Barak "Douchebag" Obama

MULLY

Fuck me. Is this the kind of shit we elected? I thought he was supposed to be one of the good ones. Cocksucker.
MULLY

[quote][b]Obama rooting for Steelers in Super Bowl
[/b]
7 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama said he's pulling for the Pittsburgh Steelers over the Arizona Cardinals in football's biggest game on Sunday — and he did so with a politician's touch.

Obama said Thursday that he would root for Pittsburgh against the "long-suffering" and "great Cinderella story" Cardinals. His spokesman also said the president would have friends as well as a bipartisan group of lawmakers over to the White House to watch the game.

"I have to say, you know, I wish the Cardinals the best," Obama said diplomatically. "You know, Kurt Warner is a great story, and he's closer to my age than anybody else on the field."

Warner, Arizona's 37-year-old quarterback, came out of nowhere about a decade ago to take the St. Louis Rams to two Super Bowls, including a title in 2000. Just when he seemed washed up, Warner rose to the top again this year with a stellar performance. His team was not expected to make the playoffs, let alone get to the title game.

Steelers owner Dan Rooney, a longtime Republican, endorsed Obama's presidential bid and campaigned for him. During Oval Office remarks, Obama noted that one of the Steelers most beloved former players, Franco Harris, had campaigned for him in Pittsburgh, too.

"Other than the (Chicago) Bears," Obama said, "the Steelers are probably the team that's closest to my heart."

Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said the invitation to watch the Super Bowl in the White House is part of the new administration's efforts to work across the political aisle, similar to his bipartisan cocktail party Wednesday night at the executive mansion.

"You know, the president also wanted last night to be a little bit more social, you know, so that individuals could better get to know each other and understand where they're coming from in these legislative disagreements," Gibbs told reporters Thursday. "But, again, you know, the president's outreach on this will continue."

During the pregame show, Obama also planned to participate in a live interview on NBC with Matt Lauer.

Vice President Joe Biden, a native of Scranton, Pa., also is cheering for the Steelers. He told CNBC that he's having a Super Bowl party at the vice president's residence "with some of our Republican and Democratic friends."

"I know you're supposed to be one of these guys that says I'm not sure," said Biden. "But I want to make clear, I'm rooting for the Steelers. Go, Mr. Rooney."[/quote]

Should never trust a man who has multiple favorite teams.

I knew McCain was done when he said the Packers were his favorite team in his book and then said the Stealers were his favorite team in an interview. That is all you need to know about a man's character.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='743375' date='Jan 31 2009, 09:06 AM']Anyone else find it ironic that he chastises the Banks for the way they handled the bailout money, yet he was one of the ones that gave it too them with no guidelines or restrictions on how to use it? :mellow:[/quote]

Well, that's a topic for the Jesus section but I will say this, I thought it was awfully ballsy of him to chastise wall street for their bonuses after he just finished with the most expensive inaugural ball(s) that has ever taken place. That's all I have to say. We should move to the Jesus section if we want to continue this line of talk.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='743376' date='Jan 30 2009, 07:15 PM']Well, that's a topic for the Jesus section but I will say this, I thought it was awfully ballsy of him to chastise wall street for their bonuses after he just finished with the most expensive inaugural ball(s) that has ever taken place. That's all I have to say. We should move to the Jesus section if we want to continue this line of talk.
MULLY[/quote]

Word Mully......where the hell is BJ..I know we have our differences..but it seems a long time since he has been on. Is he camped out in the whitehouse or what. :brow:

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='743376' date='Jan 30 2009, 06:15 PM']Well, that's a topic for the Jesus section but I will say this, I thought it was awfully ballsy of him to chastise wall street for their bonuses after he just finished with the most expensive inaugural ball(s) that has ever taken place. That's all I have to say. We should move to the Jesus section if we want to continue this line of talk.
MULLY[/quote]

I was kind of upset about this as well. That said, wasn't it paid or largely paid for with private money? I'm not saying that I agree with it, but it isn't like it was coming out of my taxes. Other people wanted to 'spend' their money how they wanted to. Now that the party is over, I just hope they really get to work.

I did like that he called them out on bonuses and that damn plane.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='743376' date='Jan 30 2009, 07:15 PM']Well, that's a topic for the Jesus section but I will say this, I thought it was awfully ballsy of him to chastise wall street for their bonuses after he just finished with the most expensive inaugural ball(s) that has ever taken place. That's all I have to say. We should move to the Jesus section if we want to continue this line of talk.
MULLY[/quote]

though I think they spend too much on it to begin with, everything I've heard has said that Obama's inauguration cost less than your more recent presidents.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='743402' date='Jan 30 2009, 09:56 PM']though I think they spend too much on it to begin with, everything I've heard has said that Obama's inauguration cost less than your more recent presidents.[/quote]

They were comparable...

[url="http://mediamatters.org/items/200901190004"]http://mediamatters.org/items/200901190004[/url]

Hey we elected a diversified leader, of course he is going to support imbreds. :) Plus McCain was from Arizona and Arizona carried for him, so why not pick Pennsylvania. He might need those 23 votes in 4 years. Yet it is Ironic that he is rooting for the BIG BAD ESTABLISHMENT over the also rans. Kind of like Big Business over us also rans. But yeah, read into like you want BJ. Look at the new boss, same as the old one.

• 6 months later...

Archived