we used all of our pinch hitters. What are the odds of scoring a run?[/quote]

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783334' date='Jul 2 2009, 04:07 PM']Thank fucking god for Joey votto.

I dont even know what to say about this game...it was a big win, but at the same time its incredible it even made it to this point.

Message to Walt Jocketty, this team could be really fucking good. Go out and get someone, ANYONE to help out Joey and this pitching staff and maybe the one or two other guys on this team that can hit.

Taveras and Hairston go fuck yourselves.

PS Joey Votto had as many hits as the dbacks today and it still took 10 innings.[/quote]
[/quote]

holy shit you are a cry baby.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783343' date='Jul 2 2009, 05:04 PM']There must be a bunch of different ways to come up with it cause ive seen 16, 27, and 34...[/quote]

ya and the wayts that get 27 and 34 count the same players 2 and 3 times. the Reds werent close to the record.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='783349' date='Jul 2 2009, 06:46 PM']and the 3rd base coach WASNT waving him around.

see above.

holy shit you are a cry baby.

ya and the wayts that get 27 and 34 count the same players 2 and 3 times. the Reds werent close to the record.[/quote]

Sorry you dont find it frustrating that we throw guys out at the top of our order everyday that havent done shit all season. If they want Taveras to get out of the slump find bat him 8 or something, but throwing him out there in the lead off spot hurts this team.

This team has the potential to be a pretty good team if they make a move or two to change some negative things. And im not even talking about a trade or anything necessarily, they can do it in house as well.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='783355' date='Jul 2 2009, 06:52 PM']Sorry you dont find it frustrating that we throw guys out at the top of our order everyday that havent done shit all season. If they want Taveras to get out of the slump find bat him 8 or something, but throwing him out there in the lead off spot hurts this team.

This team has the potential to be a pretty good team if they make a move or two to change some negative things. And im not even talking about a trade or anything necessarily, they can do it in house as well.[/quote]

this team is NOT winning it all this year. i hope we dont make a trade unless it is for a relatively young guy and we better not be moving any of your real good youth or young SPs.

i find it frustrating but i know what growing pains are. jay bruce is having a sophomore slump (no surprise), EE is out, Taveras started off good and has died off, Dickerson/Nix/Gomes all trade off on being good. ramon was our best hitter until he got put at 1B every night, he is a better catcher and hitter than Hanigan. If you put hanigan at a new positions for 3 weeks he will really drop off as a hitter too especially at first base when our team likes to throw shitty balls in the dirt to 1B.

you chicken little'd throughout this whole game inning by inning and it was hilarious. if you do that for stuff that is way more serious you are going to have a heart attack at 35.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='783375' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:28 PM']he is a better catcher and hitter than Hanigan.[/quote]
No he isn't. Hanigan is a better hitter AND throws out base stealers MUCH better than Ramon has. Not saying that Ramon is garbage, but c'mon.

The Reds needed this one badly with what lies ahead. Three games against the Cards and the Reds will be throwing out Bailey, Owings, and Arroyo.

It's pretty clear that Edwin's bat is needed badly. Hairston has been brutal over the last month and Taveras seems like a lost cause.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='783375' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:28 PM']this team is NOT winning it all this year. i hope we dont make a trade unless it is for a relatively young guy and we better not be moving any of your real good youth or young SPs.

i find it frustrating but i know what growing pains are. jay bruce is having a sophomore slump (no surprise), EE is out, Taveras started off good and has died off, Dickerson/Nix/Gomes all trade off on being good. ramon was our best hitter until he got put at 1B every night, he is a better catcher and hitter than Hanigan. If you put hanigan at a new positions for 3 weeks he will really drop off as a hitter too especially at first base when our team likes to throw shitty balls in the dirt to 1B.

you chicken little'd throughout this whole game inning by inning and it was hilarious. if you do that for stuff that is way more serious you are going to have a heart attack at 35.[/quote]

This is the first game Ive really done that because they had bases loaded or a guy on 3rd less then 2 outs like 3 or 4 times without converting. Plus I was bored as shit today so I was posting every inning. Im normally pretty calm.

And right now there is no reason we cant win this division, when EE and Volquez come back we will be a better team. Plus as I heard a guy on MLB network say the other day teams with young players sometimes can make it through the long season without getting as tried and therefore being in a little better position then teams with a bunch of older players.

AND if we can make it to the playoffs who knows what can happen. With pitchers like Volquez and Cueto, and hopefully a solid Harang and a bullpen like we have if we make the playoffs we have a shot.

So yeah I chicken littled, but maybe thats just because I have more faith in this team then you do and expect them to play better then they are.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='783388' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:52 PM']The Reds needed this one badly with what lies ahead. Three games against the Cards and the Reds will be throwing out Bailey, Owings, and Arroyo.

It's pretty clear that Edwin's bat is needed badly. Hairston has been brutal over the last month and Taveras seems like a lost cause.[/quote]

How nice would it be to see Bailey put everything together tomorrow night and through a gem versus the cards and give this team momentum heading into the all star break. If he can hit his potential it would be big for this team.

Archived