So Santonio Holmes actually didn't get both feet down

Squirrlnutz

Yes, I've noticed a trend, namely that the Steelers get calls they don't deserve in the Superbowl. The Pats also benefited from some shady officiating. I think the Giants and Colts won fair and square.

Like Old, I don't see why you think discussing the performance of league employees in the league's championship game is out of bounds.

[quote name='Quaker' post='744673' date='Feb 5 2009, 10:58 AM']Yup, lets discuss all the sketchy calls that gave Pitt the win(s)[/quote]

Motherfucker you don't have to discuss anything.

*Denny Green*

If you want to crown their asses, then crown their asses!
They are who we thought they were!

*Denny Green off*

But don't act like everyone else should just bow down
and not question the bullshit.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='744672' date='Feb 5 2009, 11:55 AM'](1)Wait, so because I have a different stance than you,
I am a brick wall? Well wall meet wall.

(2)All I said at first was that this is what SHOULD have happened.
You acted like it wouldn't have erased the score. I was like DUH.
But it WOULD have impacted/changed what really did happened.
That isn't saying the Cardinals still wouldn't have lost. Never once did I say that.

Did you need me to break out a fucking chalkboard and draw you a picture?

3. Are you saying you don't hate that the Stealers won?

Again, read above.

(4)And you act as if I am the only person in the World discussing this stuff.
It has been discussed/posted on ESPN, CBS, NBC, FOX Sports, Pro Football Talk
and every other major sporting News site on the internet. Yet, because I am
discussing the same things, I am "wallowing"? Whatever.

(5)Yeah, I noticed that the last 2 Super Bowls the Stealers have won,
there has been a Stealer bias by the refs. I am not the only person
in the World to notice it though. Even the Head of Officiating said
that Holmes should have been penalized, and gave some bullshit
excuse. But no, leave it to YOU to try and act like it is only me
"wallowing" in another questionable Stealers Championship.

Fuck off, seriously.[/quote]
1. No. You simply refuse to accept the outcome of the game as a steeler win. I am not spending my time going over this or that to find a way and make the steelers seem like they got handed the game.

2. What happened, happened. Get over it, missed penalty or not.

3. Oh, I don't like that the Steelers won. But I'm not going to sit here and be mad about it.

4. If every other sporting news networkk jumped off a bridge, would you?

5. Bad calls or not, neither win for the Steelers will be stripped from them.

[quote name='Quaker' post='744673' date='Feb 5 2009, 11:58 AM']Yup, lets discuss all the sketchy calls that gave Pitt the win(s)

Nevermind the Cardinal defense that allowed Pitt to drive down the field and get the game winning TD.[/quote]

I heard the same shit after SB 40. The Seahawks didn't play a flawless game so they can't blame anybody but themselves. The Cards let a team drive down the field, so they can't complain about refs' bonehead calls or non-calls. So every team should have to beat the stealers by a margin where the refs can't affect the outcome?

just out of curiosity i've checked other teams message boards to see if they had the same issues, while there was mention none spend so much time disucussing/wallowing or whatever, i get it that we have a "special" relationship with the stealers but i can't help but think we need to give it a rest.

[quote name='Quaker' post='744679' date='Feb 5 2009, 11:05 AM']1. No. You simply refuse to accept the outcome of the game as a steeler win. I am not spending my time going over this or that to find a way and make the steelers seem like they got handed the game.[/quote]

Where did I say I refuse to accept it?

I don't like it, I think there were a lot of bad/missed calls,
that is what I am discussing.

No, you are spending a lot of time saying a whole lot of nothing, really.

You think they won fair and square? Great.

[quote]2. What happened, happened. Get over it, missed penalty or not.[/quote]

I am not ranting and raving. I posted something that was posted YESTERDAY.
I guess CBS and the Head of Officiating should be the one's you tell to get over it.

[quote]3. Oh, I don't like that the Steelers won. But I'm not going to sit here and be mad about it.[/quote]

I am not mad either.

[quote]4. If every other sporting news networkk jumped off a bridge, would you?[/quote]

Wasn't it you that said "Lame, what a 5th grade response" just the other day?

Ironic.

[quote]5. Bad calls or not, neither win for the Steelers will be stripped from them.[/quote]

Whoa. You are just a fucking pelthora of information today aren't you?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='744683' date='Feb 5 2009, 11:09 AM']this thread is retarded, yall need to move on!!![/quote]

With all due respect. If you think the subject is retarded, and want to "move on"
to other subjects, feel free.

[quote name='TrustNMarvin' post='744682' date='Feb 5 2009, 12:08 PM']just out of curiosity i've checked other teams message boards to see if they had the same issues, while there was mention none spend so much time disucussing/wallowing or whatever, i get it that we have a "special" relationship with the stealers but i can't help but think we need to give it a rest.[/quote]

I agree, but the sad thing is that the Steelers are going to be in this position for years to come.

[quote]The reasons for all the black-and-gold optimism are obvious: quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, at 26, already owns two rings in his first five NFL seasons, a feat topped only by Tom Brady's three Super Bowl wins in his opening five years. Mike Tomlin, 36, became the youngest Super Bowl-winning head coach in history and looks headed for one of those typically long coaching tenures in Pittsburgh. And the Steelers just might have discovered a potential No. 1 receiver to replace Hines Ward someday soon in Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes, who's just 24 and a veteran of three NFL seasons.

Throw in the likes of 27-year-old safety Troy Polamalu, 24-year-old linebacker LaMarr Woodley, and fifth-year veteran linebacker James Harrison, who's only 30, and Pittsburgh's top-ranked defense has foundational rocks that should keep it among the league's elite for the foreseeable future.[/quote]

This really puts us behind the 8 ball considering how much ground we have to make up just to get to the level of where the Steelers are now. It will be interesting to see what is done this offseason.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='744687' date='Feb 5 2009, 12:21 PM'](1)Where did I say I refuse to accept it?
I don't like it, I think there were a lot of bad/missed calls,
that is what I am discussing.
No, you are spending a lot of time saying a whole lot of nothing, really.
You think they won fair and square? Great.

(2)I am not ranting and raving. I posted something that was posted YESTERDAY.
I guess CBS and the Head of Officiating should be the one's you tell to get over it.

(3)I am not mad either.

(4)Wasn't it you that said "Lame, what a 5th grade response" just the other day?
Ironic.

(5)Whoa. You are just a fucking pelthora of information today aren't you?[/quote]
1. (a)[quote]I had a problem with the call then and now.

I don't know exactly when the photo was taken, but I questioned
whether both feet were down, even after seeing the replay.

I understand that the call on the field was a TD( surprise surprise),[/quote]

(b)Honestly, yeah. Despite all the bad/missed calls Arizona still had the lead late in the 4th. And with the lead, the Arizona defense let the Steeler offense march down the field and score the game winning TD. What's not fair and square about that?

2. Not ranting and raving? Refer to 1a. Then you go from the 2 feet down "call" to the penalty "non-call"

3. Refer to 1a. And the "surprise, surprise" comment especially.

4. Don't parents usually use that line TO 5th grade children?

5. Always.

[quote name='Quaker' post='744697' date='Feb 5 2009, 11:49 AM']1. (a)

(b)Honestly, yeah. Despite all the bad/missed calls Arizona still had the lead late in the 4th. And with the lead, the Arizona defense let the Steeler offense march down the field and score the game winning TD. What's not fair and square about that?[/quote]

Ummmm, the bad and missed calls aren't fair and square about that.
There was even a couple of bad or missed calls AFTER that. Genius.

[quote]2. Not ranting and raving? Refer to 1a. Then you go from the 2 feet down "call" to the penalty "non-call"[/quote]

No, not ranting and raving. Did you not see ME POST THE PICTURE AND CONCEDE THAT
HE DID INDEED HAVE BOTH FEET DOWN?

All I did after that, and what you first commented on was the fact
that they missed a 15 yard penalty that would have impacted the
Cardinals last drive. Is it REALLY that hard to understand?

[quote]3. Refer to 1a. And the "surprise, surprise" comment especially.[/quote]

Yes, the surprise, surprise comment was that most of the big calls went in
favor of the Stealers. Just like Super Bowl XL.

[quote]4. Don't parents usually use that line TO 5th grade children?[/quote]

So you think you are my parent? Fuck off asshole.

[quote]5. Always.[/quote]

Never. All I have seen you do is wish death on Go and his family.
Or attack me over topics or posts I make. You = know nothing asshole.

[size=5][url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/05/holmes-touchdown-celebration-under-review/"][color="#d81718"]HOLMES TOUCHDOWN CELEBRATION “UNDER REVIEW”[/color][/url][/size]

Posted by Mike Florio on February 5, 2009, 11:01 a.m.

Amid rumblings that the league might not fine Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes [url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/04/santonio-losing-no-sleep-over-lebron-routine/"][color="#d81718"]for his LeBron homage[/color][/url] after scoring the game-winning touchdown in Super Bowl XLIII, we asked NFL spokesman Greg Aiello whether it’s true that Holmes won’t be fined.

Aiello told us via e-mail that the matter is “under review.”

The review, frankly, should take only a matter of seconds. And it would go something like this:

1. Did Holmes score a touchdown? Check.

2. Did he celebrate the touchdown? Check.

3. Did he use the ball as a prop in celebrating the touchdown? Check.

That’s it. That’s all the league needs to do. Because based on past precedent, it’s automatic.

As Dan Patrick surmised during our Thursday morning visit with him, the only reason for not fining Holmes would be to avoid the news event that would come from the imposition of the fine — which would in turn underscore the failure of the officials to throw a flag and impose a 15-yard penalty on the ensuing kickoff.

And that’s really the issue that needs to be addressed here. Why wasn’t the flag thrown?

The official explanation seems to be that Holmes’ antics came so long after the score that the officials didn’t notice. But why aren’t one or more of the officials instructed to keep an eye on the person who scored the touchdown until he surrenders the ball and then returns to the bench area?

Our guess is that they are so instructed, and that — for whatever reason — they’re reluctant to throw a flag when the player who scores a “big” touchdown engages in a technical violation of the post-touchdown rules.

It happened during the regular season, when Vikings running back [url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/12/non-call-on-peterson-helmet-removal-frustrates-pereira/"][color="#d81718"]Adrian Peterson removed his helmet[/color][/url] in the end zone after scoring a game-deciding touchdown against the Packers.

And it happened in the biggest [url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#"]game[/url] of the year, at a time when moving the point of the kickoff from the 30 to the 15 could have had a huge impact on the outcome of the game.

Maybe that’s why no one had the nerve to throw the flag — maybe the officials realize that it’s fundamentally unfair to penalize the team for the temporarily boneheaded actions of a player who was caught up in one of the most thrilling moments of his life.

If that’s the case, the league has two options: (1) hire officials who’ll apply the rules as written in every circumstance; or (2) change the rules.

There’s another reason for lamenting the failure to flag Holmes. Though throwing the flag might have indeed altered the outcome of the Super Bowl, doing so would have gone a long way toward erasing the perception that, in big games, the zebras trade their black and white [url="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9168548/Here"][color="#d81718"]for black and gold[/color][/url].

[url="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/05/holmes-touchdown-celebration-under-review/"]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/05/...n-under-review/[/url]

A couple of things:

1. The ref said that Holmes had moved to the sidelines before the chalk thing and that they had turned their backs to get ready for the PAT. He said they did not see it so they didn't call it.

2. You can't review a play and call a penalty that was not seen or called in the original play. The replay rule does not allow that.

[quote name='Quaker' post='744639' date='Feb 5 2009, 10:15 AM']The game is over and it will never be changed, the Cards will never be conceeded a win, so whats the point of worrying about it other than just trying to hate on the stealers.[/quote]

I don't have to "try" to hate on the stealers.

Are we now supposed to NOT hate on the stealers, because the wretched ass says so?

Fuck off.

Aw Jesus, who cares anymore? Fuck the Steelers, I hate them, but they deserved the win. They won...big fucking deal...fuck them.

To me, the biggest play was Arizona giving up on the last play of the first half when Arizona's QB Warner threw that pick that Harrison returned for a TD. If someone could have tackled him, the half would have been over. There's no way Harrison should have been able to return that all the way.

Also, Harrison should have been ejected for that dirty-assed punching routine he put on. Funny, the legacy of Joey Porter lives on, apparently.

Fuck the Steelers, but man, they outplayed the Cardinals.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='744808' date='Feb 5 2009, 10:07 PM']Aw Jesus, who cares anymore? Fuck the Steelers, I hate them, but they deserved the win. They won...big fucking deal...fuck them.

To me, the biggest play was Arizona giving up on the last play of the first half when Arizona's QB Warner threw that pick that Harrison returned for a TD. If someone could have tackled him, the half would have been over. There's no way Harrison should have been able to return that all the way.

Also, Harrison should have been ejected for that dirty-assed punching routine he put on. Funny, the legacy of Joey Porter lives on, apparently.

Fuck the Steelers, but man, they outplayed the Cardinals.[/quote]

agreed except for the last line. I actually think the Cardinals outplayed the stealers for much of the game. Just two bad drives by the cardinals D and the interception were much of the stealers points. Cards put up over 400yds of offense on the best defense in the league.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='744811' date='Feb 5 2009, 10:27 PM']agreed except for the last line. I actually think the Cardinals outplayed the stealers for much of the game. Just two bad drives by the cardinals D and the interception were much of the stealers points. Cards put up over 400yds of offense on the best defense in the league.[/quote]

"on the best defense in the league"........
and that says it all in winning super bowls in Pittsburgh......allways have those nasty linebackers and a great safety...
Take note MB.....
Maualuga and Ndukwe.....build something of a nasty natured defense to thwart off the bruisers in our division....

I think we should care, to hopefully deter any further bad refereeing in the future. Yeah, the stealers won the Super Bowl, but shit should be raised to make sure any dirty business that may be going on stops. Fix the damn refereeing, pay them as much as the players get paid, so that they can not be swayed by money. We all put a lot of money into this sport, and we deserve fair play by all.

[quote name='steggyD' post='744826' date='Feb 5 2009, 11:22 PM']I think we should care, to hopefully deter any further bad refereeing in the future. Yeah, the stealers won the Super Bowl, but shit should be raised to make sure any dirty business that may be going on stops. Fix the damn refereeing, pay them as much as the players get paid, so that they can not be swayed by money. We all put a lot of money into this sport, and we deserve fair play by all.[/quote]

or at least make it a full time job

[quote name='Bunghole' post='744808' date='Feb 5 2009, 10:07 PM']Aw Jesus, who cares anymore? Fuck the Steelers, I hate them, but they deserved the win. They won...big fucking deal...fuck them.

[b]To me, the biggest play was Arizona giving up on the last play of the first half when Arizona's QB Warner threw that pick that Harrison returned for a TD. If someone could have tackled him, the half would have been over. There's no way Harrison should have been able to return that all the way.[/b]

Fuck the Steelers, but man, they outplayed the Cardinals.[/quote]

Illegal block in the back anyone?

Archived